Rescued a Puppy!

RedTaco4x4

My wife and I rescued a dog today from the Wilson Humain Society. This is our 2 month old puppy Roxy. She is a Shepard/Chow mix! She will get up to about 70 pounds and is as cute as can be! When you have a wife looking you in the eye and this little furball looking at you, it was hard to say no! Just wanted to share!

DSCF0903.jpg

DSCF0904.jpg

DSCF0905.jpg

nice looking pup, i rescued a 6 month old puppy myself a few weeks ago from a shelter around charlotte. she's mostly basenji, little something else mixed in not sure what though.

Congratulations! Such a cute pup... I have a soft spot for the black ones. We rescued Java when she was 8 months old in November 2003. They told us she'd get pretty big, but I think they meant more than 49#! I guess she's big on personality. ;)

Good luck with the 'puppy' years. :)

Attachments

• sassyballgirl.jpg
    sassyballgirl.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 916
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v407_perfectlulu_pets_pixiecrawl.jpg

my sorta rescued dog (next stop was the pound) best dog we ever had (well, b/c of the breed we make her walk a very straight line, in return she has been the best dog I ever had, the only one that we were able to house trained, which means she will not go outside 24/7 ) right now we are teaching her the fence..... we have such a huge area that a chainlink fence would have been to expensive, this way she has access to the woods and over an acrea of land.

That should be a very nice dog..

Here is our rescue dog.. (the little one) she is corgy/hotdog mix :)

Our other dog is Black Lab/German Sheppard

That's a cute pup. I'm sure he'll make a great addition to your household.

Since everyone else is sharing:
We adpoted / rescued a 4 or 5 year old chocolate lab back in september of 2003. She had been hanging out where I work for ~three weeks, and I decided to try to coax her indoors and take her to the vet when Hurricane Isabel was making land fall. From the best we can tell, she was probably in a puppy mill, and got dumped off after she stopped producing litters. It turned out she had a bad case of heart worms, and we spent the next 3 mos nursing her back to health. She was an indoor dog within the first 6 months. I must say she's the best dog I've ever had.

As you can tell, she's got a hard life:

2004_0503Uwharrie0066.JPG

purpleTJchick said:
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v407_perfectlulu_pets_pixiecrawl.jpg

my sorta rescued dog (next stop was the pound) best dog we ever had (well, b/c of the breed we make her walk a very straight line, in return she has been the best dog I ever had, the only one that we were able to house trained, which means she will not go outside 24/7 ) right now we are teaching her the fence..... we have such a huge area that a chainlink fence would have been to expensive, this way she has access to the woods and over an acrea of land.

looks like a pit/boxer mix

That was a cute puppy all of them were. Don't it feel good to do something good.

Two years ago we had a Black Lab named Boone. The fourth time it was ever off our property( two visits to the vet, and one with us to our "other" neighbor) a neighbor shot him. He was a big boy of 90lbs at 9 months. We were upset to say the least, so much time, work and a lotta love went into this pet. So, we found a 2 year old chocolate lab. We are the third owners. Still to this day, we can not figure why anyone would give up such a grand animal! She is 110lbs, inside dog and the best minding animal I have ever owned. She and her "brother "Sam", (the 20lbs cat) get along great.

Here's my boy. Got him in 2000 for $15 at the Conover Shelter. Vet said, at the time, that he was around 1 or 1 1/2 years old. Gonna be 5 years I've had him on Dec. 20th. Best friend you can ever have. He's gotten a little chunkier since I got him, but it's all good.
Nathan

Attachments

• Coal_Snow.jpg
    Coal_Snow.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 458
those dogs are alll so cute :D choc labs are popular, my other mom has one, old dog, but still a great dog!!! although thier young lab is to hyper, stuborn, and basically an over grown puppy...

We rescued a pup from the Durham shelter, too. They were calling him "Beavis" but we changed his name to Maverick because he reminded me of Jim Garner...

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v639_Trebissky_Pets___Mavvy03.jpg

Then we got another family member, who'd been wandering around the streets until a guy who runs a Cleaners opened his door and she walked inside. About a week later he brought her down to our place at the next corner because he knew we had a black dog and thought it was her. Nope. We had planned to take her over to the shelter, but no such luck. She knew a good thing when she fell into it. So we called her Missy.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v639_Trebissky_Pets___Missy06.jpg

We already had a cat, who liked Mav fairly well but wasn't all that thrilled with Missy for some reason. Maybe because she's a big doofus? He puts up with her, I guess is the best you can say. His name's Boots.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v639_Trebissky_Pets___Boots01.jpg

And thennn..... my wife decided she was gonna bring another one home, got it from a friend she used to work with. Suffice to say, we named her Miata, because almost all she does is eat, sleep, or go ZOOM, ZOOM, ZOOM all over the place. :D She also likes to "fight" with Missy, who thinks she's her puppy.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v639_Trebissky_Pets_Miata04.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v639_Trebissky_Pets_MiataMissy05.jpg

It warms my heart that so many of you have adopted needy animals. I am glad to see that as a group we are responsible in more ways then when we are offroad. I adopted a 1 week old kitten 8 years ago. Boy those first couple months sucked, but now we can't be apart. She actually cries at the door most of the time I am gone. No pics to share, but then again I just got a camera. Keep up the good work and keep your big hearts open. :D :D

554812_6.jpg

This is my 2 year old pound puppy we got when he was 5 weeks old. He's been trained to help my wife who's disable. He's a pit bull mix, but I think he's all pit bull. He love's to go 4wheeling.

nc854runner said:
554812_6.jpg

This is my 2 year old pound puppy we got when he was 5 weeks old. He's been trained to help my wife who's disable. He's a pit bull mix, but I think he's all pit bull. He love's to go 4wheeling.

he looks like a red nose pit........supposed to the bigger of the AMPB breeds and a tad smarter.........but eather way that a pretty dog

Well...here are a couple of pics of my 2 adopted dogs. Most of you guys have met Murphy, my 5 year old lab/chow mix and my 20 month old Shepherd/Rott mix TJ. Murphy was rescued from the York County (SC) Animal Shelter, and TJ was rescued from the York County (SC) Humane Society. Murphy weighs about 55 lbs, and TJ (at last check) weighs in about 85 lbs.

The little black poodle in the pic with TJ belongs to my mother-in-law. :flipoff2:

Attachments

• P7310524a.jpg
    P7310524a.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 447
  • P8030526a.jpg
    P8030526a.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 460
WHTTRASH said:
he looks like a red nose pit........supposed to the bigger of the AMPB breeds and a tad smarter.........but eather way that a pretty dog

Yeap, He's a red nose pit, he is really smart. His name is Cherokee,and he learns his commands very easy. He want do any thing unless I or my wife tell him. Thats why I think everybody's dog's need some training.

ai6.photobucket.com_albums_y230_jakedk5_100_1908.jpg

thats my little girl also named Roxie... got her from the Charlotte/Meck animal shelter near the airport... she's a black lab with a trace of chow (black spots on tongue) that pic was taken when she was 10 weeks old and ~10 pounds... shes 6 months now and about 40 pounds :)

not true... it's a common myth that black spots mean a dog has chow in it. spots are simply extra pigment, nothing more.

Back