Random pic thread.

So how hard was it to remove, and any idea what kind of paint it was? Is it anything like wall paint, where it's like sanding plastic that just wants to heat up and smear until you find the right combination of abrasive grit and surface speed?

I'm always curious about stuff like that.

Also, how do you get the rest of the border edge up to the baseboard; is that just done by hand with an orbital or small belt sander?

Ran 40g on the belt sander, 2 cuts. The rest is done with a 7" edger then hand scraped the corners and any/a bunch areas in the middle of the floor that the sander didn't get. This house was built in 1924 and should have been either gutted or burnt down. The homeowner has hired one of the best contractors in the area to do the work but is only patching things together. Larry, Moe and Curley could have done this job and it wouldn't look any different at the end of the day. It's like hiring Superman to write parking tickets.

4694.jpeg
Anybody want some chicken?
This happened not far from my house. :eek:

Ran 40g on the belt sander, 2 cuts. The rest is done with a 7" edger then hand scraped the corners and any/a bunch areas in the middle of the floor that the sander didn't get. This house was built in 1924 and should have been either gutted or burnt down. The homeowner has hired one of the best contractors in the area to do the work but is only patching things together. Larry, Moe and Curley could have done this job and it wouldn't look any different at the end of the day. It's like hiring Superman to write parking tickets.
Hope it was checked for lead.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Was this the flat black tacoma with the flat bed I saw all the time around B.E.?
Yup

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

the best I've ever seen was 20mpg @ 60mph on a flat highway for 250 miles with the 100gl aux tank damn near empty. This truck gets 15-16 cruise set on 82 going to Asheville and back with the aux tank full. The internet and other fools will tell you they get more, but they don't.

The lie-o-meter on my '15 said 20.9 when I pulled in the driveway from Nashville this evening. I'll fill it up sometime this weekend and see what it really got. If it does as well or better than my first gen I'll be happy.

Duane

Hope it was checked for lead.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Oh yea I almost forgot, I once worked in a battery factory. Recorded the highest lead levels ever, quit that same day.

suitable future boat anchor material right there
wonder what the price/weight of that would be?? I never considered they would be in a drum,just varied sizes of ammo cans,

Too bad its $3500 .28/round

I like driving to workw on snow days. Made record time with no traffic.

Driving near @rodney eppes house
IMG_20181212_070441.jpg

Then crossing the Catawba river
IMG_20181212_070712.jpg

And then getting on 485 with sunrise in the background and the Charlotte skyline on the horizon.
IMG_20181212_071157.jpg

You sir, are dining on the food of the God’s. I prefer my fries animal style. Sometimes I’ll animal the burger. I wish that place was on the east coast.

It was my first time eating there. I wasnt aware of the fancy off menu options until I already had my food. Definitely good drunk food!

Back