Random pic thread.

20200330_201801_HDR.jpg

He was the environmental agent or something like that at his old job at the other paper mill...

And I’ll argue that clearcutting isn’t bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They announced today that they have two cases across the river from him.

If you don't have to make a mad dash into the shop to grab the fire extinguisher at 1:30am, are you really even working on something? :shaking:
IMG_20200331_013923.jpg

You work at a paper mill, you just want to clearcut the world. Don't act like you aren't prejudiced :lol:
My boss used to think it was strange that I four wheeled and wanted to conserve nature. I actually went to school for Wildlife and Fisheries Science. I believe he said something around the interesting dichotomy that is my life :lol:

but you are also correct. I believe cutting trees helps with early successional stage species...and paper. So cut'em all, Jack!

He was the environmental agent or something like that at his old job at the other paper mill...

And I’ll argue that clearcutting isn’t bad

I was the Water Engineer and ORC/Supervisor to the mill's Wastewater Treatment Plant. Not much to do with trees but I did work for the Forest Service one summer conducting bird count surveys around Tellico. My consensus... not enough tree cutting :lol:

That's hot!

As a side note - what coating is that? Duracoat? Aluma Hyde? Was thinking I wanted to coat mine with something without the cost/time involved in anodizing. Especially since it's going to get beat to shit anyway.

EDIT: I see you had the selector set to 'vaporize' :D

That's hot!

As a side note - what coating is that? Duracoat? Aluma Hyde? Was thinking I wanted to coat mine with something without the cost/time involved in anodizing. Especially since it's going to get beat to shit anyway.

EDIT: I see you had the selector set to 'vaporize' :D

I bought the parts from aero already fde, but it looks like they use cerakote. Seems pretty tough. And yeah this rifle has a lightning link and it was used on "full" for the snake

but you are also correct. I believe cutting trees helps with early successional stage species...and paper. So cut'em all, Jack!

The other (imho better) ecological argument is, pine plantations managed for pulp production and clear cut are more efficient producers of paper pulp than selective cutting in "natural forests", meaning the extreme localized impact is greater in a clear cut but the overall impact is much lower and results actually in more forest land retention.

This is too much like work.

20200331_173701.jpg

The other (imho better) ecological argument is, pine plantations managed for pulp production and clear cut are more efficient producers of paper pulp than selective cutting in "natural forests", meaning the extreme localized impact is greater in a clear cut but the overall impact is much lower and results actually in more forest land retention.

Put then people argue pine plantations are dead islands without the diversity of plants and animals.

Although if managed properly they can be deer and quail factories IF there is some other kind of habit for them to forage in.

Back