Random pic thread.

Got a new toy on Thursday...
View attachment 312991
And broke it on Saturday.
View attachment 312989

Fortunately it was an easy fix. Nut came loose on the tensioner, and the bolt backed out. Found the bolt in the gravel I was spreading, and my neighbor had a (very short) hi-lift, and a 5/8"-11 nut, so I was back in business in 10 minutes and didn't even have to walk home.

And if any of y'all ever strap down a piece of equipment this poorly, I'm going to steal your straps. It's a good thing no one pulled out in front of them. The parking brake wasn't even on.

<--Front of trailer
View attachment 312990

Posi-track AND a turbo?!?! Daaaannngggg!!! (Said in in my best Joe Dirt voice)

Posi-track AND a turbo?!?! Daaaannngggg!!! (Said in in my best Joe Dirt voice)
AC, tilt, and leather armrests too!

Got a new toy on Thursday...
View attachment 312991
And broke it on Saturday.
View attachment 312989

Fortunately it was an easy fix. Nut came loose on the tensioner, and the bolt backed out. Found the bolt in the gravel I was spreading, and my neighbor had a (very short) hi-lift, and a 5/8"-11 nut, so I was back in business in 10 minutes and didn't even have to walk home.

And if any of y'all ever strap down a piece of equipment this poorly, I'm going to steal your straps. It's a good thing no one pulled out in front of them. The parking brake wasn't even on.

<--Front of trailer
View attachment 312990

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'd say I've never seen 29 Delivery! Have Now!

Attachments

• IMG_20200301_112422449_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200301_112422449_HDR.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 185
Dodges get all the hoes.

20200302_190443.jpg

Replaced with 2300 ft of 5".

20200302_194654.jpg

20200302_195014.jpg

Last edited:
that's actually quite heavy...….stuff absolutely is hard work to re-lace purty in a truck.

You ain't kidding. Took 2k ft off to replace with 5".

that's actually quite heavy...….stuff absolutely is hard work to re-lace purty in a truck.

More fun when it's soaked and frozen. And you, your gloves, socks and feet.

You ain't kidding. Took 2k ft off to replace with 5".
Damn that's a lot of LDH for one truck. I guess you plan on a lot our reverse lays in your district. We only carry 1000' on our trucks.

Damn that's a lot of LDH for one truck. I guess you plan on a lot our reverse lays in your district. We only carry 1000' on our trucks.

We carry 1200 ft on our first out engine, now 2300 on our second out, and 2000 on our 3000 gallon tanker.

Our district is mainly chicken houses and farms, so we set up for big water and long lays. We dont have any hydrants, so it's all tankers or drafting as well.

One of our neighbors did a video of them laying out 5500 ft of LDH. They mean business.

East Bend Fire Department State ISO Hose Lay 2018 - YouTube

Dang man, you can lay some Hose! My former department bought the first 5" yellow hose in Mecklenburg, Co., back in the mid 70s. 1000', if I remember. We actually had a electric reel built, into the back of the Equipment truck, to lay it out & roll it back up. Years later, as it was getting old, we switched to 4", as Charlotte & other departments carried 4". Then we racked it on the Pumper.

One of those benches would go great in the bed of a longbed pickup.

Back