Random Thoughts.....

A mixed bag of emotions right now. My wife’s “cousin” (not family but grew up so close it doesn’t matter) died Thursday night in Colorado from a freak SxS accident from a rollover and lacerated liver. He was as red blooded cowboy American as they come and a great father. Today I found out that my moms 6 month cancer checkup came back 100% clean and clear.

Today I’m drinking a toast to both accounts and thinking of great times on all memories involved.

Sleeping under separate blankets may very well be the best decision we made for our marriage. Mine is a 20 lb weighted one, and I sleep so much better.

If you have not watched “The Terminal List” on Prime, go do it! Chris Pratt’s best role to date. A great mini-series with perfect gun handling and suspense/intrigue out the wazoo!

Why do people feel the need to put everything they do on Facebook? It pisses me off when people put my picture on Facebook without my permission. Even more if I specifically tell them not to do it, and they do it anyway. If I wanted to be on Facebook or any kind of social media, I would do it myself.

Why do people feel the need to put everything they do on Facebook? It pisses me off when people put my picture on Facebook without my permission. Even more if I specifically tell them not to do it, and they do it anyway. If I wanted to be on Facebook or any kind of social media, I would do it myself.
Look... You were straight taking a dump off the side of our pier. I TOLD you not to do it but after the 12th time I felt I needed to post your picture on the nextdoor app as well as the lake Norman police FB page. The fact that you were shooting us the bird in the pic was just an added bonus

😇😎

Last edited:
I used to have this problem every year with my wife's family until I made a complete ass of myself and pissed everyone off that one year. We go on a beach trip every year together (4-6 families from my wife's side). I specifically asked them not to post any pictures of us on vacation until we got back home. I told them it was not smart for someone to see you were several hours away from your home for a week, but apparently that makes me ridiculous and paranoid.

I used to have this problem every year with my wife's family until I made a complete ass of myself and pissed everyone off that one year. We go on a beach trip every year together (4-6 families from my wife's side). I specifically asked them not to post any pictures of us on vacation until we got back home. I told them it was not smart for someone to see you were several hours away from your home for a week, but apparently that makes me ridiculous and paranoid.
Same. But I have gave up. When Shit happens it will be an epic I told you so. Which I want let go of ever....like ever.

And here I am not doing that bc I don't want my boss to know I'm not at work.

We look at ingredients for our consumption, but whem It comes to a dog, snack chew toy whetever a friend recommends is great...... looked up "Bully Stick" when my sister asked if our dog could have one. Yeah sure but do you know what it is. 🤣 🐄 🍆 . Many jokes ensued the rest of the day.

I know the frustration. I can't stand people that live on it. I used too, but I decided to get a life instead. I've watched the entire world turn completely upside down because of social media, and I choose not to be a part of it. Here is an exception because I've met atleast 60% of the folks here. Keep the Anti-media revolution going.

Sitting here grilling watching the neighbor cut a tree that almost fell on his daughters house. And it hit him her husband isn't helping and he's doing it alone. I don't get it her parents bought her the house and her and her husband can't even help clean up with a tree falls down.

My wife's niece is basically the same. Her and her husband got in bad shape with their money and their house got foreclosed on. So her parents moved out of their house, and into a studio apt, and gave the daughter and family the house to live in. Basically claimed that she would get it anyway (only kid). But then they have to go over and mow the lawn and keep it up, so that it doesnt go to disrepair. I get wanting to help your kid, but some people will not learn without consequences.

My wife's niece is basically the same. Her and her husband got in bad shape with their money and their house got foreclosed on. So her parents moved out of their house, and into a studio apt, and gave the daughter and family the house to live in. Basically claimed that she would get it anyway (only kid). But then they have to go over and mow the lawn and keep it up, so that it doesnt go to disrepair. I get wanting to help your kid, but some people will not learn without consequences.
My in laws gave us the place we are living now, which im extremely greatful for. But he doesn't mow it, I've paid for all the renovation stuff and cleaned the building for him and me to use. I just don't get it expecting someone else to carry you your whole life.

My in laws gave us the place we are living now, which im extremely greatful for. But he doesn't mow it, I've paid for all the renovation stuff and cleaned the building for him and me to use. I just don't get it expecting someone else to carry you your whole life.
I get that for sure. I understood the fact that their daughter was going to get the house anyway. And the studio they moved into belonged to her parents, so there was no cost there. But doing all the maintenance and upkeep, because they are too lazy, is where they loose me.

her husband can't even help clean up with a tree falls down
This is the part that kills me. My sister in law just married a guy that is absolutely worthless. Like mind numbing useless. She has called me to come and check the oil in her car before. I get there and he’s home! How much of a deadbeat are you that you wouldn’t check your fiancé’s oil? I mow their yard every freekin week too, but I only do that because my mother in law asks me to. That woman has been a better mother to me over the last 20 years than my own.

This is the part that kills me. My sister in law just married a guy that is absolutely worthless. Like mind numbing useless. She has called me to come and check the oil in her car before. I get there and he’s home! How much of a deadbeat are you that you wouldn’t check your fiancé’s oil? I mow their yard every freekin week too, but I only do that because my mother in law asks me to. That woman has been a better mother to me over the last 20 years than my own.
what really gets me going over the whole deal is the guy isnt a inside office work kinda guy, they just moved back from south dakota where he was a foreman on a ranch. you cant tell me that guy hasnt ran a chainsaw and done physical work.

what really gets me going over the whole deal is the guy isnt a inside office work kinda guy, they just moved back from south dakota where he was a foreman on a ranch. you cant tell me that guy hasnt ran a chainsaw and done physical work.
Maybe that's why he was a foreman on a ranch

Sometimes you have to give a little nudge to them…. Like saying “ get your ass out here and help” always works for me.

Back