Random Thoughts.....

I've been alot happier this past week. Not sure why, don't know if all this praying I am doing is coming forth. Wife and I have been on in our yard just completely redoing it and it feels good. I think its the one place we both can be where our minds are distracted.

I've been alot happier this past week. Not sure why, don't know if all this praying I am doing is coming forth. Wife and I have been on in our yard just completely redoing it and it feels good. I think its the one place we both can be where our minds are distracted.
Dirt actually has compounds in it known to help regulate stuff that effects your well being.....read helps with depression.

Dirt actually has compounds in it known to help regulate stuff that effects your well being.....read helps with depression.
It's more likely the physical exercise. Endorphins and blood flow hta direct effect on mood.

It's more likely the physical exercise. Endorphins and blood flow hta direct effect on mood.

Getting down and dirty is the best ‘upper’ – Serotonin​

Getting your hands dirty in the garden can increase your serotonin levels – contact with soil and a specific soil bacteria, Mycobacterium vaccae, triggers the release of serotonin in our brain according to research. Serotonin is a happy chemical, a natural anti-depressant and strengthens the immune system. Lack of serotonin in the brain causes depression.

Reading "Tenth Legion", and this thought really struck me. It's why I'm able to enjoy a hunt, without ever raising my weapon.

"Make no mistake but that the purpose in hunting turkeys is to kill some, not to worship nature. Hill country turkeys, though, have the principal added advantage in that they live in such delightful places that simply being able to visit their ground is a pleasure."

Reading "Tenth Legion", and this thought really struck me. It's why I'm able to enjoy a hunt, without ever raising my weapon.

"Make no mistake but that the purpose in hunting turkeys is to kill some, not to worship nature. Hill country turkeys, though, have the principal added advantage in that they live in such delightful places that simply being able to visit their ground is a pleasure."
If you enjoy tenth legion - gotta read ‘A sand County Almanac’

If you enjoy tenth legion - gotta read ‘A sand County Almanac’
Tenth legion has been a good read, so I'll add that one to the list.

Traveling I81 is just one dumbass after another in continuum.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn’t matter whether you’re the lion or the gazelle – when the sun comes up, you’d better be running."

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn’t matter whether you’re the lion or the gazelle – when the sun comes up, you’d better be running."
The gazelle really only has to outrun his slowest friend.

Thank God for bullets I hate running. Yep that pretty much sums up modern man vs.....well damn near everything except himself.

When you work with just a few people.. and numerous times you find the toilet paper roll dead empty….. I mean is some one walking around without cleaning their ass or was it just the perfect amount?!?
Or, given the amount of tp on a roll and the small amount of users, how much asswipe do they use at a time??!! (Normal work situation for me).

When you work with just a few people.. and numerous times you find the toilet paper roll dead empty….. I mean is some one walking around without cleaning their ass or was it just the perfect amount?!?
Better than the situation at my office/shop. Not uncommon to walk in and find shit shot across the seat and up the tank. How tf do you pull that off?

Better than the situation at my office/shop. Not uncommon to walk in and find shit shot across the seat and up the tank. How tf do you pull that off?
Hover spray mode. Have many Hispanic co-workers?

Hover spray mode. Have many Hispanic co-workers?

I work for a steel company and our office is shared with the fab shop. Got plenty of them.

most job site crappers are cleaner. Drives me up the wall. I will often walk to our main office to take a dump or drive to the store. It's truly pitiful sometimes.

Being smart means you know a lot about something.
Being wise means you know when somebody else knows more and you should listen to them instead.

I looked at a couple of the apps but I found these;

They seem like what I'm looking for.
Wanted to give an update to this. Got a pair of these and have been using them for a while. Game changer while riding mtb. Its really nice to be able to have a conversation with each other easily while riding. Range is a little more than line of sight but not much. When I hear the wife start getting digital I just slow down a little till she's back and carry on.

We have become incredibly spoiled with streaming services. Im old enough to remember racing back and jumping over the couch to get back just as the show was starting back after 5 minutes of commercials. Now, I cuss if they throw in a 90 second ad during the show Im streaming.

When I hear the wife start getting digital I just slow down a little till she's back and carry on.
To me thats the sign to pedal a little faster :D

Rash from Virginia Creeper ain't no joke. only been a week and I probably have another week to go...
At first I thought you were talking about saddle sore from riding a bike on the Virginia Creeper trail...:laughing:

I also get affected by Virginia Creeper similar to poison ivy, but maybe worse. I've had plenty of people tell me that Virginia Creeper doesn't cause a rash or allergic reaction, but I've had plenty of actual rashes to prove otherwise. And it sucks.

At first I thought you were talking about saddle sore from riding a bike on the Virginia Creeper trail...:laughing:

I also get affected by Virginia Creeper similar to poison ivy, but maybe worse. I've had plenty of people tell me that Virginia Creeper doesn't cause a rash or allergic reaction, but I've had plenty of actual rashes to prove otherwise. And it sucks.
Its horrible. I thought it would maybe last a week or so. The itching is gone, but the weeping blisters are still going strong. My brother had it about a year ago and said his lasted about a month.

and correct me if im wrong, but I think I read that Virginia Creeper ( is it considered poison sumac?) rash is less common but worse than poison ivy and oak?

Back