Random Thoughts.....

If you’re one of the ass hats who immediately jumps across both double white lines on the interstate on ramp when you’re five cars back, I hate you. Especially when you stay in the right lane and screw everyone else trying to get over who were ahead of you. May everything in the world that’s bad happen to you and only you.

If you’re one of the ass hats who immediately jumps across both double white lines on the interstate on ramp when you’re five cars back, I hate you. Especially when you stay in the right lane and screw everyone else trying to get over who were ahead of you. May everything in the world that’s bad happen to you and only you.
Ever do one of those defensive driving courses like Gryphon Group or the like? Alway wanted one of the exo-caged crown bics they had for this type of scenario!!!

I have. I want to pit somebody every time I leave the house.
Same...and I'm just rockin a 2 door accord most days 🤦🏾‍♂️

(Ludicrus playing "MOVE bitch, git out da way" in the background)

You can't have a midlife crisis if your life has been one big constant crisis.

You can't have a midlife crisis if your life has been one big constant crisis.
Or is it most midlife crisis are because you've never been fully challenged? You suddenly realize you've lived very easy and are faced with the reality of could have done more. So the stereotype buys more flaunts more but is really extending the lifestyle already established.

Or is it most midlife crisis are because you've never been fully challenged? You suddenly realize you've lived very easy and are faced with the reality of could have done more. So the stereotype buys more flaunts more but is really extending the lifestyle already established.
oooooh that may be just teh ezcuse I've been looking for

Thoughts/rant/ramble.......

It's been a wild couple of months. Between losing mom and gaining Remi, the emotions have been crazy. Today has been no different. Each time I've been out with the birth of our children, the company I'm with has thrown some sort of monkey wrench at me. With the first, I came back and was immediately told I was no longer in detailing and could either go do estimating or pack my crap. With the second I was immediately sent out of town for 2 months and then shoved back into estimating. Now, the third.... I get back today and they call a big meeting for all the field people. Tell us nobody gets a raise and nobody is allowed any overtime unless the GM approves it. Along with a long list of problems and gripes they have. I'm told to hang back after the meeting, so I'm honestly expecting to just get canned, based on previous conversations. Well, they have decided that I am now "officially" a field project manager. Been doing 80% of the work for years now, but was always told "we don't have field pms". Was also told that if I want the role, I've got to go on salary. Not the end of the world, as long as they match the money, there are definitely some benefits. I find it strange that all 3 times I've been off on parental leave, I've come back to major changes. Honestly not sure what the future looks like here. The whole company has been turned upside down in this regime change. But at least getting a small bump up and going to salary should be decent job security through the election and these changes within the company I guess.

Anyway, thoughts/rant/ramble over.

Thoughts/rant/ramble.......

It's been a wild couple of months. Between losing mom and gaining Remi, the emotions have been crazy. Today has been no different. Each time I've been out with the birth of our children, the company I'm with has thrown some sort of monkey wrench at me. With the first, I came back and was immediately told I was no longer in detailing and could either go do estimating or pack my crap. With the second I was immediately sent out of town for 2 months and then shoved back into estimating. Now, the third.... I get back today and they call a big meeting for all the field people. Tell us nobody gets a raise and nobody is allowed any overtime unless the GM approves it. Along with a long list of problems and gripes they have. I'm told to hang back after the meeting, so I'm honestly expecting to just get canned, based on previous conversations. Well, they have decided that I am now "officially" a field project manager. Been doing 80% of the work for years now, but was always told "we don't have field pms". Was also told that if I want the role, I've got to go on salary. Not the end of the world, as long as they match the money, there are definitely some benefits. I find it strange that all 3 times I've been off on parental leave, I've come back to major changes. Honestly not sure what the future looks like here. The whole company has been turned upside down in this regime change. But at least getting a small bump up and going to salary should be decent job security through the election and these changes within the company I guess.

Anyway, thoughts/rant/ramble over.
If nothing else, hopefully having that title in your resume will help you with future employment opportunities. Just make sure it’s not a ploy to work you overtime with no pay. No overtime for the hourly guys, but you salary types can work all the OT you can (or can’t) stand!

If nothing else, hopefully having that title in your resume will help you with future employment opportunities. Just make sure it’s not a ploy to work you overtime with no pay. No overtime for the hourly guys, but you salary types can work all the OT you can (or can’t) stand!
Yea that's the biggest reason I've pushed back on it in the past. Told them the only way I was good with it, was to match my pay now working 50-55 hours. And yea I figure it'll look good on paper when the time inevitably comes that I move on.

99% of lawyers give the rest a bad name.

Name a car designed/built in the past 10-15 years that in 30-40 years someone is going to say “Man! I’d love one of those to restore or restomod!”
Amazon Trucks

Name a car designed/built in the past 10-15 years that in 30-40 years someone is going to say “Man! I’d love one of those to restore or restomod!”
I will say Mazda Miatas are still a pretty pretty fun / cool car, and as an old man I'll probably still want to drop an LS in one

S2000

I think the Dodge Challengers are cool looking. I've never driven or even sat in one though.

The Camaros will also surely be restored/modded.

It is the kids today who want those cars but cannot afford them who will buy and restore them when they get older and have money.

I think the Dodge Challengers are cool looking. I've never driven or even sat in one though.

The Camaros will also surely be restored/modded.

It is the kids today who want those cars but cannot afford them who will buy and restore them when they get older and have money.
The real question is what will "restoring" and modding be like when you have to deal with everything being electrically controlled but the proper digital controls don't exist anymore

Back