Random Thoughts.....

And just like that...the labor shortage is over in NC because employee productivity is up 1000%

1622813562866.png

Sitting at the boat ramp right after I got my boat in my buddy backs his in, pulls it to the ramp and goes to park his truck. A couple minutes go by and his bilge starts running. Then I see him come running down the ramp with a wrench in his hand… he left the plug out
Done it myself

Done it myself
So have I that’s why I was laughing so hard. When my dad had an inboard he had it, “made ready” for summer. They left BOTH water intakes for the motor off so we had 2 4” lines pumping water into the boat as fast as it could but once motor was off they stopped it took 20 minutes to figure out what was causing the leak

Just for gits and shiggles, tested my blood pressure. 123/70.
Wtf does that mean?

… he left the plug out

I can honestly say I have never (yet) done that. But I did sit at the ramp one time for over a half hour trying to figure out why the motor wouldn't start. Just when I was calling it quits, I figured out that lanyard hanging off the keychain, that I've used hundreds of times before, ought to be plugged in (the kill switch).

I can honestly say I have never (yet) done that. But I did sit at the ramp one time for over a half hour trying to figure out why the motor wouldn't start. Just when I was calling it quits, I figured out that lanyard hanging off the keychain, that I've used hundreds of times before, ought to be plugged in (the kill switch).
That I have done lol

No kidding.
You take meds?

I take 25/12 olmesartan/HCL and mine is usually 115-120 over 60-70. I could probably get off the meds now but when I started mine at times was around 170/85-90.

My buddy Brandon is a Practitioner and has helped me a lot with it all. Without all the gory details… I had a heat stroke about 3 years ago and have had 3 other heat related “events”. Chronically dehydrated from running my business had me really messed up. I sweat such that it is impossible to replenish my fluids by drinking. I have to take time to recover from working in heat now and once you have HS you never regain full ability to cope with the heat.

ive done that as well. dads boat has a toggle switch that had to be switched up after the lanyard was put in. i put the lanyard in and didnt flip the switch up.

You take meds?

I take 25/12 olmesartan/HCL and mine is usually 115-120 over 60-70. I could probably get off the meds now but when I started mine at times was around 170/85-90.

My buddy Brandon is a Practitioner and has helped me a lot with it all. Without all the gory details… I had a heat stroke about 3 years ago and have had 3 other heat related “events”. Chronically dehydrated from running my business had me really messed up. I sweat such that it is impossible to replenish my fluids by drinking. I have to take time to recover from working in heat now and once you have HS you never regain full ability to cope with the heat.
Nah no meds. I hover 130s/high 80s. I don't personally consider it horrible with my caffeine intake and the fact I'm always noshing on nicotine lozenges. When this last extra 20lbs is gone it'll fix itself anyways. As for your heat related syncopal episodes, I get that. My wife is super prone to it. Her last episode was her passing out while doing CPR at work. That was a nice phone call for me to take at 0100. Her boss was freaking out but I'd seen it enough times to not stress too bad. The good that is coming from it is we are working to take better care of ourselves, lose the rona lbs, get more active and stay better hydrated.

ive done that as well. dads boat has a toggle switch that had to be switched up after the lanyard was put in. i put the lanyard in and didnt flip the switch up.
The one time has taught me to do a test fire at home as my "at home pre launch" checklist. Also part of that checklist is setting my damn radio channels again since I use the battery cut-off after every lake day.

The one time has taught me to do a test fire at home as my "at home pre launch" checklist. Also part of that checklist is setting my damn radio channels again since I use the battery cut-off after every lake day.
i cant tell you how many times ive broke my extension cord forgetting to unhook the battery tender. Even after i trip over the cord. it also usually happens when im trying to get on the water before daylight and its 4am and im half asleep

Chronically dehydrated from running my business had me really messed up. I sweat such that it is impossible to replenish my fluids by drinking. I have to take time to recover from working in heat now and once you have HS you never regain full ability to cope with the heat.
So what if anything do you do speacial?

So what if anything do you do speacial?
I have to stay VERY conscious of what’s going on with my body in the heat. I am just about the workinist fool you ever saw and in the past I ignored signs and pushed…until one day I dropped.

I remember being really confused. I didn’t know where I was. I knew that I was on a job but nothing made sense. I stumbled to my truck and fell by the door. I remember laying on the grass wanting to sleep. I forced myself up and crawled inside and turned on the AC. I hit the speed dial on my radio for my sister and I don’t remember anything else for a while.

She found me and I woke up in the hospital. She said I mumbled and slurred words but finally said the street and she knew the area I was in because it was only 5 minutes from her house and we had talked that morning. I am VERY lucky she was the last person I had dialed and was on the top of the phone numbers

My BP was like 80/50 when they picked me up. I was almost bone dry from several consecutive days of hard work in the heat.

The next time I passed out in my kitchen after getting home and making it inside. Luckily my wife was home. More IV fluids…

2 other times, once in the field and I drove myself to Clayton EMS with my practitioner buddy on the phone with me and EMS. They came out and scooped me up. Another time up here at the new place getting old barbed wire out of the woods. That time I recognized the signs and drove the ATV back to the house and layed on the couch about 12 hours, I was up here alone.

I have to drink pedialyte when I am sweating at all. I take several electrolytes by mouth and I have to pace myself. The first symptom is tingling on my scalp. I have trained myself that no matter what I’m doing and how close to finishing, go inside if I feel it.

I am on the couch currently because I felt it come on when I was finishing up in the shop this morning. My shirt was soaked and my vision went white when I was walking to the house.

Sucks because I love to work outside, but I don’t want to die that way.

My shirt was soaked and my vision went white
First time this happened to me I though the sun had burned my eyes or something. I was wigged out pretty bad. But did the same...went inside and cooled down. Then...after 10 or 12 times of that happening I brought it up to my eye Dr and he said I needed to stop working in the sun so hard...take more breaks and drink more water.

It sucks to have SO MUCH to do outside, and really 2 days a week to do it in...especially may-october

First time this happened to me I though the sun had burned my eyes or something. I was wigged out pretty bad. But did the same...went inside and cooled down. Then...after 10 or 12 times of that happening I brought it up to my eye Dr and he said I needed to stop working in the sun so hard...take more breaks and drink more water.

It sucks to have SO MUCH to do outside, and really 2 days a week to do it in...especially may-october
Hire a neon and relax.

So I assumed our "electrical" guy new a little sumthin until magic smoke was exposed.
Guess I was wrong. ( conclusion of random thought )

He wants me to take the blame for calling out the high side pairs and then just saying 1,2,3 is left. He was acting unsure so I just read the plate to him. More he didn't have a clue.

He tied 1,2,3 together. And the diagram was right in front of him.

Man can run conduit and pull wire like a boss.....I guess he hasn't done much of the finish side. Uuuuuggghhaaa.
Pic for reference.

Screenshot_2021-06-07-18-35-29.png

So I assumed our "electrical" guy new a little sumthin until magic smoke was exposed.

He wants me to take the blame for calling out the high side pairs and then just saying 1,2,3 is left. He was acting unsure so I just read the plate to him. More he didn't have a clue.

Man can run conduit and pull wire like a boss.....I guess he hasn't done much of the finish side. Uuuuuggghhaaa.
Pic for reference.

View attachment 348785
Sounds like he was a helper and not an electrician.

Pic for reference.

View attachment 348785
That sucks. Pretty self explanatory.

Back