RIP Remington! Thank you all!!

Sorry to hear this bud. Y'all fought hard. Those are some serious infections, common in hospital enviro. Strange how he got them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I again offer my condolences,
For what ever reason this breaks my heart.
I am sure it is nothing compared to what you and your family is feeling for your loss.
Thank you for fighting so hard for Remi, although I have never met you, I can tell you are a stand up guy.......
After looking at the pictures of Remi you posted, I did shed a few tears at the thought of losing him....
I hope the good memories of him soon outweigh the bad .....

Last edited:
Thank you all for the kind words and financial help it’s all I can do to not tear up when I walk in the house and he’s not beside beam barking at me and tail wagging! A lot harder than I ever dreamed bc I never thought this 4 yr old pup would be gone before my older dog beam! It’s hard to forget all his craziness he was always doing something to get our attention to get the tennis ball thrown! I don’t even know what to say in regards to everyone’s kindness and generosity it’s overwhelming really! I’ve not been online much in last 48 hours trying to stay busy bc my mind drifts off into thinking I could have done more but I know deep down we did all we could! @Tacoma747 He was a blue heeler/Australian shepherd “Texas heeler” is what they call em I think! He loved food and was a few pounds over weight but was pure muscle other wise his dad was full blood blue heeler and was 55lb his mom full blood shepherd at 60lbs

So we’ve received necropsy results it’s several pages of info and he had somehow contracted “multiple” other infections on top of the 3 he previously had when last culture was done orcthst culture wasn’t in depth enough apparently I don’t understand most of it it’s def not in layman’s terms I’ll post it up when off work!! Thank you all for everything we’ve got a good portion of these bills paid bc of this amazing community, couldn’t be prouder to be part of this forum/family for so many years!!

I’m sorry you had to go through this. I sent you a tiny bit of help via PayPal as well. I hope the latest test results helped you find a little bit of closure. RIP Remi.

I’m sorry you had to go through this. I sent you a tiny bit of help via PayPal as well. I hope the latest test results helped you find a little bit of closure. RIP Remi.
Thank you so much! I’m still trying to make it all out I’m meeting with the dr fri or sat to get it broken down and see why some of results are “possibilities” I’m assuming bc the other results haven’t came back yet! I greatly appreciate it and everyone!

Well Remington made it back home yesterday! Was sad to say the least and from what I’m gathering from doctors and everything there was no way to find out what started this bullshit from the beginning I’m trying to obtain blood samples so I can figure out how to get them to Brazil not sure if I can pull that off tho but a vet down there wants to do more tests on their own time to find root cause for future pets an owners.

Also the vet in sao poulo Brazil spoke with numerous diff dr and none has never seen anything like this where some of the worst skin diseases and infections thrive... smdh So still no closure to this for me which sucks I don’t want this happening to my other dog or anyone else’s animal so I’m damned to find out how it started I thought VT would be able to figure it out but in reality he was just another animal for em to study with minimum amount of resources spent bc I wasn’t paying for autopsy and that’s as far as that went I feel like...
thank you all for the help I’m planning to make something special in remembrance of Remington for the folks that have helped out in this terrible time bc you all have done so much I want to do something in return so i may be msging everyone for address/P.O. box unless I get to make a uwharrie trip early next year and then I’m coming to hand deliver it to y’all and thank y’all in person if possible!!! I’ll keep everyone up on this to be determined transport of blood to Brazil tho I’m sure it’s gonna be a pita to make happen but good lords watching over us so I’m staying positive and still realistic as hard as it is... thank you all!

Back