Random Thoughts.....

So I met a new employee today that was hired for me by a corporate HR person.

Dude doesnt drink alcohol, because 'he doesn't see the point'
Doesn't like to hunt or fish because 'nature is boring'
Drives a late 90s Camry because 'Vehicles arent important to me. just a mode of transportation'
Doesn't like sports because 'Waste of societies resources'
Isn't married.
No kids.

I am supposed to turn this fantastic ball of clay into a sales professional in the construction industry.
I have no clue what he is going to talk to people about. I'm struggling here.

Drives a late 90s Camry because 'Vehicles arent important to me. just a mode of transportation'
Isn't married.
No kids.

I am supposed to turn this fantastic ball of clay into a sales professional in the construction industry.
Ask him about cats and video games. He should light right up!

Isn't married.
No kids.

Good luck with that. I'm going to infer this is a millennial? Maybe a jaded, depressed millennial? Any physical resemblance to the goth kids on South Park?

Early 40s.
Not out of shape, but not gym rat looking either.
Dresses normal.

Milk toast.

Early 40s.
Not out of shape, but not gym rat looking either.
Dresses normal.

Milk toast.
If he says nature is boring, then ask him what isn't.
Maybe he is really into music or something.

Dude I am the exact opposite of all those traits.....but I can't sell shit.
Never ever been good at moving things along by selling them. Or my self for that matter.

Take that as hope maybe?

He can talk about all the good times he and his fellow liberal arts degree occupiers had at their last sit-in.
Whining about how their useless $150,000 degree in philosophy won't get them a job.

Matt

He can talk about all the good times he and his fellow liberal arts degree occupiers had at their last sit-in.
Whining about how their useless $150,000 degree in philosophy won't get them a job.

Matt
Philosophy isnt bad to have. Could be worse. My mom went to USC for like 8 years and came out with a degree in theatre. Mostly did insurance and CSR stuff professionally.

Isn't married.
No kids.

Sounds like an engineer, not a salesman.

Sounds like an engineer, not a salesman.

I could actually work with that better, I think. At least he could be a product expert.

Does he know anything about the products/industry?

Minimal. Been round construction, familiar with the concept of what we do. The details will take time.

He probably has a stamp collection. :p

Have learned this AM he is an AVID coin collector. He went on for 15 minutes about some French 1700s coin. Progress. Thats the most he has ever talked.

Degrees (2 x BS) in business and construction science management.

Few new details this AM.
Voted for Trump because 'Anyone but Hillary'....our first connection.
Despite nature being boring and all he likes to maintain his yard and has 12 or 13 different specific flower beds mainly because 'It pisses the two faggots off who live next door that a straight dude has a nicer yard than them'

'Video games are a complete waste of time' - Have to admit didnt see that one coming.

Back