Round 2: Keepin' up with the Joneses, Mud Devils and Tony Woody

@rcalexander105 you're 100% correct. Thing is, I want a buggy, badly.
Same! But I do love the looks of a "full bodied" truggy style rig like this - it's badass for sure! That said, I'm not even in the same ball park as y'all so I'll stay in my lane and keep on learning as I go w/ the 4runner, enjoy it w/ the fam and hope to get my boys interested in spending time in the woods w/ good friends. The quest for harder lines is real though and has certainly hit full force through my veins!

Lookin forward to seeing this thing out on the trails at some point, figure it'll be sooner or later w/ the heathens I'm running w/ these days.
Thanks man. In the last few years I’ve just let myself get busy to the point that it’s become a job and not something I enjoy. I still enjoy the work just don’t enjoy the stress of getting too much on my plate. I miss doing build threads and posting pics as things progress. There will be more from now on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think I speak for the vast majority of us when I say we're most certainly looking forward to it! Keep up the killer work!

By the time this thing gets done, you'll all but have a tube chassis. Pretty much similar to @D2320M's new-to-him buggy w/ ~4' of original frame left.

Killer work going on here - love keeping up w/ this and seeing the progress pics! This is what a build thread ought to be.

That's going to be a sick ride when its finished. Maybe we'll see it at the Ranch sometime soon.

That's going to be a sick ride when its finished. Maybe we'll see it at the Ranch sometime soon.

As long as the branches are trimmed back. Don't wanna scratch it or anything
44733.jpeg

Any of you guys have experience with LED’s from northern Tool? These triangular lights to be specific. I’m looking for something to mount beside the grill on this thing to clear the tires with the new wheelbase. These are a little pricey but I’d like to find something fairly easy to source if one gets broken in the future. The mount and surround I build for it will likely be proprietary so it needs to be something that doesn’t disappear from the market as soon as I use them.

947490eb3459724bdbe187a3eee383a0.jpg

Any of you guys have experience with LED’s from northern Tool? These triangular lights to be specific. I’m looking for something to mount beside the grill on this thing to clear the tires with the new wheelbase. These are a little pricey but I’d like to find something fairly easy to source if one gets broken in the future. The mount and surround I build for it will likely be proprietary so it needs to be something that doesn’t disappear from the market as soon as I use them.

947490eb3459724bdbe187a3eee383a0.jpg

No experience with those but when I saw them and read your post, I immediately thought of Bobcat skid steer LED replacement lights. Quick search gave me this...

LED Lights for Bobcat Equipment

Which appears to be those same lights. I'd say if they're meant for Bobcat skid steers then you'd be good to go w/ them not disappearing from the market considering the countless skids that are out there.

Yep that’s how northern advertises them. They have pictures of them on a bobcat

@rcalexander105 you're 100% correct. Thing is, I want a buggy, badly. In fact I already have it picked out. But until I have a shop at my own home, I won't go down that road. My shop now id 45 minutes away and I have zero interest in spending 1.5 hours a workday driving to finish it. When the shop is done, I'll get a chassis.
Until then, MarsFab is killing it!

EDIT: It only has like 4' of Ranger frame currently anyway. It's mostly toob chassis as is.

This is why my 13 year old rig keeps getting bandaged back together and beat on regularly. Shop is 45 min away and no garage even at the house here in Camden.

As long as the branches are trimmed back. Don't wanna scratch it or anything
View attachment 329335
Hey its my goffy ass and my rig....

More on that panhard/shock tower tie in...

My CNC table is great but sometimes it’s more trouble than just breaking out some template paper and the bandsaw.

For some reason it seems like every front suspension I build I end up dedicating more time to the panhard mounts than any other part of the build.

Start to finish....
9a295a2ca5c231ecea9f2acdd7f67c71.jpg

06152d083f8e11c50dc82357b7f52249.jpg

cfd27146aea735b104c38a393b248af9.jpg

135aee249a8a5205f5196c6f1565315f.jpg

2a3eeec45222918a0876e6d3e51af193.jpg

f87d10f93e6e832d0188c814992ee4d7.jpg

cb5c57f3283b30bcac2f51d08a10b495.jpg

Can I get some cad drawings of what you are planning to do next.
Maybe a solid works model?
And a few legos and crayons to boot.

Can I get some cad drawings of what you are planning to do next.
Maybe a solid works model?
And a few legos and crayons to boot.
'Bomber track bar '...[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

You trying to be first to market with a new original idea???
I'm just hoping to scare the Ampudia Bros away with my evolution...

a grumper bumper on your ranger :)
This already sounds like something Logan and McCracken would do to Jody himself once he passes out after crashing some random wedding

Back