Random pic thread.

I remember, as a kid, SO MANY shadetree mechanics use to pour the used oil on their gravel driveways.
yeah a local guy to me lived about 200 yards from the main road on a gravel road.back in the 80's he dumped about 5 drums of burnt oil on the road to settle the dust.He got by w it but there was an oil slick on the paved road for a while.

Well. It did COME from the ground....

The only real problem I see other than run off into streams (or roads apparently reading above), is it not making its way down into the water tables. Yikes!

I’m not a geo guy so I have no idea on the facts. What I do know is that people blow head gaskets over pouring a gallon of oil out in your back yard twice a year, while no one ever talks about the millions of gallons spilled annually, or the 14 year long spill that just now gets some attention and a court order to fix....

4B98D501-7E13-44FE-A850-0B290820CF2F.jpeg

Anybody remember the tanker loads of PCB that were "spilled" all up and down county roads round here in the 70/80s? I seen't It, miles of a brown stain/dead grass on the shoulder of the roads.

Times Beach, Missouri - Wikipedia

-A ghost town now, due to contaminated oil sprayed on dirt roads to keep the dust down. My uncle took me by the town over 30 years ago.

Looks like a homemade version of a Little Debbie cake? :rockon:
Yes, much better...home made creme and a spicy oatmeal cookie that doesn't get hard and crumbly.1545508925489-604097095.jpg
Update the little tin are all mine, snicker doodles.
And sugar cookies are for family and guest to "play with tonight while having a glass of wine" decorate.

View attachment 282533
Well, at least it looks cool. Ill let yall know how it works once i get a real truck with 6 tires, a long bed, airbags, WD hitch, and a pair of truck nutz.

friend of mine bought one, i used it to verify the tongue weight of our camper, seems to be reasonably accurate up to 500 (mine was 430lbs on a pop up camp tongue) camper scales 3490lb on the axle

Yeah they are neat until they start wrecking the shit out of your yard (think roto-tiller gone with a methed out driver), spreading disease or you smoke one at 75mph on the highway.... nasty little fuckers and I was hoping to never see them again after I move here from La.

I've heard there are some west of Haywood County, maybe as close as Jackson County.
I don’t think they would survive a winter up here.

I see them all over the low country and Midlands of South Carolina. Tonight is supposed to be around 32 degrees so I'll be curious to see what this thing does when it gets to near freezing. It's been just moseying around the campsite grazing for whatever it is they eat.

Those things are almost as bad as hogs with as much ground as they turn up. On my list of useless animals.
From the little research I've done, coyotes, bears Mt lion and cougar are known to kill and eat the adults. Hawks and owls eat the babies. I don't think they'll fare to well in the Carolinas, but who knows.

From the little research I've done, coyotes, bears Mt lion and cougar are known to kill and eat the adults. Hawks and owls eat the babies. I don't think they'll fare to well in the Carolinas, but who knows.

Unfortunately we no longer have mtn. lions in the Carolinas......

Back