Recession coming?

I pass the savings along :flipoff2:
All jokes aside. I heard today something I've never heard; distributors/vendors not holding their price on bid day šŸ˜³

So on bid day the equipment may be $1.6mil
But the P.O. can't be written without a submittal approval. That may take 3 month. In that 3 months the equipment cost may go up to $1.75mil.

Sub is told "tough shit"

I do mostly public work. There IS no going back for more money for equipment increases

How are you supposed to bid that and stay competitive?

If he has been helped multiple times by people who know him, who is the one failing to learn?

We gave him some cash one time a couple of years ago and I bought his (new) guns the winter before last.Yeah there is some failure to learn there but I dont think it's on my part.I think it's more on his MIL and his wife's Aunt.

It is never a bad idea to have staples at home. We have storms frequently. If you have a spouse who is resistant to real preparedness you can dip their toes by talking about storms.

A garden makes sense in any economic climate. Good food, good exercise, teaching your kids about where nourishment comes fromā€¦

The only real difference you can make is local, really local.

All jokes aside. I heard today something I've never heard; distributors/vendors not holding their price on bid day šŸ˜³

So on bid day the equipment may be $1.6mil
But the P.O. can't be written without a submittal approval. That may take 3 month. In that 3 months the equipment cost may go up to $1.75mil.

Sub is told "tough shit"

I do mostly public work. There IS no going back for more money for equipment increases

How are you supposed to bid that and stay competitive?

Our proposals now say price to be verified at time of award. We cant even guarantee a day.

My nightmare is getting talked about a lot right now. Freight Recession.....

My nightmare is getting talked about a lot right now. Freight Recession.....
No boats coming from China, therefore no trucks. Prepare accordingly.

(haven't we been talking about this for two weeks?)

No boats coming from China, therefore no trucks. Prepare accordingly.

(haven't we been talking about this for two weeks?)
This goes along with my questions in the other thread about fuel.

That American First thing continues to sound _________ist, doesn't it? :rolleyes:
I don't understand why the administration is not scrambling to bring everything back to the states that we can make here. Build refineries, build chip plants, anything and everything. Stop the imports. ..it would solve so many problems, now and in the future.

I guess they'll run us into the ground before admitting Trump was right.

I don't understand why the administration is not scrambling to bring everything back to the states that we can make here. Build refineries, build chip plants, anything and everything. Stop the imports. ..it would solve so many problems, now and in the future.

Have you read the infrastructure spending bill? This is a big chunk of it.
Chip mfrs are setting up right now.

So, out of curiosity, are you advocating to have more government direction/control of our economy? I personally prefer free markets as much as possible. We can see how well state directed economies do over time...

As @RatLabGuy mentioned, the government is trying to reinvigorate our domestic chip production. As for things like refineries and energy production, those investments take years to build and decades to be profitable. So, who is going to promise these companies that when the current one year crisis is over, their investments will still be profitable and not regulated to oblivion?

From what I have read the chip issue is more then just more manufacturing. Per the article or interview I saw it is more centered around the fact that the auto industry is using older chips and will not upgrade. I want to say the person interviewed was from intel? maybe. The car people basically said we can't. It would take a redesign of the whole system. Maybe someone on here knows more about it than I do.

Stop the imports.

That would basically stop the country.

From what I have read the chip issue is more then just more manufacturing. Per the article or interview I saw it is more centered around the fact that the auto industry is using older chips and will not upgrade. I want to say the person interviewed was from intel? maybe. The car people basically said we can't. It would take a redesign of the whole system. Maybe someone on here knows more about it than I do.

Not sure that's even feasible. The life cycle of a vehicle is not the one of a laptop. Same for the development cycle.

You can't change an ECU every 6 months because Intel shows up with a new product.

Last edited:
Back