Random Thoughts.....

I've found something that's almost as good, and that's pulling out my handy Streamlight so I can actually see the detail. My eyes are still great, but I always seem to be looking at dark pictures in dimly lit rooms, and the extra bit of light really helps.
I've found I pull the flashlight out quite a bit anymore. I can see fine with there's light, but its hard to see detail in low light situations. All the old guys at work laugh and say that's how it starts.

There were a lot less stupid people doing stupid things back when police officers carried billy clubs.

Just sayin'....

That’s racist

Stupidity is universal. It has no racial, socio-economic, age, or religious bounds.

And, billy clubs reach out to everyone equally....

billyclub.jpg

After my recent experience at the dermatologist, I have been looking for a new provider.

This was on the website of one that I looked at.... (names redacted). I think somebody(s) got a restraining order.

Dr. XXXXXXXX does not see children under 5 years old.
Dr. XXXXXXXX does not see patients with groin rashes.
XXXXXX XXXXX, CRNP cannot see children under 16 years old.

Wondering if your recent experience wasn’t so recent and you have something to do with the reason that doc can’t see kids under 16.

The one doc that I saw back then has been in the ground over 20 years now.

I decided today that I must look like a sad, depressed, lonely old man.

Stopped in a mexican joint for lunch. Waited and waited for my check, and when I flagged down the waitress and asked, was told that somebody had covered it. The bad part is, that I have been eating out alone a lot lately (different schedules, on the road a lot, etc) and this happens about twice a month, both around home (where I grew up and know a lot of folks), and out of town (In Raleigh just last week).

Or homeless. Maybe I should trim the beard now.

Stopped in a mexican joint for lunch. Waited and waited for my check, and when I flagged down the waitress and asked, was told that somebody had covered it. The bad part is, that I have been eating out alone a lot lately (different schedules, on the road a lot, etc) and this happens about twice a month, both around home (where I grew up and know a lot of folks), and out of town (In Raleigh just last week).

Dude just keep rockin' on.
Take the $$ saved and do the same for some other random guy that also looks like he needs it. Then you can know that some similar conversation is happening on NCCorvettes or whatever.

Dude just keep rockin' on.
Take the $$ saved and do the same for some other random guy that also looks like he needs it. Then you can know that some similar conversation is happening on NCCorvettes or whatever.

That's exactly what I do. Hopefully help out somebody's day that really needs it.

That's exactly what I do. Hopefully help out somebody's day that really needs it.
So the question is are you any better at stereotypes and presumptions than whoever is buying yours?

Funny you mention this, it relates to my thoughts today. People always stop or come up and talk to me. Now yes I'm doing landscaping and everybody has to say something but damn can't people leave me alone? A freaking school bus driver with kids on the bus stopped to tell me the lawns I'm working on look great and what's my secret?
I must need to step up my asshole look game! :laughing:

I'm sick and tired of hearing about betting in NC. Every commercial and billboard is about betting.

I'm sick and tired of hearing about betting in NC. Every commercial and billboard is about betting.
YES!!! What happened. Was a law passed to allow sports betting? I am out of the loop as I do not watch any main stream sports.

YES!!! What happened. Was a law passed to allow sports betting? I am out of the loop as I do not watch any main stream sports.
Yeah I think it was March 15. Now, all radio and aired TV nothing BUT

Never go to the DNR office in York on a Friday before turkey season opens.

Ah yes, the wife is learning the TRUE Romantic side of owning and trying to daily drive an antique Jeep. 😁

I tried my best to talk her into something newer like a TJ, but NooooOOOOOOOooooooo, she wants the nostalgia of a classic on an $8-10k budget.😬👀🤪🤨🤬.

I’ve spent the past few weeks sorting out issues I knew about, discovering and sorting issues I didn’t know about. Tryin to be patient and teach her how to listen to her Jeep. Not grinding the damn starter. Listen for hiccups and sputters. And she acts like I didn’t warn her that it was going to be a few months of sorting shit our as I work through everything.

Latest adventure was up to the liquor store and the Publix. She’s driving and it surged twice while idling through the parking lot. I asked her if she did that and…. “ I don’t know.” Then it stalls out.

It apparently flooded. I get it started and double foot drive it home trying to keep it from stalling. Get home (2 miles away) and find it’s a stuck needle in the float bowl. Mean while she’s all distraught that things keep happening. Just wait for the weekend I open the engine up to swap out the knocking piston and I break a rusted bolt on the head or the collector or some damn thing that’s liable to happen.

Ah, the romance of driving an old Jeep.

Last edited:
Ah yes, the wife is learning the TRUE Romantic side of owning and trying to daily drive an antique Jeep. 😁

I tried my best to talk her into something newer like a TJ, but NooooOOOOOOOooooooo, she wants the nostalgia of a classic on an $8-10k budget.😬👀🤪🤨🤬.

I’ve spent the past few weeks sorting out issues I knew about, discovering and sorting issues I didn’t know about. Tryin to be patient and teach her how to listen to her Jeep. Not grinding the damn starter. Listen for hiccups and sputters. And she acts like I didn’t warn her that it was going to be a few months of sorting shit our as I work through everything.

Latest adventure was up to the liquor store and the Publix. She’s driving and it surged twice while idling through the parking lot. I asked her if she did that and…. “ I don’t know.” Then it stalls out.

It apparently flooded. I get it started and double foot drive it home trying to keep it from stalling. Get home (2 miles away) and find it’s a stuck needle in the float bowl. Mean while she’s all distraught that things keep happening. Just wait for the weekend I open the engine up to swap out the knocking piston and I break a rusted bolt on the head or the collector or some damn thing that liable to happen.

Ah, the romance of driving an old Jeep.
Been there done that.

Didn’t get a t-shirt…..

Back