Round 2: Keepin' up with the Joneses, Mud Devils and Tony Woody

Could be a thing for sure.
Under 10 volts during cranking I wouldn't bother.

Needs a good battery.

I support this as well. On the CJ5 the Sniper did not want to refire until I put the battery on a trickle charger as it had drained down a bit during the engine swap. Overnight on the charger, fired right up. Even when it gets down below 11 its not happy and will take a few extra revolutions to fire over.

dumb question.
Hows the battery?

Im throwing shit at the wall and haven't dove in to diagrams on this. But Ive seen issues before (even on very expensive industrial equipment) where a sensor has a very tight voltage tolerance and drops out due to voltage sag while cranking. Wonder the operatign range of the cam sensor
New battery, 12.5 static, never drops below 11.6 cranking, has had a charger hooked to it while cranking as well

Same thing happened with Megasquirt if voltage was less than 10
Yep. As I stated before Holley is very finicky with voltage, have seen a few shut down due to fans and etc in the heat. Obviously there is a power issue but sucks for it to kill out in traffic. I chased a sniper kit no start for a minute that was ultimately a good but weak battery. My fitech will hit on any voltage

Just about ready to toss in a set of 30# injectors I have on the shelf. Wondering if the ones in the rail got clogged up while it sat?
I mean, at this point, it's gonna be something funky.

Just about ready to toss in a set of 30# injectors I have on the shelf. Wondering if the ones in the rail got clogged up while it sat?
Order an injector cleaner off Amazon, basically a plunger that goes onto some carb clean and alligator clips to a 12v source. I always clean out any that have sat. Works well. Can back flush if it’s clogged.

Attachments

• 69747643-723F-464A-A941-94A423C40E65.png
    69747643-723F-464A-A941-94A423C40E65.png
    262.4 KB · Views: 46
Decent chance especially since you mentioned the fuel lines being hard. ethanol gas sitting that long has done it before. Finger crossed for ya.

I've ventured out into the land of FB Ford specific Terminator tech pages. this doesn't help at all because FORD, so I am doing what I should of done already and LS swapping this bitch, and using my preschool colors codes to hook up the 4 wires that make it run
😬🖕🏿

I have nothing to add and am no help with Ford shit sorry

Last edited:
Stupid thing still wont fire.
Swapped in a spare set of injectors this evening and nothing. Cranks fast, has strong spark, has injector pulse, has 185 compression, has fuel pressure, but won't do more than spit and sputter. Does the same off starting fluid. Ugggghhhhh
There's gotta be something up with the software and/or initial tune Holley provides

Stupid thing still wont fire.
Swapped in a spare set of injectors this evening and nothing. Cranks fast, has strong spark, has injector pulse, has 185 compression, has fuel pressure, but won't do more than spit and sputter. Does the same off starting fluid. Ugggghhhhh
There's gotta be something up with the software and/or initial tune Holley provides
have you revisited the grounds?

you could add a dedicated ground from the alternator mount bracket back to the battery, alternator is probably the noisiest thing in an engine bay, mid 2000s superduty fords with gas engines used to have a special radio station filter called alternator noise

So Barney shit here but have you verified timing and “true” TDC (not just what the marks on the crank tell you is TDC)? It just sounds like timing is not happy to make all the electro-digital things link up to go bang.

So Barney shit here but have you verified timing and “true” TDC (not just what the marks on the crank tell you is TDC)? It just sounds like timing is not happy to make all the electro-digital things link up to go bang.
Yup. Pulled valve cover and verified valves were/are closed
I may just paint it, leave in the shop and stare at it

This is the same thing that happens in a LS swap when the vats are not turned off in the ECM

It has to be in the tune, or some security something is triggering it to not fully fire

Does Holley allow you to data log without it running? I had a whole bunch on cranking-only logs before I figured out a no start issue with my microsquirt.

Does Holley allow you to data log without it running? I had a whole bunch on cranking-only logs before I figured out a no start issue with my microsquirt.
Yes

This is the same thing that happens in a LS swap when the vats are not turned off in the ECM

It has to be in the tune, or some security something is triggering it to not fully fire
Completely different problem.

Back