Round 2: Keepin' up with the Joneses, Mud Devils and Tony Woody

For sale... badass Ford ranger tube front clip with high clearance fenders and enough grinding dust to cast a new engine block.

I guess you could say things are getting pretty serious around here...

a64b2e4f73f8862c693299a2db8ef6a4.jpg

0ce271eaabf086644e3ac46c6a57c5b3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Also had to make a little mod to the axle truss up front to clear the radiator hose in an effort to get as much up travel as possible. Usually these have a tab sticking off the top with 3 or 4 bolts tying the diff cover to the truss. That wouldn’t work here so I had to improvise. Clearance is really tight between the bottom of the truss ant the top of the diff so this is what I came up with. The drivers side has a tube sleeve that runs from to back as a spreader with a long bolt. There wasn’t room underneath it for a nut so it had to pass all the way through. Overall it gained me another 1.25” of clearance.

bb97cd07ea0d4c7cf80bd3a25e593c12.jpg

730e71749a7ab688876000d51ea5ebf6.jpg

Pretty sure this build will buy braces for the kids as well as their first couple years of grad school.
That's cool with me. I don't have any to spend my $$$ on :D
I will gladly call you dady if you want to spend some on me....

Pretty sure this build will buy braces for the kids as well as their first couple years of grad school.

Wait.... did you have a budget??? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

F'n rub it in why don't ya!

Pretty sure those dogs of yours probably cost the same as my kids most days. Difference is, my kids can do the dishes, cut the grass, scrub toilets, bring me a frosty beverage of my choosing...

Pretty sure those dogs of yours probably cost the same as my kids most days. Difference is, my kids can do the dishes, cut the grass, scrub toilets, bring me a frosty beverage of my choosing...
You're not training your dog right!
beer.jpg plate.jpg toilet.jpg grass.jpg

Drivers side shock tower is mostly done. It’ll still get some bracing/gusseting to the panhard bracket up front.
Once the other side is in I’ll move on to the engine cage and figure out how the new aluminum radiator will to fit into the puzzle.

7ef0ea5431016a08b33a6e5b024b33ed.jpg

d154d704ceb5f1042862d23d9e610d9a.jpg

fc1a290e8bf0e423bc359725e2d9fb88.jpg

83ed8301141385bc011990411e436ed3.jpg

Drivers side shock tower is mostly done. It’ll still get some bracing/gusseting to the panhard bracket up front.
Once the other side is in I’ll move on to the engine cage and figure out how the new aluminum radiator will to fit into the puzzle.

7ef0ea5431016a08b33a6e5b024b33ed.jpg

d154d704ceb5f1042862d23d9e610d9a.jpg

fc1a290e8bf0e423bc359725e2d9fb88.jpg

83ed8301141385bc011990411e436ed3.jpg

By the time this thing gets done, you'll all but have a tube chassis. Pretty much similar to @D2320M's new-to-him buggy w/ ~4' of original frame left.

Killer work going on here - love keeping up w/ this and seeing the progress pics! This is what a build thread ought to be.

@rcalexander105 you're 100% correct. Thing is, I want a buggy, badly. In fact I already have it picked out. But until I have a shop at my own home, I won't go down that road. My shop now id 45 minutes away and I have zero interest in spending 1.5 hours a workday driving to finish it. When the shop is done, I'll get a chassis.
Until then, MarsFab is killing it!

EDIT: It only has like 4' of Ranger frame currently anyway. It's mostly toob chassis as is.

By the time this thing gets done, you'll all but have a tube chassis. Pretty much similar to @D2320M's new-to-him buggy w/ ~4' of original frame left.

Killer work going on here - love keeping up w/ this and seeing the progress pics! This is what a build thread ought to be.

Thanks man. In the last few years I’ve just let myself get busy to the point that it’s become a job and not something I enjoy. I still enjoy the work just don’t enjoy the stress of getting too much on my plate. I miss doing build threads and posting pics as things progress. There will be more from now on!

Thanks man. In the last few years I’ve just let myself get busy to the point that it’s become a job and not something I enjoy. I still enjoy the work just don’t enjoy the stress of getting too much on my plate. I miss doing build threads and posting pics as things progress. There will be more from now on!

@Chris_Keziah pay attention to these words of wisdom and don’t burn yourself out!

@MarsFab keep up the good work, but don’t forget to relax a little!

Back