Random Thoughts.....

This. The "cost" of manufacturing a jet is kind of negligible compared to everything involved in getting to the point of making the first one. Our R&D and subsequent testing & QA process is out of control.

Across my time at BE Aerospace, Precision Castparts and Nucor, my ITAR contracts, were obscene. I’d bet I spent $1000 on R&D work for every $1 of contract production. And the same work could have been done for $50:$1.

Just FYI anyone that wears Duluth pants through TSA your gonna get a pat down. The pockets are thick enough to setoff the alarms
I always opt for the free massage anyway. It's much more degrading for the tsa agents

Ha. This is random.... just noticed that I can't post in the 'interesting news' thread.
it seems that some loser neckbeard 'forum moderator' has gotten drunk off their power. who are they trying to impress? trying to protect?
if you/we can't discuss 'interesting news' about issues that are making the area we live in less safe, less secure, and less pleasant.....then nothing will get better. why does no one want/act to make it better?
I've always wondered how Biden was elected, why no one fights back against constant tax increases, why we actively encourage policies that make the USA a less safe place to live.....now I know. The masses are scared to say anything outloud and are scared of being shouted down...or 'banned'
can't take it, huh?

Ha. This is random.... just noticed that I can't post in the 'interesting news' thread.
it seems that some loser neckbeard 'forum moderator' has gotten drunk off their power. who are they trying to impress? trying to protect?
if you/we can't discuss 'interesting news' about issues that are making the area we live in less safe, less secure, and less pleasant.....then nothing will get better. why does no one want/act to make it better?
I've always wondered how Biden was elected, why no one fights back against constant tax increases, why we actively encourage policies that make the USA a less safe place to live.....now I know. The masses are scared to say anything outloud and are scared of being shouted down...or 'banned'
can't take it, huh?
FYI - looking at the mod panel you and @RatLabGuy were both given a 7 day penalty box cool down.
And not by me. (I add that clarification because you and I have argued plenty. I will never moderate someone for what they say to me)

FYI - looking at the mod panel you and @RatLabGuy were both given a 7 day penalty box cool down.
And not by me. (I add that clarification because you and I have argued plenty. I will never moderate someone for what they say to me)
I'll admit deserving it.
can't take it, huh?
Here's a random thought.
The site has rules for dialog that is in the open public.
But imagine if there actually was a space for completely open dialog about anything a user wanted, and a person that uses this site a lot could simultaneously stop being a freeloader AND get access. Wouldn't that be a great solution?

Last edited:
Woke up this morning to hazy air degrading my quality of life.
That damn liberal Canadian smoke needs to stay on its side of the border.
Need a bigger wall!

When you’re working on a truck for someone and they complain about the condition of the vehicle that a dealer sold them a year ago…. Yet they have yet to change the oil in 18k miles. Better yet it’s a eco boost turbo truck. Definitely needs oil changes since he’s snatching a camper around with it.

And on today's episode of "things I never knew I needed but now I do." - @jeepinmatt you have one of these yet?

And on today's episode of "things I never knew I needed but now I do." - @jeepinmatt you have one of these yet?
This is a fantastic and terrible idea all at the same time.

Why AI doesn't scare me yet...I've been getting Elvie breast pump ads on Facebook for the past week or two. I assume this is because the sister in law was breastfeeding their newborn and her and my wife were talking about it a bit while we were at the beach 2-3 weeks ago. But according to Facebook...
Screenshot_20230625-221132_Chrome.jpg

Guy in front of me at the gas station just asked for $2.00 on the pump. Gas is like $3.09 a gallon for cash. Trying to wrap my head around it.
I'm sorry you had to go in the gas station.

Guy in front of me at the gas station just asked for $2.00 on the pump. Gas is like $3.09 a gallon for cash. Trying to wrap my head around it.

He's getting enough to pull forward to the next pump.

Why AI doesn't scare me yet...I've been getting Elvie breast pump ads on Facebook for the past week or two. I assume this is because the sister in law was breastfeeding their newborn and her and my wife were talking about it a bit while we were at the beach 2-3 weeks ago. But according to Facebook...
View attachment 399584

My wife thinks it's hilarious that I've been getting ads for womens underwear for the last 3 years on FB.

You sell X amount of gas in 7 days at modest profit.
You sell XXXX amount in 8 hrs at reduced profit and pay 6 days less in operations.
Brilliant

Patriotic SUCKERS

You sell X amount of gas in 7 days at modest profit.
You sell XXXX amount in 8 hrs at reduced profit and pay 6 days less in operations.
Brilliant

Patriotic SUCKERS
Meh. I filled up for about half price. Worth the 10 minutes it took.

Back