Random Thoughts.....

With all the technology we have in this world, I just watched a half dozen heavy crane operators check their fuel with sticks.

Side note: these Amazon warehouses are MASSIVE, and yankees suck.

Last edited:
With all the technology we have in this world, I just watched a half dozen heavy crane operators check their fuel with sticks.

I have a fuel gauge on my skidsteer. It shows about 3/4 tank when it dies from low fuel. Trust the stick.

Am i the only one that has to argue with the employees every time i go to the auto parts/ tractor supply. Just to get what i came in for.

Auto parts store, Those 4 lug rotors you pulled arn't going to fit my 5 lug car... its what the computer says... I tell you what if you can get them to fit i'll buy them.
I don't want your fram filter or care that your friends uncles brother says they are the best. give me what i asked for.

Tractor supply, i need 4 rolls of 20k ft baler twine and 4 of 7200.. Brings back 8 of 20k ... this is a better deal its longer. No i need 4 of 7200.. why.. BC the square baler doesn't to tie the 20k. we don't have any in stock... can i take a look... ends up being on the same shelf as the 20k in the back area... Plus they have zero tractor parts anymore, tried to buy disc mower knives tonight. apparently im just noticing thay are more of a clothing and dog food store now. If i wasn't able to use an employee discount i probably would just order online.
But southern states aint much better with the people they have at the register.... idk what that is, never heard of it,,,. the guy loading yea we got a bunch right here, but you have to go back to the register and pay first.,,,, well they don;t know what it is.... so he has to go to the register, lol

So far im impressed with Liberty farm and garden. its just 25 mins away instead of 5 .

I think if someone opened an autoparts / farm and garden store, that employed a few decent people it would make a killing.

Last edited:
Am i the only one that has to argue with the employees every time i go to the auto parts/ tractor supply. Just to get what i came in for.

Auto parts store, Those 4 lug rotors you pulled arn't going to fit my 5 lug car... its what the computer says... I tell you what if you can get them to fit i'll buy them.
I don't want your fram filter or care that your friends uncles brother says they are the best. give me what i asked for.

Tractor supply, i need 4 rolls of 20k ft baler twine and 4 of 7200.. Brings back 8 of 20k ... this is a better deal its longer. No i need 4 of 7200.. why.. BC the square baler doesn't to tie the 20k. we don't have any in stock... can i take a look... ends up being on the same shelf as the 20k in the back area... Plus they have zero tractor parts anymore, tried to buy disc mower knives tonight. apparently im just noticing thay are more of a clothing and dog food store now. If i wasn't able to use an employee discount i probably would just order online.
But southern states aint much better with the people they have at the register.... idk what that is, never heard of it,,,. the guy loading yea we got a bunch right here, but you have to go back to the register and pay first.,,,, well they don;t know what it is.... so he has to go to the register, lol

So far im impressed with Liberty farm and garden. its just 25 mins away instead of 5 .

I think if someone opened an autoparts / farm and garden store, that employed a few decent people it would make a killing.
Agreed...
Rural King is kinda like a combination of Tractor Supply, Northern Tool, Gander Mountain, and a country boot and clothing store. But, unlike Tractor Supply, RK actually sells stuff for tractors and even has their own line of tractors. And unlike Gander Mountain, RK is not way overpriced.

They also sell Stihl, Milwaukee, and other name brand tools. Like @obullfish said, it's my favorite store that I've found. Even my wife and kids love it. They also have some quality kids toys made by Bruder and Melissa&Doug. The Bruder stuff is cheaper at RK than eBay.

Saw this at Tractor Supply this morning.

View attachment 322997 View attachment 322998

That's the closest thing to a tractor that you'll ever see at Tractor Supply.

Meh, Tractor Supply is about as Republican and country as modern day country music. It's turned into a lifestyle theme store with a few artifacts of how it started.

When arguing with a fool, first make sure the other person isn't doing the same thing.

Is there a good way to mow your yard and drink beer at the same time? What's the secret? My beer always gets shook up and hot really fast.
I usually chug one before i start. Mow the front, chug anothern, mow the back, chug anothern, then I have one after I'm done whilst looking at the beauty that is freshly cut crass.

Smithfield (CNC3) or Concord (CNC5)

wait dont answer that its probably a violation of some nda you signed somewhere.

I usually chug one before i start. Mow the front, chug anothern, mow the back, chug anothern, then I have one after I'm done whilst looking at the beauty that is freshly cut crass.
You have a small yard.

Smithfield (CNC3) or Concord (CNC5)

wait dont answer that its probably a violation of some nda you signed somewhere.

Neither. Been up north in CT all last week...

Stay up late and enjoy the moment? Or go to bed early and early to rise the next day? Knowing your time is up at any moment makes that a hard decision in my mind.
I am at a point in learning that certain "moments" bear great consequence on the next opportunity. Hanging out late needs to be high quality because the next day gets burnt recovering rest. I'm no spring chicken anymore. I just wish this old Rooster could get his schedule lined out to crow early consistently.

How many of you remember that awesome smell of a fresh mimeograph or ditto paper with the purple ink on it? Nothing better than being in school back in the 70's and the teacher passing out a test or worksheet. Grabbing that paper and sniffing it. :)
Heck I remember that from the 80s and 90s.

How many of you remember that awesome smell of a fresh mimeograph or ditto paper with the purple ink on it? Nothing better than being in school back in the 70's and the teacher passing out a test or worksheet. Grabbing that paper and sniffing it. :)
We still have that up here man, we’re poor. I took my SAT with that setup.

It spurred my wife pretty good one day. He did not see the sunset. Chased that fawker around with a samurai sword for a while gonna do the highlander thing. That got old so I capped him with a .22mag in the neck.

Turns out, an Ameracauna rooster will fly about 20 ft if you catch it square in the chest with a steel toe boot. Hank charged at munchkin. Once.

Last edited:
I wonder if aliens are still into the butt probing stuff?

Back