Random pic thread.

I would never recommend doing it, but when your walkboards and ladder jacks are several hundred miles away what are you going to do.
Charge the owner more and come up with a better solution, that's what.
If his or your insurance caught wind of this kind of shenanigans you'd be out of business quick.

Don’t remember them from childhood Disney trips but that’s been a few decades. Hopefully your wish about Daffy Duck and Minnie Mouse comes true.
Daffy? Come on, man.

Bet the bed was empty, been there done that w my yota when I was young and dumb. Had great tires 33/12/15s, just snow in the bed for weight, not heavy wet snow. I was having a ball driving in the snow. Going down a hill maybe 25mph in a curve I tapped the brake. The ass of the truck passed the front in an instant. Spun twice and slid to the outside shoulder. The only thing that stopped me from rolling over and dropping off a 30/40' slope was the 2' of snow on the shoulder from the plow hours earlier. That stopped the truck. I never drove it again in the snow w/o a load of firewood or cinderblocks in the bed along w the weight of the snow
Video on the news yesterday, I-40, [Burk Co.?] slid on Black Ice [like everyone was doing] tagged the median & flipped. His Load of cinder blocks was laying under the upside down bed. He Said, they didn't help, when he hit the Ice. :rolleyes:

I get what you guys are saying. I guess when you make a living a spending most days on the edge of a roof 60+ ft in the air ,doing something dumb 8ft off the ground just doesn't register as that dangerous

I get what you guys are saying. I guess when you make a living a spending most days on the edge of a roof 60+ ft in the air ,doing something dumb 8ft off the ground just doesn't register as that dangerous
Looked pretty normal to me....I cleaned snow off my building of a 21 foot ladder in the muck.
My wife and kid where holding it. More like leaning. Made them feel better. I knew if it slipped they weren't going to do much to slow it down.

Other then it's not feet on the rung what's the big deal. Locked into the step and angle to the wall, where is it going?
Although the ladder is spaning the length it's force is straight down on the supporting ladder. Now carrying the load in the center of the span....That's the test.

By the way, fire ladders are loaded just like this to test them. Support on each end with the load suspended in the middle. Not loaded down the beam like in the vertical.

I’ve thrown down rickety ass ladders from one roof to another to get across the gap to an adjoining house. All while loaded down with a bunch of gear, to sneak up on assholes down range. I’m never the guy to ask “is this safe?”.
That’s a totally different situation and you are trained to take a fall and walk away.

Yeah i was only on it for a half hour or so. I agree its sketchy, thats why I was on the contraption and not one of our employees. I would never recommend doing it, but when your walkboards and ladder jacks are several hundred miles away what are you going to do.

Ive done stupid because the job demanded it. I get it.

The real issue here is where the load is distributed and in what direction. With the upside down ladder all of the weight is on 2 small rivets into fiberglass. Its not going through the fiberglass legs to the feet the force is all in shear on those rivets. Then you've doubled down by having the same loading force on the top ladder.

I respect the statement that you did it so an employee wouldnt have to. I would just ask this question...Im assuming you have a family. And the whole reason we really all work is too provide for our family. If you fall on that contraption there is zero chance you are landing on you feet, given the stairs etc. Good chance you could break your back and end up paralyzed. Is it really providing if you force them to spoon feed you for the rest of their lives?

It just aint worth it.

But maybe Im just old and soft these days.

Breakfast of champions

MVIMG_20181213_083300.jpg

Why is that dodge not making 44.4 MPG?!?!?
the best I've ever seen was 20mpg @ 60mph on a flat highway for 250 miles with the 100gl aux tank damn near empty. This truck gets 15-16 cruise set on 82 going to Asheville and back with the aux tank full. The internet and other fools will tell you they get more, but they don't.

post a finished pic....I bet buried under that is pure gold!
On another note do you ever worry about lead based paint in a old house??
Second cut pic. I had to have a class in lead paint removal if that means anything. I wear a N95 respirator and run cyclone triple filter vac system also. That's about all I can do.
IMG_20181212_094141546.jpg

It's going to be one of those days.
View attachment 282049

So how hard was it to remove, and any idea what kind of paint it was? Is it anything like wall paint, where it's like sanding plastic that just wants to heat up and smear until you find the right combination of abrasive grit and surface speed?

I'm always curious about stuff like that.

Also, how do you get the rest of the border edge up to the baseboard; is that just done by hand with an orbital or small belt sander?

Did you propose?
No, the Mrs may have something to say about it. However, it inspired me to take care of the most important meal for myself.
IMG_20181213_101528.jpg

Back