Resurrection 2dr

The original long arm kit was a one piece design. Dropping the trans required dropping the front suspension and that sucked. So, i cut the cross member into 3 pieces. Now I'll weld in the long arm mounts and bolt in the center section.
20200518_173138.jpg
20200518_222331.jpg

Nice rollers!!

I really like that color on the xj. I like it even more on a 2 door..... Looks good!

Been steady on the XJ for the last week or so. Got all of the suspension and steering buttoned up, brakes hooked up and wiring switched over. Installed the heater box with new evap and heater core, dash is in and steering column in place. The floors were solid but had some surface rust so I sanded them out and applied primer and POR15 to them and the frame stiffners. Gotta do some hardwood work this week but will be back at it in the evenings. I've got about another day of work to the body then it will be time to start on the motor/trans/tc.
FullSizeR_01.jpg

Been steady on the XJ for the last week or so. Got all of the suspension and steering buttoned up, brakes hooked up and wiring switched over. Installed the heater box with new evap and heater core, dash is in and steering column in place. The floors were solid but had some surface rust so I sanded them out and applied primer and POR15 to them and the frame stiffners. Gotta do some hardwood work this week but will be back at it in the evenings. I've got about another day of work to the body then it will be time to start on the motor/trans/tc.View attachment 319120
Looking good , how long til Will tries to buy this one?!

The end has come for the former XJ. Stripped anything of any value and 2dr specific. Now it's in it's final resting place.
FullSizeR_02.jpg
FullSizeR_03.jpg

FullSizeR_06.jpg
IMG_2946.jpg
FullSizeR_04.jpg
Motor has all new seals, water pump, exhaust manifold etc. New seals in transmission and t/c has been completing rebuilt with new bearings and seals. Added a 2Low kit for those slow cruises through the woods. Ditched the stock t/c linkage and installed Azzy Works linkage. Got everything mated together and mounted in the jeep. Plugged all the harnesses in and she fired right up!

That is awesome news that it fired up first try , nice work!
actually that was kind of a lie. I turn the key the first two times and nothing happened. As I went searching I realized I had to push the clutch in!

Last edited:
Back