RIP Remington! Thank you all!!

The only easy day was yesterday...

Thanks your pup looks michevious lol so yeah over 103 years vet experience and Noones ever seen anything like it... it’s insane how this has affected this dog he was 78lb when I took him in now he’s 56 and holding for last twice weeks whatever is causing this it’s hell and no animal should go through it I’m gonna make a point to share the cause as much as possible so people aren’t taken advantage of like myself, now over 4K in vet bills and still some on payment plan... smdh
Yep i had a blue and gold macaw get a bump on her wing took her to a vet that said and advertised she knew birds. $3700. Later and my bird is dead. I almost went back to jail. To me vets are like dentist over priced under educated

Yep i had a blue and gold macaw get a bump on her wing took her to a vet that said and advertised she knew birds. $3700. Later and my bird is dead. I almost went back to jail. To me vets are like dentist over priced under educated
That sucks sorry to hear man! Yeah most of these vets have basically diagnosed him off of research I have done myself up until the vet were at now! This vets just like hey we need every damn red cent you have to tell you what’s wrong with him... pisses me off I paid $330 for meds yesterday and that’s just half of the script too for the month charging 1.75 a pill for doxycycline when they pay 0.12 for em!

Well looks like it’s not gonna be good ending... He’s declining quick after biopsy and culture he won’t eat anything took me 1 hour to get him to take meds this morn this is day two of him not eating anything besides bread...only option we have is take him to be put on IV and that’s just not gonna be possible to afford considering they charged me damn $1300 for two days and results won’t be back in for 5-7 more days! To make it for results he’ll need 2-4 days in hospital on IV shits sad! Got a 96 zj for parts for sale $500 and 84ish K5 blazer with bad motor decent body for $1000 if anyone interested going on cl tonight! 79 burb May be going up this week for sale too may sell 39.5s separate if it’s gotta go!! Zj comes with c&c14ff/waggy44 for $350 more!

And today is the dogs fucking birthday... I dunno if I’ve ever been so mad in my life that these vets have waited this long to suggest these test it’s like they just dragging it out to get as much money as possible...

Thanks Yeah it’s sad really bc he don’t seem to be suffering but you know the shit has to hurt or be uncomfortable I’ve just sat and hand fed him hamburger meat so he has food in him he’s just not interested in food since anesthesia tho it’s sad bc this dogs young and was full of energy 6 weeks ago

We’ll update today I just dropped him off at a new vet emergency hospital bc he wouldn’t eat for 3rd day besides what I hand fed him and the vet we were going to recently wasn’t open today! With everyone’s help from here and my woman’s family/friends I was able to pay for him to stay over night bc sadly he wasn’t gonna make it till tom the anesthesia Thur just took it out of him so fast! Huge thanks and appreciation to all of you all that’s helped in any way possible and special thanks to @jeepinmatt @jeepin' jen @junkxj @Hitdogg and @tlucier brother you and your wife are heaven sent remi would be buried tom if not for you!! I’m in all of yalls debt!
Prayers for our big dog Remington
to keep fighting he’s one tough ass dude just like his name says... Thank you all!
Amanda my ole lady has reposted the gofundme share if you can on facespace if your friends with me on social media not looking for handouts it hurts me to even ask for help but reality hits hard!!!

Click here to support Rally for Remi organized by Amanda Leah Rupert we have a long travel ahead if he can make it until results come back this week! Seriously tho without yalls contributions I had already decided he was going to be put to sleep last week bc I couldn’t watch him suffer and not be able to do Fix it! God bless you folks I can’t find words to express how I feel I’m def one hard ass damn man In the real world and the selflessness and generosity of everyone has made me breakdown in tears which I’ve not done since age 15!! Means a lot y’all have no idea!

My sister is going through veterinary school at nc state. I sent her a link so she could consult with the Vets there. Prayers for Remi
Hey man just curious if any word on what ya showed ya sis? Culture/sensitivity test should be back tom or Tuesday so I can share what infection it is biopsy is at least 3-4 days out and I’m concerned he won’t make it that long now after the heavy meds they’ve have him on his red blood cells have dropped to 26 from normal of 40 so auto immune and tonight I was told Mercer which is first time a vets mentioned it!? Just wanted to share man so maybe our southern vets may have dealt with it!?

You and Remi stay tuff!
Hopefully they will get it figured out tomorrow, and can move forward getting him well!!!

You're so welcome, we're happy to help! Praying they can get the ball rolling a little faster & get his treatment on track. I shared the campaign on Facebook hoping for more donations & maybe even some vet experience. One friend (a vet tech) mentioned MRSA...hopefully those test results can provide some insight ;)

Hey man just curious if any word on what ya showed ya sis? Culture/sensitivity test should be back tom or Tuesday so I can share what infection it is biopsy is at least 3-4 days out and I’m concerned he won’t make it that long now after the heavy meds they’ve have him on his red blood cells have dropped to 26 from normal of 40 so auto immune and tonight I was told Mercer which is first time a vets mentioned it!? Just wanted to share man so maybe our southern vets may have dealt with it!?
Sorry I haven't heard back from her. She had finals this week. I text her to see if she had found anything out yet. I'll let you know when i hear back.

My sister said they have no idea. I'm sorry that's no help. But hopefully some prayer and love will pull him through this.

Well sorta good news culture came back he has two major infections one is Mercer other is something rare that the vet has to order special meds for which as crazy expensive we got ahold of vt lab and should have biopsy in this week god willing! He ate today finally we’re having to move him back to the vet we’ve been using bc no way to pay the prices for him to stay the emergency vet hospital I had to take him to last night! Anyone know where a man can get the fluids they give dogs?? I can setup a IV at home if need be but I’m guessing all the stuff I’ll need I’ll have to buy through a vet clinic!?

I’m doing some research on the IV he could walk today and actually ran to me slowly when I picked him up. I just got home from taking him to the vet we were using previously for overnight stay there bc price is hundreds and hundreds less!! The overnight stay at town and country last night ended up costing $761 up front or he would have had to come home or be put down.. well then after me discussing with them not to do anything else without contacting me added $252 more dollars onto the bill... I told them that they have cameras and audio and it’ll show two employees, one being the vet, one being receptionist saying that nothing else would be done or charged without contacting me or Amanda and I wasn’t paying another dime considering he wasn’t there 24 hours anyway! So I demanded my dog told them to have their owner or auditor or whoever contact me or Amanda and I’d be more than happy to go over why I was charged but I had 25 mins to get to another town to get him hooked back up to IV for supportive care to get through tonight and it wasn’t up for discussions! I scared a few people but I got him home Ughh I’m slowly losing my patients with these money hungry places bc every place we’ve been seems more concerned with ya wallet then your pets well being but what is real shitty is that most of these vets actually care but are trained to get your money or they will be replaced by someone who can bring more money in from each patient, from my insider understanding... anywho!!

Talked with tech vet and biopsy will certainly be in tom and hope and pray it’s not any kind of lymphoma! Amanda will be updating the gofundme with where all the donations have been going and what’s ahead I’ll post up biopsy results soon as we have em and hopefully the new antibiotics for this specific infection will start clearing him up, Thank you all I can’t say it enough!! So hopefully few more weeks and we can have him back to normal crazy Remington!!

I’m doing some research on the IV he could walk today and actually ran to me slowly when I picked him up. I just got home from taking him to the vet we were using previously for overnight stay there bc price is hundreds and hundreds less!! The overnight stay at town and country last night ended up costing $761 up front or he would have had to come home or be put down.. well then after me discussing with them not to do anything else without contacting me added $252 more dollars onto the bill... I told them that they have cameras and audio and it’ll show two employees, one being the vet, one being receptionist saying that nothing else would be done or charged without contacting me or Amanda and I wasn’t paying another dime considering he wasn’t there 24 hours anyway! So I demanded my dog told them to have their owner or auditor or whoever contact me or Amanda and I’d be more than happy to go over why I was charged but I had 25 mins to get to another town to get him hooked back up to IV for supportive care to get through tonight and it wasn’t up for discussions! I scared a few people but I got him home Ughh I’m slowly losing my patients with these money hungry places bc every place we’ve been seems more concerned with ya wallet then your pets well being but what is real shitty is that most of these vets actually care but are trained to get your money or they will be replaced by someone who can bring more money in from each patient, from my insider understanding... anywho!!

Talked with tech vet and biopsy will certainly be in tom and hope and pray it’s not any kind of lymphoma! Amanda will be updating the gofundme with where all the donations have been going and what’s ahead I’ll post up biopsy results soon as we have em and hopefully the new antibiotics for this specific infection will start clearing him up, Thank you all I can’t say it enough!! So hopefully few more weeks and we can have him back to normal crazy Remington!!

I wish Remi and your family the best.
Stay strong for your pup and the family.

mrsa is no joke good luck.

Yeah bleach has become our houses main cleaning solution at this point, biopsy came back today also two diff types of skin infection one is a rare dermatitis and I’ve yet to find out about other bc I got off work late! Now he’s on his 3rd night in supportive care god only knows how many more tests need done from here they talking he needs to go to a dermatologist for most tests, bc vet says it’s something else going on besides three diff bacterial infections...? Im lost on all this And apparently very vet in NRV is also... I’m drained mentally tho this has taken its toll on myself bc I’ve tried to not have the family witness and deal with all the crap he’s gone through and it’s made me a little diff of a person than I was before in a few ways I do believe! I’ll update tom when I go to vet for my lunch break! Thank you all I seriously can’t say that enough!

Only way I know... it’s all in ya head and how you control it I’ve discovered over the years! So update remi is still in icu supportive care the 3 infections are severe and it resistant to antibiotics, wouldn’t be possible to Bring him home today this is his 5th day hooked up. I went to see him on lunch break and all the meds and infection have drained him physically. I had to carry him back in from taking him to get a urine sample bc his back legs couldn’t support his weight... all of this nasty shit is curable but it’s all so severe we don’t know how his body is going to react to it! I was in tears after seeing him today! Prayers for the pup and I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving I’m very thankful for NC4x4 and all of you amazing people over the years!!

Lengthy update

Hello everyone! I want to start this update off with a huge thank you to everyone who has shared and/or donated to our fundraiser. In the midst of the sadness we’ve been overwhelmed with gratitude thanks to each and every one of you.

As of now Remington is on his 6th night of stay at the Vet. After receiving his biopsy last Thursday he began to decline fairly quickly. On Sunday Chris took him to the emergency vet hospital while the boys and I were traveling back from a family wedding in North Carolina. They hooked began fluids, pain meds, and of course his antibiotics. This was his first time being at this particular vet, so they did an exam and shared their thoughts on what he may have with that and the information from prior vets. The following morning the vet who did the biopsy received the results from the culture and sensitivity test done along with the biopsy. It came back as two very resistant bacterial infections: MRSA and Pseudomonas aeruginosa. He began receiving Clyndamyacin for the MRSA shortly after those results came through. As for the Pseudomonas aeruginosa we were very limited on options. After much thought an antibiotic was chosen named Gentamicin. This is given through an IV every day. While taking it his kidney function/urine will have to be monitored daily. When he comes home we will be giving him those antibiotics as well as supplemental fluids. At this time we are trying to get those two infections tamed and ultimately cleared.

His next diagnosis is Pyogranulomatous Dermatitis and Pinniculitis. We are waiting for the dermatologist at Virginia Tech to return to work on Tuesday to look deeper into that and any other possible diagnosis he could have. Our vet believes there is still something else going on besides that. The above diagnosis can be treated with a daily immunosuppressive medication, which is good news. We are hoping that he responds well now that he’s on antibiotics shown to work for his specific bacterial infections, and that we will see improvement in the week(s) ahead.

Attached are photos from Monday’s visit.

This isn’t over yet. We do still need donations and/or shares. His Sunday night visit was $761 alone. We are looking at another $887 for his stint at the current vet. We will also have to pay for his meds and fluid therapy as well as the daily kidney testing. In a separate update I will be loading some photos of bills we have (both paid and due) so you all can see exactly what the money is being used for. Chris has a PayPal set up if anyone prefers that route. Again, we cannot thank each of you enough for all your support. God bless you! ♥️Click here to support Rally for Remi organized by Amanda Leah Rupert Pay Christopher Berry using PayPal.Me

Small update medicine seems to slowly be helping with the mrsa the other infections are gonna take way longer for results tho! Bad part of all the meds he is now deaf for some reason, vet is saying bc of fucking meds which wasn’t mentioned to me as being something that could/would happen with those Specific meds so I’m kindly in a rage bc every vet has mentioned how good his ears looked and now he can’t damn hear anything... please send prayers for our pup and the family this is taking its toll on all of us in more ways than I ever expected!

Back