Random Thoughts.....

You showed her.

You're screwed now.
Yeah, she’s walking around the house sharpening knives. If y’all don’t hear from me tomorrow maybe do a wellness check :laughing:

Yeah, she’s walking around the house sharpening knives. If y’all don’t hear from me tomorrow maybe do a wellness check :laughing:
And risk our necks? Nah.

It’s been a quick summer. Kids started back to school today. This means each morning will fill me with hate and anger to start my day. School traffic is a gathering of all the ass clown drivers within the school district. We have two elementary schools, one middle, and one high school all within half a mile of each other. We’re 5A as well, so it’s a ton of people. The level of people’s incompetence trying to navigate school traffic is staggering. Just a few idiots can gridlock the area. It’s painful to put it mildly.

It’s been a quick summer. Kids started back to school today. This means each morning will fill me with hate and anger to start my day. School traffic is a gathering of all the ass clown drivers within the school district. We have two elementary schools, one middle, and one high school all within half a mile of each other. We’re 5A as well, so it’s a ton of people. The level of people’s incompetence trying to navigate school traffic is staggering. Just a few idiots can gridlock the area. It’s painful to put it mildly.
If only there were some kind of centralized bussing system so you didn't have to deal with that. :D

If only there were some kind of centralized bussing system so you didn't have to deal with that. :D
Andy Samberg GIF

Funny you mention that…
After I finished offending my wife, I made what we call “Two Banana” for the 3rd day in a row. She always takes bananas that are overripe and cuts them up and freezes them. You take an about 2 bananas worth, 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, 1 heaping tablespoon of peanut butter (or 2, I love peanut butter!) a handful of mini chocolate chips, and a splash of milk and put it all in the food processor for about 30-60 seconds and out comes this wonderful concoction that is similar to ice cream and pretty darn healthy.

And in case anyone is wondering what’s up with the name, it derives from this:

See also: Jeepinmatt's supplement thread.

Sugar is an unregulated unadulterated poison. Gulping that right before bed probably contributes to next morning drudges.

See also: Jeepinmatt's supplement thread.

Sugar is an unregulated unadulterated poison. Gulping that right before bed probably contributes to next morning drudges.
It's 3-4hrs before bed FWIW.

Any distinguishment between natural and artificial sugars, or should we just curmudgeon them all?

Bananas Natural 14g x2
Unsweetened cocoa power 0g
Mini semi-sweet choc chips Added 8g/tbsp x2
Peanut butter Natural 2g x2

The route starts and ends at my house. I try to avoid putting my kids on a shitty school bus for over an hour before and after school. I’d rather suffer in traffic vs them. Like the above mentioned, the bus is rough these days.

Same, I drove mine when they were in public school. Otherwise, I'd have had to drive them to some parking lot for them to get on a bus at 6:45... and not get to the school before 8:30.

Kids around us get on the bus at 6am.
This seems absurd, kids get out of school near me at 2:15. Can't we back all this up 2 hours? Wait for the bus at 8, school ends at 4.

I live less than 3/4 mile from my kids school, it's a 50 min bus ride! So we have a neighborhood/ cul-de-sac carpool to get the kids to school. 5 minute commute. If you don't wait until 4 min before the bell, traffic is not bad, in and out quick.

Homeschooling ftw. That is all.

This seems absurd, kids get out of school near me at 2:15. Can't we back all this up 2 hours? Wait for the bus at 8, school ends at 4.

I live less than 3/4 mile from my kids school, it's a 50 min bus ride! So we have a neighborhood/ cul-de-sac carpool to get the kids to school. 5 minute commute. If you don't wait until 4 min before the bell, traffic is not bad, in and out quick.
Hhhhhm, at the same time as the regular work day… could you imagine the shit show called rush hour then?

Not if you want to have after school activities that don't go through dinner time. Or after school job etc.
And yeah, then you interfere w/ parents' need to get to work on time, all the working commute traffic etc.

This has been a raging debate in this area for years. Nobody has found a great solution that works en masse. Especially since they have to use the same busses running in cycles at different times for elementary, middle, and high school.

It's 3-4hrs before bed FWIW.

Any distinguishment between natural and artificial sugars, or should we just curmudgeon them all?

Bananas Natural 14g x2
Unsweetened cocoa power 0g
Mini semi-sweet choc chips Added 8g/tbsp x2
Peanut butter Natural 2g x2
Natural vs artificial really makes no difference.

To the pancreas sugar is sugar. And by sugar I mean carbohydrates not just the part labeled sugar. I mean sure “sugar” saves a conversion step but the body is extremely efficient at converting any carb regardless how complex to blood sugar. Some just take an hour or two instead of a minute or two.

Regarding timing - personally for me it’s zero calories 120 minutes before sleep and zero carbs 5 hours before sleep.

Although admittedly I cheat and don’t count alcohol in the above. Though I only drink straight spirits …there is still some net carb but wearing a CGM comforted me to learn my body has near zero insulin response to the elixir of the gods
Works for me ymmv

The route starts and ends at my house. I try to avoid putting my kids on a shitty school bus for over an hour before and after school. I’d rather suffer in traffic vs them. Like the above mentioned, the bus is rough these days.
Amen. I will gladly change my schedule around to be able to take my daughter to school. First and for most, I get to spend more time with her and we usually rock out on the way to school or talk about whatever and I love those little moments. Her after school care actually picks her up at school and its only about 4 kids whom of all she knows and the lady driving the bus? her best friend's Mom, so yes, she is riding a bus but its with 3 other kids that she goes to daycare with and I vowed that I would do whatever necessary to keep her off the public bus, because I've seen and heard the kind of stuff that goes on.

Amen. I will gladly change my schedule around to be able to take my daughter to school. First and for most, I get to spend more time with her and we usually rock out on the way to school or talk about whatever and I love those little moments. Her after school care actually picks her up at school and its only about 4 kids whom of all she knows and the lady driving the bus? her best friend's Mom, so yes, she is riding a bus but its with 3 other kids that she goes to daycare with and I vowed that I would do whatever necessary to keep her off the public bus, because I've seen and heard the kind of stuff that goes on.
I hear ya. I love kicking it with my daughter on the way to and from school. The older she gets the more I try and savor the moments. I get to hear all about cheerleading practice, and I grill her about boys.

I hear ya. I love kicking it with my daughter on the way to and from school. The older she gets the more I try and savor the moments. I get to hear all about cheerleading practice, and I grill her about boys.
HA! I do this thing and I don't tell her but every other day, I ask her "What would you like to listen to this morning" and she will tell me and I will play whatever it is and I will learn the words and sing along with her and then the next day, I don't say a word about what we are listening to, I just put on what I want to hear and she has actually learned the words to a bunch of songs I like to listen to and so we do this back and forth dance of music so we both get to experience what each other likes. I feel like to, its a safe space where my daughter can talk to me about stuff that's bothering her or that she's worried about it. I always make sure I ask her about her day and if she helped anyone today or if anyone helped her and it creates a conversationg rather than me just saying "How was school" and getting the "good" response.

Not if you want to have after school activities that don't go through dinner time. Or after school job etc.
And yeah, then you interfere w/ parents' need to get to work on time, all the working commute traffic etc.

This has been a raging debate in this area for years. Nobody has found a great solution that works en masse. Especially since they have to use the same busses running in cycles at different times for elementary, middle, and high school.
I have a solution:
Cut taxes for all
Shorter school days, trimming the wastes and stuff that does not help you get a job
Now you have more money for things you want kid involved in, and more time to do them.

The opposite of continuing to raise taxes (think of the children!!!), building massive schools, adding more free meals, and just throwing more money at the black hole that is K-12 education.

It's at least worth a try

Man, yalls kids are missing out. Phillip Styron use to bring his boombox on the bus everyday and blast Beastie Boys License To I'll. We were jamming back in 1987.

She's crafty!

Back