Random Thoughts.....

Both the dog or the rabbit can be surrendered to rescue organizations

I honestly could never give the dog up solely because my daughter would be absolutely crushed and I could not live with me being the reason behind it even though, I know my wife feels the same way, maybe not as strongly, but still.

'Justified' is such a fantastic show.

Yes, I'm a good decade behind the rest of the world. Oh well.

Best metal album ever. No dispute.
IMG_0069.jpeg

Fuck the engineer that put the valve cover screw in the rear of the 258! Could have been one on each side and not the back at all.
I seem to recall that a shorty wobble socket extension is the key there. I also have a U-joint extension thats sleeved in a peice of clear tubing to help with cases like this, it allows it to bend but mostly push itself straight

Thank you sir! That helped! Love this board.
after I typed that I remembered also that these things are really helpful for that situation

Not great for cases of high torque bc they twist a little but fine for something like a valve cover gasket

Fuck the engineer that put the valve cover screw in the rear of the 258! Could have been one on each side and not the back at all.
But the problem isn’t the screw, it’s the firewall and cowl dangling over it. F that guy.

But the problem isn’t the screw, it’s the firewall and cowl dangling over it. F that guy.
Engine designer: "Hey my job was to make a good seal on the valve cover. I didn't design that firewall."
Body designer: "Hey my job is to design a firewall that meets safety standards, I didn't put the engine in there."
Systems engineer: "Hey my job is to ensure it all fits together and performs well. I didn't decide where to put those bolts."

And around it goes.

Last edited:
Engine designer: "Hey my job was to make a good seal on the valve cover. I didn't design that firewall."
Body designer: "Hey my job is to design a firewall that meets safety standards, I didn't put the engine in there."
Systems engineeer: "Hey my job is to enginsure it all fits together and performs well. I didn't decide where to put those bolts."

And around it goes.

Jeep was missing this guy back then who I have to deal with regularly in my job:
Service engineer: "I can't remove that bolt on the back of the valve cover".

Meeting occurs. Engine team requests body guys put a dent in the firewall for tool access. Body guys say the tool has already been made for the firewall and modifying it will cost $XXX,XXX. Engine guys review changing the head casting and valve cover to move the bolt where it will be accessible. Business case put together considering $$$,$$$ and tooling lead time and someone has to make the change. Went through this over something sort of similar over $9M in tooling just a few months ago.

Last edited:
Engine designer: "Hey my job was to make a SHITTY seal on the valve cover. I didn't design that firewall."
Systems engineeer: "Hey my job is to enginsure it all fits together and performs well. I didn't decide where to put those bolts."

And around it goes.

FIFY

EDIT: I forget that he has a YJ that most likely has an aluminum valve cover. That one's not so bad for leaks.

Last edited:
I'm 35 and recently the thought of getting older and my child getting older and things changing and seeing my wife get older (not older looking, just the realization that she is) and all the things that come along with that has really just sunk in. Its weird because I've always known these things, but they have just hit differently in the last year or so.

I'm 35 and recently the thought of getting older and my child getting older and things changing and seeing my wife get older (not older looking, just the realization that she is) and all the things that come along with that has really just sunk in. Its weird because I've always known these things, but they have just hit differently in the last year or so.
That feeling doesn't go away. my third kid just started driving and I watched her pull away from the house on her first solo flight the other day. Oh and, if you want to know REAL anxiety and concern. you just wait for that day.

That feeling doesn't go away. my third kid just started driving and I watched her pull away from the house on her first solo flight the other day. Oh and, if you want to know REAL anxiety and concern. you just wait for that day.
Geez. :( I can't imagine.
I sit around sometimes and think about how one day I'll be walking her down the aisle and she won't live with me anymore or how I won't be the most important person in her life and it kills me. She's only 5 and both my wife and I are already thinking about these things. I then try to think that at least I will GET to do those things and experience that heartbreak because so many people don't get to. Doesn't make it any easier though :(

Wait until you hit 41.
40 didn't bother me as much as when I realized I was "in my 40s" and statistically well past the halfway point of my life expectancy.
yep this is one of those moments.

That and when you realize its Friday night and the house is quiet and boring bc the kids aren't around anymore bc they aren't kids anymore.

Wait until you hit 41.
40 didn't bother me as much as when I realized I was "in my 40s" and statistically well past the halfway point of my life expectancy.

yep this is one of those moments.

That and when you realize its Friday night and the house is quiet and boring bc the kids aren't around anymore bc they aren't kids anymore.
Yeah, I don't know how well I will do with that... My BIL have 7 kids... youngest is a little over a year old and the oldest is 19... I used to wonder why they kept having kids yet complaining about how stressful their life was, but I think its because they want to prolong having kids around for as long as possible.

Back