Random Thoughts.....

Two factor authentication, where they send you a txt to a preset # and you need that to login, sounds liek a great idea until you have a day when your phone crashes and get stuck in a boot loop and isn't usable.

Then you suddenly learn how many things you are locked out of due to inflexibility in systems like this.

So I assumed our "electrical" guy new a little sumthin until magic smoke was exposed.
Guess I was wrong. ( conclusion of random thought )

He wants me to take the blame for calling out the high side pairs and then just saying 1,2,3 is left. He was acting unsure so I just read the plate to him. More he didn't have a clue.

He tied 1,2,3 together. And the diagram was right in front of him.

Man can run conduit and pull wire like a boss.....I guess he hasn't done much of the finish side. Uuuuuggghhaaa.
Pic for reference.

View attachment 348785
That's pretty bad. 480v 3ph is the most simple wiring setup ever. I'd much rather wire up those than 220v 1ph any day of the week.

At least with his mistake, the motor should be fine. Just $30 worth of new fuses and rewiring the motor and you're back in business.

That's pretty bad. 480v 3ph is the most simple wiring setup ever. I'd much rather wire up those than 220v 1ph any day of the week.

At least with his mistake, the motor should be fine. Just $30 worth of new fuses and rewiring the motor and you're back in business.
Naw I he had it a bit more screwed up. Hitting go was an instant smoke show. Ohm checks verified its a welded block of scrap inside. Along with another batch of blown fuses in the buss.

Naw I he had it a bit more screwed up. Hitting go was an instant smoke show. Ohm checks verified its a welded block of scrap inside. Along with another batch of blown fuses in the buss.
Last year our transformer at the plant messed up, If I remember right the ground wire coming in from it was broken.

We started burning up drives on our equipment left and right. It got to a point that we had burned so many up trying to stay operational that we couldn't find replacement drives quick enough. Our purchasing guy for maintenance was driving to supply houses all over the state to pick up ones we located.

What did he hook the incoming lines up to?

A wife that will rub your sore knees is worth more than all the tea in China

What did he hook the incoming lines up to?
He tied 123 inside together and one line incoming to each of the other three pairs. Completely fubar.

I have never heard of someone wiring a motor that incorrectly. That's downright impressive.
I was gonna say…I’m not calling the sparky a motherfucker I’m wondered who called the mfer a sparky

Last edited:
So I assumed our "electrical" guy new a little sumthin until magic smoke was exposed.
Guess I was wrong. ( conclusion of random thought )

He wants me to take the blame for calling out the high side pairs and then just saying 1,2,3 is left. He was acting unsure so I just read the plate to him. More he didn't have a clue.

He tied 1,2,3 together. And the diagram was right in front of him.

Man can run conduit and pull wire like a boss.....I guess he hasn't done much of the finish side. Uuuuuggghhaaa.
Pic for reference.

View attachment 348785

Did it actually go boom?
I love it when it does that! Seen that a few times ...... and the resulting repair bill.
Just glad it wasn't my fault.

Where I work now, the (ex) night time maintenance supervisor wired up a BIG motor backwards.
It went boom.

Did it actually go boom?
I love it when it does that! Seen that a few times ...... and the resulting repair bill.
Just glad it wasn't my fault.

Where I work now, the (ex) night time maintenance supervisor wired up a BIG motor backwards.
It went boom.
Lots of bottled smoke.

Something to think about.

Who really owns the world?

1623293841289.png

We just drove 35 miles to catch a swarm 15 feet in the air on a co workers tree. We had a ladder on top of my toolbox and bed.

I think we may have a problem, lol!
Bzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

We just drove 35 miles to catch a swarm 15 feet in the air on a co workers tree. We had a ladder on top of my toolbox and bed.

I think we may have a problem, lol!
Bzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Was the time/effort worth a ~$100. If so, I think it was just a business opportunity.

The Dark Sucker Theory ~~~
For years, it has been believed that electric bulbs emit light, but recent information has proved otherwise. Electric bulbs don't emit light; they suck dark. Thus, we call these bulbs Dark Suckers.

The Dark Sucker Theory and the existence of dark suckers prove that dark has mass and is heavier than light.

First, the basis of the Dark Sucker Theory is that electric bulbs suck dark. For example, take the Dark Sucker in the room you are in. There is much less dark right next to it than there is elsewhere. The larger the Dark Sucker, the greater its capacity to suck dark. Dark Suckers in the parking lot have a much greater capacity to suck dark than the ones in this room.

As with all things, Dark Suckers don't last forever. Once they are full of dark, they can no longer suck. This is proven by the dark spot on a full Dark Sucker.

A candle is a primitive Dark Sucker. A new candle has a white wick. You can see that after the first use, the wick turns black, representing all the dark that has been sucked into it. If you put a pencil next to the wick of an operating candle, it will turn black. This is because it got in the way of the dark flowing into the candle. One of the disadvantages of these primitive Dark Suckers is their limited range.

There are also portable Dark Suckers. In these, the bulbs can't handle all the dark by themselves and must be aided by a Dark Storage Unit. When the Dark Storage Unit is full, it must be either emptied or replaced before the portable Dark Sucker can operate again.

Dark has mass. When dark goes into a Dark Sucker, friction from the mass generates heat. Thus, it is not wise to touch an operating Dark Sucker. Candles present a special problem as the mass must travel into a solid wick instead of through clear glass. This generates a great amount of heat and therefore it's not wise to touch an operating candle.

Also, dark is heavier than light. If you were to swim just below the surface of the lake, you would see a lot of light. If you were to slowly swim deeper and deeper, you would notice it getting darker and darker. When you get really deep, you would be in total darkness. This is because the heavier dark sinks to the bottom of the lake and the lighter light floats at the top. That is why it is called light.

Finally, we must prove that dark is faster than light. If you were to stand in a lit room in front of a closed, dark closet, and slowly opened the closet door, you would see the light slowly enter the closet. But since dark is so fast, you would not be able to see the dark leave the closet.

Next time you see an electric bulb, remember that it is a Dark Sucker.

Was the time/effort worth a ~$100. If so, I think it was just a business opportunity.
Plus entertainment for all involved! The home owners where intrigued and scared all the same.

The Dark Sucker Theory ~~~
For years, it has been believed that electric bulbs emit light, but recent information has proved otherwise. Electric bulbs don't emit light; they suck dark. Thus, we call these bulbs Dark Suckers.

The Dark Sucker Theory and the existence of dark suckers prove that dark has mass and is heavier than light.

First, the basis of the Dark Sucker Theory is that electric bulbs suck dark. For example, take the Dark Sucker in the room you are in. There is much less dark right next to it than there is elsewhere. The larger the Dark Sucker, the greater its capacity to suck dark. Dark Suckers in the parking lot have a much greater capacity to suck dark than the ones in this room.

As with all things, Dark Suckers don't last forever. Once they are full of dark, they can no longer suck. This is proven by the dark spot on a full Dark Sucker.

A candle is a primitive Dark Sucker. A new candle has a white wick. You can see that after the first use, the wick turns black, representing all the dark that has been sucked into it. If you put a pencil next to the wick of an operating candle, it will turn black. This is because it got in the way of the dark flowing into the candle. One of the disadvantages of these primitive Dark Suckers is their limited range.

There are also portable Dark Suckers. In these, the bulbs can't handle all the dark by themselves and must be aided by a Dark Storage Unit. When the Dark Storage Unit is full, it must be either emptied or replaced before the portable Dark Sucker can operate again.

Dark has mass. When dark goes into a Dark Sucker, friction from the mass generates heat. Thus, it is not wise to touch an operating Dark Sucker. Candles present a special problem as the mass must travel into a solid wick instead of through clear glass. This generates a great amount of heat and therefore it's not wise to touch an operating candle.

Also, dark is heavier than light. If you were to swim just below the surface of the lake, you would see a lot of light. If you were to slowly swim deeper and deeper, you would notice it getting darker and darker. When you get really deep, you would be in total darkness. This is because the heavier dark sinks to the bottom of the lake and the lighter light floats at the top. That is why it is called light.

Finally, we must prove that dark is faster than light. If you were to stand in a lit room in front of a closed, dark closet, and slowly opened the closet door, you would see the light slowly enter the closet. But since dark is so fast, you would not be able to see the dark leave the closet.

Next time you see an electric bulb, remember that it is a Dark Sucker.
I mean you just explained refrigeration/hvac essntially
@CasterTroy

Why do car dealers (yes, I know this could cover a lot of things) put "recent arrival" in ads? Isn't that obvious? Or do most of them say "Hey Jimmy, let's have this one sit a few months, then we will put the ad up." ?

Why do car dealers (yes, I know this could cover a lot of things) put "recent arrival" in ads? Isn't that obvious? Or do most of them say "Hey Jimmy, let's have this one sit a few months, then we will put the ad up." ?
Clearly they mean, "y'all might wanna hurry up and buy this thing before someone sits in it and pees in the seat".

Hearing your teenage daughter's friends talk about "dilfs" is a little disturbing. Right in front of me like I dont know wtf you're saying lol. No it wasn't directed at me thankfully.
I love how kids think we're stupid and clueless. Like we weren't there once too... or still kids at heart.
And now that I'm in this position, I wonder how much my parents had this exact same conversation among their buddies.

Back