Random pic thread.

I went and looked at a 5.5ft bushhog on Tuesday for my tractor...
Then I reminded myself that I don't really have anything to bush hog
So I started considering fixing dad's 5footer instead, haha.

His is fine other than the plate, but to fix it right, I would need to knock off all the plate, get it down to the frame, and the weld the outside channels back on. Honestly I like their design with the C-channel side rails, because that's where everyone else's deck fails, but the plate's gotta survive too.

I have my eye on this Dunham EG60 cutter, and the deck is 3/16"ish plate and free of rust.
View attachment 344376

Gearbox is smooth and deck is in great shape other than the obvious surface rust. But I kinda worry that will add too much weight for his anemic Ford 8N. But I can get it for not much more than the material to fix his, and can probably get $100-200 for the busted King Kutter. Also, has anyone priced 5ft bush hogs lately? Cheapest new one I could find was $1150! Last I checked they were like $600-700 all day long (but it has been a few years).
The one I fixed is built with 1/4 plate and I have been using it with my old 9n. No issues yet with the weight of it.
1014200806.jpg

And despite living in hell she is wearing the proper colors of SC ;)

I diiiiig that gate set up

Is that a 3/4x2" plate frame? :eek:
Yep, Its built like a tank. Buddy of mine built it years ago and made a miscalculation when mounting the gearbox and the stump jumper bottomed out on the deck before tightening up. He threw it in the weeds behinds his shop and it sat there for 30 years before he gave it to me. I lowered the gear box area 1/2" and it works like a charm.

His is fine other than the plate, but to fix it right, I would need to knock off all the plate, get it down to the frame, and the weld the outside channels back on. Honestly I like their design with the C-channel side rails, because that's where everyone else's deck fails, but the plate's gotta survive too.

I have my eye on this Dunham EG60 cutter, and the deck is 3/16"ish plate and free of rust.
View attachment 344376

Gearbox is smooth and deck is in great shape other than the obvious surface rust. But I kinda worry that will add too much weight for his anemic Ford 8N. But I can get it for not much more than the material to fix his, and can probably get $100-200 for the busted King Kutter. Also, has anyone priced 5ft bush hogs lately? Cheapest new one I could find was $1150! Last I checked they were like $600-700 all day long (but it has been a few years).
What is that car looking 4 wh dr. rat rod thing, next to the EG60?

True story; My uncles best friend had a piece fly out from/off of a rotary mower and hit him across the back of his head. They found him late that night laying in the field with the tractor way off down on the other side of the property. Severe brain damage from blood loss/laying out in the sun for however long and never recovered the use of the entire left side of his body. That being said just tell pops to wear a helmet.
@mikek

That has to be the tallest wooden ladder stand I have ever seen. It's the tallest ladderstand I've ever seen of any construction honestly. That mf must have wobbled like nobodies business when you were climbing it

That has to be the tallest wooden ladder stand I have ever seen. It's the tallest ladderstand I've ever seen of any construction honestly. That mf must have wobbled like nobodies business when you were climbing it
I have one that’s about 14 foot and we picked up one in PA that was on the side of the road w a “free” sign on it that we had to turn sideways to get the door shut on our 18 foot enclosed trailer.

Back