Random Thoughts.....

I have found the cure for the Anheuser-Busch gay gene! It’s just a bit of “man”ual labor. Cures what Ales you!
image.jpg

There are literally HUNDREDS of beers that are miles better than Busch Heavy. Some that are even cheaper.
And? Im sure you’re going to inform me of which beer I should be drinking to appease your train of thought?

Edit: to add to the above, I enjoy all sorts of beer. I’m not a liquor drinker as it just doesn’t agree with me. I have different categories of beer though. Dinner out I get something on tap to go with what I’m eating. Brewery or tap house I’ll run the gamut. Around the house doing projects is usually just cheap DLC (domestic, light, and cold).

Last edited:
So we recently built a small raised vegetable garden, but the problem is, nowhere in our back yard except for a huge hill on the side of the house which is already filled up with stuff gets more than a couple of hours of sun... So the place that we chose gets about 4 hours of sunlight everyday and I had a thought of trying to build a light bar and add some grow lights with a timer that come on at night for a couple of hours, but I have no idea if that would even work the way I am thinking and if it does, trying to figure out the best way to build that part. My idea basically is thinking of it like a handle for the raised garden bed and have an overhead mounting point to put the lights on...

So we recently built a small raised vegetable garden, but the problem is, nowhere in our back yard except for a huge hill on the side of the house which is already filled up with stuff gets more than a couple of hours of sun... So the place that we chose gets about 4 hours of sunlight everyday and I had a thought of trying to build a light bar and add some grow lights with a timer that come on at night for a couple of hours, but I have no idea if that would even work the way I am thinking and if it does, trying to figure out the best way to build that part. My idea basically is thinking of it like a handle for the raised garden bed and have an overhead mounting point to put the lights on...
What about the front yard? No disc's on the south side of your house?

What about the front yard? No disc's on the south side of your house?
Our front yard is pretty much filled in as well without putting the garden smack dab in the middle and even then, the surrounding trees probably wouldn't allow that much more sunlight than we get in the back. The sun really hits the side of the house, but for that reason alone, is why everything we've planted has been on the side of the house and its all stuff that's going to stay.
I really like the location that the garden is at now. Easy to get to, its level, but just doesn't get enough sunlight so I even wonder if I build a setup that could be raised and lowered depending on the height of the plants would even work?

Just trying to think of how it could be constructed in a way that is Aesthetically pleasing but also be functional throughout the growing process.

Trim some branches and/or cut down some trees to allow more hours of sun. I've always heard you need 6+ hours.

Is it too late to plant a garden this year? If not, what is still plantable?

Trim some branches and/or cut down some trees to allow more hours of sun. I've always heard you need 6+ hours.
Id rather tear down what we have or pull all the plants out and plant other things that need only part sun then go through that trouble. We would have to trim most of the top branches off of a very old water oak that I have no interest in doing or paying someone to do.

I really hate the current mentality that all of society should GAF about some random persons opinion. People are being paid money now just to post their opinions on things. And that just blows my mind.

PS: I realize the irony of this reply. But I honestly don't expect anyone to truly GAF about it. And thus, I won't go into a spiral of depression, nor delete the reply if it doesn't receive what I believe to be sufficient "Likes", nor will I delete it and repost it for more traction/likes :laughing:

I really hate the current mentality that all of society should GAF about some random persons opinion. People are being paid money now just to post their opinions on things. And that just blows my mind.

PS: I realize the irony of this reply. But I honestly don't expect anyone to truly GAF about it. And thus, I won't go into a spiral of depression, nor delete the reply if it doesn't receive what I believe to be sufficient "Likes", nor will I delete it and repost it for more traction/likes :laughing:
I was totally confused for a second, as I thought we were in the gardening thread. I totally agree with your post, and it makes alot more sense now that I know where I am.

I don't plant anything but potatoes before mothers day but I'm higher elevation than you
I am lower, but still live by this rule. We've gotten too many cold days in April over the last few years.

Potatoes, onion, garlic, and greens are what most people have in the ground around here. Soil temps arent high enough for tomatoes, peppers, etc to start taking off without a green house.

I am lower, but still live by this rule. We've gotten too many cold days in April over the last few years.

Potatoes, onion, garlic, and greens are what most people have in the ground around here. Soil temps arent high enough for tomatoes, peppers, etc to start taking off without a green house.
#globalwarming

We lost all our early blueberries already this year

In my dog's mind, he has a 100% success rate of protecting us and running off the Amazon / FedEx delivery guy.
When he sees that truck he knows that guy is gonna try and come to the house - but he can stop him! Yes!
Sometime it takes a little more - longer - barking than normal, but if he barks and snarls and yelps enough... that guy is going to go away! He may even get aaaaallll the way up to the house... but they have never stayed!

[this success of course only reinforces said barking, so it will always happen again]

^^^
Mine recognize the sound of the truck coming down the road towards the house. They start barking before he even gets to the driveway.
Whats pretty amazing is it's literally only delivery trucks. Any Amazon, FedEx, UPS, or mail truck can be just rounding the corner to the street and he starts up. Any other car and nothing - unless they pull into our driveway.

Oh or my wife's car, he knows shes in the neighborhood before I do

Back