Random Thoughts.....

As a parent to a 6 year old who is only on her second year of school, does the beginning of school always make smaller kids just act completely different? Just meltdown after meltdown when she's home, but perfect at school. I know kids probably keep their emotions in check while at school and home is their safe place, so it makes sense that they would just let it all out given the opportunity, but these last 2 days have been a struggle just to get her do simple things she normally always does.

As a parent to a 6 year old who is only on her second year of school, does the beginning of school always make smaller kids just act completely different?
yes
Just meltdown after meltdown when she's home, but perfect at school. I know kids probably keep their emotions in check while at school and home is their safe place, so it makes sense that they would just let it all out given the opportunity, but these last 2 days have been a struggle just to get her do simple things she normally always does.
There's a huge difference in environment.

As a parent to a 6 year old who is only on her second year of school, does the beginning of school always make smaller kids just act completely different? Just meltdown after meltdown when she's home, but perfect at school. I know kids probably keep their emotions in check while at school and home is their safe place, so it makes sense that they would just let it all out given the opportunity, but these last 2 days have been a struggle just to get her do simple things she normally always does.
without a open mind this isn't going to fly well but here goes.

School vs home is dependent on several factors some very much in common.

These are structure, interaction, and limitations in the realm of social interaction and behavior. The experiences of each and the difference of a child in the respective environments are dependent on these traits and do not always blead over into the other because of distinct differences. (READ the child is getting a different feedback in these traits home vs. school)

Your child has discovered or is attempting to discover the essence of the difference between school and home. Good luck. Good parenting starts with examining what potentially needs to change at home. Often bad parenting blames the school system first. Since you have not started with that you are probably a good parent in need of adjusting to your child's growing needs.

Still having this issue with my 10yr old. He’s not having meltdowns per se, but has a very negative attitude and constant complaining in the afternoons.

I know the ol parents are.

Last edited:
I wish I had as much money as the county thinks I have to pay for property taxes on every stupid thing I own. It’s disgusting to have to pay every year simply because you own something that sits on the land you already pay taxes for.
Preach John Stamos GIF by Fuller House

I wish I had as much money as the county thinks I have to pay for property taxes on every stupid thing I own. It’s disgusting to have to pay every year simply because you own something that sits on the land you already pay taxes for.
Need help with that Komatsu build? 😇

Also why? On my way into work today to come pay some taxes I get in behind a Chrysler town and country. Guilford county schools on the side. A obviously very loaded optioned ride. Had chrome wheels, leather seats and a screen bigger than my tv in the living room on the dash. Hauling a kid in the passenger seat. Why would a base model caravan not fit the bill? We are literally being stolen from. Wonder what purchase department employees brother works at that dealership.

We’ve all probably heard “Equal rights does not mean equal outcomes” which is pretty obvious, but I think there are a lot of people who also fail to understand that equal rights also does not mean equal experiences along the way.

You never truly own anything. Don't believe it? Just stop paying taxes and see how quickly you go to jail and lose it all.

You never truly own anything. Don't believe it? Just stop paying taxes and see how quickly you go to jail and lose it all.
Or how quickly the government will give you everything you need. It's all about perspective. ;)

I was at the high school football game last night. We made a big play and everyone was yelling and of course it was loud. We’ve all been in a crowd, nightclub, event, where you’re having to yell and then it gets randomly quiet for a split second and everyone hears you talking loud. Well, a guy nearby was yelling at his buddy and that random quiet happened. He said “I celebrated so hard I farted” and pretty much everyone sitting within earshot heard him say it. I laughed my ass off. I’m still laughing while I type this.

Back