Random pic thread.

Saw this over the weekend.couldn’t stop drooling.
39810129-AFD7-4F90-94D7-37693020A133.jpeg

B615B4DC-C5DA-4383-B68A-6F83803B8CD8.jpeg

Youngest son (5) decided to put a damper on summer-break

1623940076414.png

1623940099538.png

That is really strange!

I have heard of people soaking seed corn before planting though I didn’t do that.

Our soil isn’t super either but I will be amending it this winter. This was the first year we gardened here as we moved full time in Feb.

I didn’t irrigate the garden but one time because we have had decent to heavy rain. I have put 10-10-10 on it once and will again before the rain this weekend coming in

Had folks suggest crows, rats, and other animals, but I dont see signs of it being dug up, and not a single plant sprouted. I havent weeded in that area, just make sure sprouts wouldnt get pulled.

I planted corn in this area last year, directly in the clay. layered on top soil and compost this yr to help with the other crops I moved there. Its the only explanation I can make, even though we have been getting plenty of rain, lately, so I wouldnt think it would dry out.

Do you happen to know what the hell kind of tree it is?
No, mine seem to all be regrowth from previously harvested tree stumps. You can see one to the left in this picture. My flatlands are riddled with them.
0324211921c_HDR.jpg

I think I saw it's Cousin! Same color, but hard to tell in the picture.
I did not realize they put a Hemi in the Satellite, but after some research, it was a real HP2 Hemi car. This one happen to have Keith Black goodies in it as well.
I, Tought, I was close enough to get a clear picture. It's a replica [assume] of Cale Yarborough's #21 Mercury Cyclone!
See if anyone else recognizes this spot.
I think that is the same one that used to set under a car port in Shelby as you were coming in to town from the west on 74.

Cut it off level with the ground, drill a few holes in the stump and pour straight roundup or 24D in the hole. Otherwise it’ll keep coming back.
I was actually thinking of dousing it with diesel and setting it on fire. Any idea what kind of tree it is?

I was actually thinking of dousing it with diesel and setting it on fire. Any idea what kind of tree it is?
Not specifically without seeing leaves but there are several clumping trees like that and they all are hell to eradicate. When I clean up rental properties that are let go a while those seem to grow up around structures and under foundations.

I have treated hundreds like I described and it always kills em. I have dug some up and they will often come back because of a missed root.

Back