Random Thoughts.....

Do you guys in office settings ever think about the by-the-miute cost of a group phone call or meeting, especially given rediculous inflated overhead rates?

I don't when it's something fun, useful, or interesting. But then when it something just stupid that could be solved with 1 well written email.... I'm like, oh yes that minute just cost the taxpayers $15. Oh and there's another. And another.

Do you guys in office settings ever think about the by-the-miute cost of a group phone call or meeting, especially given rediculous inflated overhead rates?

I don't when it's something fun, useful, or interesting. But then when it something just stupid that could be solved with 1 well written email.... I'm like, oh yes that minute just cost the taxpayers $15. Oh and there's another. And another.

I'm no longer office, but yes. I do think about how much it costs for me to sit in a running truck on data for a hour(s) long meeting.

I'm no longer office, but yes. I do think about how much it costs for me to sit in a running truck on data for a hour(s) long meeting.
Sadly I bet thats nothing compared to loaded salary costs.
In this most recently example I spitballed we were burning a minimum $15 a minute.
Thats like "phonecall from an airplane during the 90s" kind of expense.

People often get all upity about wasting supplies and resources, and overlook that people's time is often way more expensive (and precious!).

(hell if I were on this clock this post cost $1.50)

Sadly I bet thats nothing compared to loaded salary costs.
In this most recently example I spitballed we were burning a minimum $15 a minute.
Thats like "phonecall from an airplane during the 90s" kind of expense.

People often get all upity about wasting supplies and resources, and overlook that people's time is often way more expensive (and precious!).

(hell if I were on this clock this post cost $1.50)
We have a standing Monday AM call.
With 8 Reps, 2 factory guys, 3 PEs, a CEO, 3 Board Members, 5 PMs, A Service Manager and a Sales Director.
It lasts an hour.
We've figured out if you annualized everyone on the call's income and broke across an average 40 hour work week and assumed they were hourly paid - That call costs about $2,100 - and we do it every week.
So we light $100k a year on fire and burn it.

We have a standing Monday AM call.
With 8 Reps, 2 factory guys, 3 PEs, a CEO, 3 Board Members, 5 PMs, A Service Manager and a Sales Director.
It lasts an hour.
We've figured out if you annualized everyone on the call's income and broke across an average 40 hour work week and assumed they were hourly paid - That call costs about $2,100 - and we do it every week.
So we light $100k a year on fire and burn it.
It all just depends on the "value" of the meeting. I know in your busienss sometimes you have deals that have many zeroes behind them. Or major company shifts that have even more zeroesin implication. Perhaps having this weekly coordination meeting saved 2 of those or avoided 1 bad move that would have cost well north of $100k.

Or maybe not and it is just a huge waste of money.

Has anyone else noticed the crowd ranting and raving about participation trophies ruining a generation are the same folks scouring the internet and re-sharing tired jokes to get likes on social media?

I mean I guess they earned their likes (copy pasta) the same way johnny earned his tropy by riding in moms car to practcie everyday...

Has anyone else noticed the crowd ranting and raving about participation trophies ruining a generation are the same folks scouring the internet and re-sharing tired jokes to get likes on social media?

I mean I guess they earned their likes (copy pasta) the same way johnny earned his tropy by riding in moms car to practcie everyday...
Haters gonna hate :flipoff2:

So much to unpack in that post. 1) Yeah, F*ck boomers 2) As a millennial, I'll pander for my likes if I want 3) I always found irony in older generations bitching about the generation(s) they raised 4) I'm the greatest generation because I remember what it was like before technology and was raised on it...and remember what it was like towing before diesels were invented in the early 2000's.

Define irony...I have a child that is 5% body fat. I find a significant amount of humor in that.
My youngest is in like the 95th percentile on height and 5th percentile on weight. 👍

Idk how much longer I can hold this poop and we are sitting in traffic...
1620445785463.png

Miranda asked me why I wasn’t answering her questions. I told her it was all my concentration not to shit myself in her car. There were no more questions on the ride home
Questions :kaioken:

My wife can ask 5 a minute. She specializes in this superpower when I'm trying to concentrate on problem solving or typing a smartass reply to @shawn and totally distracts me most of the time...so I delete my reply out of frustration.

I use to have to put a limit on her of 3 questions PERIOD on the kids when they came home from school or she'd piss them off and shut them down.

Say all that to tell you..shit just gets worse with age

Questions :kaioken:

My wife can ask 5 a minute. She specializes in this superpower when I'm trying to concentrate on problem solving or typing a smartass reply to @shawn and totally distracts me most of the time...so I delete my reply out of frustration.

I use to have to put a limit on her of 3 questions PERIOD on the kids when they came home from school or she'd piss them off and shut them down.

Say all that to tell you..shit just gets worse with age
Next time I see her I’m going to question her to death just to see if I can annoy her. 😎

Back