Random pic thread.

We do this at the FD every year. We adopt a couple families from the elementary school and give them a Christmas to remember. One of my favorite things to do. 0 credit, totally anonymous. We raise the money through the year through fundraisers, no tax dollars.

That's also the reason I've loved the FD for all these years. In a person's worst day we are there. No individual credit just a couple people in Black helmets.

Might have to ask you how to go about the school system, I had an extra $5k I was planning on tossing toward the children’s home, but they had other businesses that had already stepped up. One of my people said they did a family from a local school a few years ago, but it was set up through a teacher they knew. Don’t want to make it an ‘awkward’ thing, but if there’s a way to anonymously find out who needs what, I’d love to.

Where did the other 80% of stuff go??
20181220_204213.jpg
20181220_204159.jpg

And maybe the entire house garage and both enclosed trailers

Last edited:
IMG_20181219_191514.jpg

Well, at least it looks cool. Ill let yall know how it works once i get a real truck with 6 tires, a long bed, airbags, WD hitch, and a pair of truck nutz.

^^^
How many hours did it take you to mill that thing out?
Roughly zero. I planned to do it in my spare time, so instead of waiting 5 years, decided to just buy one.

Might have to ask you how to go about the school system, I had an extra $5k I was planning on tossing toward the children’s home, but they had other businesses that had already stepped up. One of my people said they did a family from a local school a few years ago, but it was set up through a teacher they knew. Don’t want to make it an ‘awkward’ thing, but if there’s a way to anonymously find out who needs what, I’d love to.
Contact the school councilor. She gives us a list of families with ages, sizes and a list of wishes and interests. Totally anonymous for both parties. We get a family # and child #, wrap the gifts and use painters tape to identify the family/child and put a blank tag on it so the parents can sign the to/from.

View attachment 282533
Well, at least it looks cool. Ill let yall know how it works once i get a real truck with 6 tires, a long bed, airbags, WD hitch, and a pair of truck nutz.

I've got one of the 180 hitches from them, it works great. It's a little bulky looking for the truck it's on because of the bigass billet body, but it's the only hitch I'll ever need for anything I can possibly tow with that truck.

View attachment 282533

My dad has been using a 2.5” shank version of this hitch for a little while; so far it seems to Fit the bill. He wanted to put one on his Alumiduty, fittingly.

Well we got weight on the spring, still so much work to do. Need to find some 2" or stock springs, sits 3.5" tall in the rear over the front right now.

I have stock springs off 05 LJ Rubicon if you want them. Can meet in Statesville, Mooresville, Union Grove.

I have stock springs off 05 LJ Rubicon if you want them. Can meet in Statesville, Mooresville, Union Grove.
I'll shoot you a pm today at some point. I'll be nearish this weekend.

I'm headed up to my inlaws tomorrow in good ole Wallyburg right down the road from the old radar base. If you guys work it out I could possibly scoop these up and bring them w/ me if it'll help out.

Do you have a backpack program in your county?

It is a good way to find out the kids that need help. But it's also a great program to donate to, as it helps feed those kids that really need it, yr round.

If your county doesn't, and you would like to start one, I can connect you to our program leader. She does an awesome job, and I'm sure would give some suggestions.

Do you have a backpack program in your county?

It is a good way to find out the kids that need help. But it's also a great program to donate to, as it helps feed those kids that really need it, yr round.

If your county doesn't, and you would like to start one, I can connect you to our program leader. She does an awesome job, and I'm sure would give some suggestions.

I'll second this...

My wife run this her school. Great program!

Circa 1963,I don't think that would fly today.

I remember, as a kid, SO MANY shadetree mechanics use to pour the used oil on their gravel driveways.

I remember, as a kid, SO MANY shadetree mechanics use to pour the used oil on their gravel driveways.
My parents neighbor still did that to their road in the late 90s and early 2000s. I still apply used oil to my driveway, but I do it in a much sneakier way using the Ford method.

Back