Random Thoughts.....

Apparently quovid ‘23 has a new hot rollout plan through the end of the year. Wondering if we’ll get to see a side of aunt tifa again. I really have missed that. Convenient timing though like wanting to with the misses when Aunt Flo shows up. 🤦🏼‍♂️

I grew up way out in Caldwell County. Lenoir was our nearest "city". My wife used to complain that the entire town closed at 9pm. She said even the stop lights close at 11pm! lol

They still do in yadkinville. Don't start working until 5 or 6 am.

Apparently quovid ‘23 has a new hot rollout plan through the end of the year. Wondering if we’ll get to see a side of aunt tifa again. I really have missed that. Convenient timing though like wanting to with the misses when Aunt Flo shows up. 🤦🏼‍♂️
its funny how the timing of all of that worked out.... and also seemed to align with .gov appointments too.

So I messed up, rebuilding this trailer I knew I needed to do brakes I’ve found it’s best to just buy loaded backing plates and given the fact that I have no history, and no place local to turn the drums (seems like a lost art anymore). I wanted to just replace everything for peace of mind. I went to the interwebz and found a company out of Florida that sold an entire trailer brake package through Amazon for a very reasonable price delivered to my door free shipping. Went with what I knew. 6lug, 3” tube axles all pointed to 5,200lbs axles and therefore 12”x2 brake setups. Continued to tear the trailer apart while the parts were on the way so I wasn’t waiting on stuff to show up. As I tore into the trailer I quickly realized they were 10”x 2.25. Biggest issue is the mount flange for the 12” is 5 bolts and I needed 4 bolt holes. Well shit! Requested a return through Amazon and it came within 5 mins and just drop them off at the closest UPS. COOL! Showed up this morning and the guy says I can’t ship those the Amazon QR code only shows one shipping labels. I says, “and?” Well, the 1order came in 4 boxes and 1 label won’t work. Drive home. Tried calling Amazon, computer generated waste of my time. Googled the 3rd party seller found a phone number and an actual human answers speaking clear and understandable English. I explained the situation totally owning the fact it was my fault. He says no worries it happens and in my situation he fully understood the 3”tubes w/ 6 lung wheels I should have been right on but don’t worry I gotchu. While I’m on the phone he generated the 4 return labels and they were in my email no issues free shipping. Loaded up and back to town to the drop off site and they are on their way back to florida. Dude even got me lined up with the stuff I need and it will be on the way to me Monday for a direct exchange no money out of pocket before the other stuff even gets back to them. Damn I wish more companies were this upfront and would work with you (even with it being my fault!).

So I messed up, rebuilding this trailer I knew I needed to do brakes I’ve found it’s best to just buy loaded backing plates and given the fact that I have no history, and no place local to turn the drums (seems like a lost art anymore). I wanted to just replace everything for peace of mind. I went to the interwebz and found a company out of Florida that sold an entire trailer brake package through Amazon for a very reasonable price delivered to my door free shipping. Went with what I knew. 6lug, 3” tube axles all pointed to 5,200lbs axles and therefore 12”x2 brake setups. Continued to tear the trailer apart while the parts were on the way so I wasn’t waiting on stuff to show up. As I tore into the trailer I quickly realized they were 10”x 2.25. Biggest issue is the mount flange for the 12” is 5 bolts and I needed 4 bolt holes. Well shit! Requested a return through Amazon and it came within 5 mins and just drop them off at the closest UPS. COOL! Showed up this morning and the guy says I can’t ship those the Amazon QR code only shows one shipping labels. I says, “and?” Well, the 1order came in 4 boxes and 1 label won’t work. Drive home. Tried calling Amazon, computer generated waste of my time. Googled the 3rd party seller found a phone number and an actual human answers speaking clear and understandable English. I explained the situation totally owning the fact it was my fault. He says no worries it happens and in my situation he fully understood the 3”tubes w/ 6 lung wheels I should have been right on but don’t worry I gotchu. While I’m on the phone he generated the 4 return labels and they were in my email no issues free shipping. Loaded up and back to town to the drop off site and they are on their way back to florida. Dude even got me lined up with the stuff I need and it will be on the way to me Monday for a direct exchange no money out of pocket before the other stuff even gets back to them. Damn I wish more companies were this upfront and would work with you (even with it being my fault!).
I just found a new trailer parts supplir and I bet @UTfball68 could use some customer service like that too.

Share the 411

I've had a technician from Germany working with me this past week and after hearing his accent for so long, I keep reading memes in my head with a German accent. I've been finding myself saying stuff to him in Spanglish since Spanish is the only other language I sort of know. Languages are trippy

I've had a technician from Germany working with me this past week and after hearing his accent for so long, I keep reading memes in my head with a German accent. I've been finding myself saying stuff to him in Spanglish since Spanish is the only other language I sort of know. Languages are trippy
I had to learn French when I was in the military. It was a 4 month crash course, 8 hours a day to get you speaking “proficiently”. After about a month I would dream in French. It was weird. I could speak it and understand it asleep, but it would leave me in class. Odd

I had to learn French when I was in the military. It was a 4 month crash course, 8 hours a day to get you speaking “proficiently”. After about a month I would dream in French. It was weird. I could speak it and understand it asleep, but it would leave me in class. Odd
Dang, you got it. My Spanish teacher in highschool said you really were getting it when you dreamed in the other language

wtf Kia.

TIL the front door speakers are riveted into place in the door sheet metal. Not screws or push tabs or press-clips any number of cheap-ass fasteners common in the auto industry. Rvets.
So in order to reach into the door to fix a window that has popped off the track (or heaven forbid, replace a blown speaker), you have to drill out the rivets, remove the speakers, then drill/press/hammer/punch/cuss out the back end. Then pray you didn't make the sheet metal holes too un-round and go find some matching screws or a proper fastener (FYI, 1/4-20 tapers bolts fit, except the wallered out one) and that future-self wil lappreciate this next time.

I just don't understand this decision. Everything else in the door uses a normal removable festener.

wtf Kia.

TIL the front door speakers are riveted into place in the door sheet metal. Not screws or push tabs or press-clips any number of cheap-ass fasteners common in the auto industry. Rvets.
So in order to reach into the door to fix a window that has popped off the track (or heaven forbid, replace a blown speaker), you have to drill out the rivets, remove the speakers, then drill/press/hammer/punch/cuss out the back end. Then pray you didn't make the sheet metal holes too un-round and go find some matching screws or a proper fastener (FYI, 1/4-20 tapers bolts fit, except the wallered out one) and that future-self wil lappreciate this next time.

I just don't understand this decision. Everything else in the door uses a normal removable festener.
Rivets don’t rattle loose when dat bass hits.

RDT_20230828_1504486365669033432034226.png

I do not like the google maps color scheme. i really do not care about "green areas." Just make it a map that is easy to see the roads please.
Why TF do they have to change things that already work.

I do not like the google maps color scheme. i really do not care about "green areas." Just make it a map that is easy to see the roads please.
Why TF do they have to change things that already work.

Some overpaid, barely needed programmer justifying his existence.

These young girls showing their hootus on O.F. for $6 don't realize that, several years down the road, after that Arby's sammich can no longer bring in $$.... when they decide to have kids... Those kids will start middle school (the most horrifying time in a kids life) with other kids that have the potential to have thousands of pictures of this kids mom naked

I can't fathom other kids having that ammo in middle school.

Also kids will probably be so desensitized to it, it won’t phase them
I would think that even as commonplace as it now seems, having pictures of your moms snatch thrown back in your face is still going to be upsetting

I would think that even as commonplace as it now seems, having pictures of your moms snatch thrown back in your face is still going to be upsetting
Taunter yells “Go back to where you came from!” and holds up pic of tauntees mom spreadeagle…:huggy:

Meanwhile, the smart boys are gonna keep their yap shut and befriend OF daughter with the hopes that mom's moral fluidity runs in the family.

Today's lunchtime discussion was whether leaving the refrigerator door wide open in a sealed room would make the room net colder or hotter, and why.
What a fun home to live in.

Oh and the answer is hotter.

Back