Random Thoughts.....

What about these knuckleheads that drive 40 in a 65 with their hazard on in the left lane because of a light rain? Or really anybody with hazards on in the rain.
Pit em!

Same goes for anytime anyone is going less than the speed limit in the left lane.

Every morning this scenario gets me on the way to drop my son off at school. Two lane road with lots of traffic, and some fool wants to turn left. 20 cars stopped behind them waiting so they can wait for a HUGE gap to safely turn.

FAWKING DOT need to add turning lanes so everyone else can keep moving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eh, something I was rather shocked by when we moved to Maryland is that if the road has a wide shoulder that is car-sized... its a passing lane on the right. I mean people don't even slow down, if somebody stops to turn left they just get zipped right around on the shoulder. In some places the DOT just painted a short lane on the shoulder lol.
And its not a city thing, I talking on the main vein 2 lane highway in our rather rural/suburban county.

Eh, something I was rather shocked by when we moved to Maryland is that if the road has a wide shoulder that is car-sized... its a passing lane on the right. I mean people don't even slow down, if somebody stops to turn left they just get zipped right around on the shoulder. In some places the DOT just painted a short lane on the shoulder lol.
And its not a city thing, I talking on the main vein 2 lane highway in our rather rural/suburban county.
Yeah, It was like that when I was in Wisconsin too. Wish it wasnt illegal in NC.

One of my professors at Wake Forest had Guillain-Barré syndrome when he was the same age. He had a limp his whole life. It’s also what made him get into physiology and teaching neuroscience.
My mom contracted it back in 1991/92. We were living in England at the time. My step dad and I were in Scotland on a hiking and fishing trip, my mom had flown back to Florida to meet my brother on his return from the Gulf War. In the time frame of about 2-3 hrs my mom noticed her foot “falling asleep” and then progressing to “I can’t move my legs!” While sitting on the beach.

They rushed her to the nearest hospital where JUST BY CHANCE the leading doctor on GBS worked.

My step dad hauled ass back down to London, the British Airways agent said buy a 1st class ticket on our regular flight and then stuck him on the Concord. Something like 12 hrs after leaving the highlands of Scotland he walks into the hospital room.

At this point the paralysis had worked its way up to mid chest. The doctor said that GBs either starts at the feet and works its way up, or at the head and goes down. So, she got the better deal in this case.

Doc recommended an experimental Blood transfusion that wasn’t covered by insurance and said it’s either that or it’s over when it hits her heart.

Clearly my step dad didn’t care about insurance, said DO IT!

It worked and reversed the paralysis. She had to learn how to walk all over again. Used a cane for a year or two after that, wasn’t ticklish on her feet anymore, and had to drive 2 footed ever since because she couldn’t move her dominate foot fast enough.

Scary shit! But she’s still with us now!

My mom contracted it back in 1991/92. We were living in England at the time. My step dad and I were in Scotland on a hiking and fishing trip, my mom had flown back to Florida to meet my brother on his return from the Gulf War. In the time frame of about 2-3 hrs my mom noticed her foot “falling asleep” and then progressing to “I can’t move my legs!” While sitting on the beach.

They rushed her to the nearest hospital where JUST BY CHANCE the leading doctor on GBS worked.

My step dad hauled ass back down to London, the British Airways agent said buy a 1st class ticket on our regular flight and then stuck him on the Concord. Something like 12 hrs after leaving the highlands of Scotland he walks into the hospital room.

At this point the paralysis had worked its way up to mid chest. The doctor said that GBs either starts at the feet and works its way up, or at the head and goes down. So, she got the better deal in this case.

Doc recommended an experimental Blood transfusion that wasn’t covered by insurance and said it’s either that or it’s over when it hits her heart.

Clearly my step dad didn’t care about insurance, said DO IT!

It worked and reversed the paralysis. She had to learn how to walk all over again. Used a cane for a year or two after that, wasn’t ticklish on her feet anymore, and had to drive 2 footed ever since because she couldn’t move her dominate foot fast enough.

Scary shit! But she’s still with us now!
Geez! I remember my boss saying that they had to do some kind of blood transfusion where they had to remove this certain protein from her blood. Any idea on how she contracted it? I know it can be a result of contracting the Campylobacter bacteria, which my wife has had and said it can come from eating raw or undercooked or contaminated foods.

Back