Round 2: Keepin' up with the Joneses, Mud Devils and Tony Woody

@Jody Treadway

Sounds like injector refresh time when you change the hoses every couple of years. Should be sufficient!

Or....4BT swap? :D Oooh, better yet, a Benz OM606. The 2JZ of the diesel world. I know you like the skinny pedal!

@Jody Treadway

Sounds like injector refresh time when you change the hoses every couple of years. Should be sufficient!

Or....4BT swap? :D Oooh, better yet, a Benz OM606. The 2JZ of the diesel world. I know you like the skinny pedal!
My son wants to put the OM606 out of his wrecked 99 in the MJ behind my shop. With Dieselpuk goodies of course.

True. I do swap my hoses every couple of years to be safe. If you buy it in bulk and use the same size on everything, it's not too costly at all.
I had the blue "fuel" hose go bad in just 5 years. It didn't look bad until I touched it and then it slowly leaked 7 gallons of gas on the attached garage floor. The wife still gives me shit over that and now I have a giant unsealed spot on my floor.

Damn...money bags over here has sealed concrete.

Next you're going to tell me it has a vapor barrier underneath it and a smooth finish!

:D

Had a couple of hours after work today to start on the tranny swap. Old C6 is fine, just starting to show age. It's a bone stock Bronco C6 from like 1983. I did swap converters years ago. But the internals are all OEM.
New one is a Fritts Performance full build. All the high performance goodies, better servo, manual valve body, blueprinted front pump, etc. Certainly a great upgrade. While had the trans out, I swapped in a SFI heavier duty flex plate and ARP hardware.
I got a lot going on the next week, but I'll try to stab the new one in soon.
Found a worn universal joint in the rear (1350) and all the skids need a good pressure wash.
If you ever wondered how to make a small cubic inch V8 twist up quickly...that little converter sure helps šŸ˜‰
PXL_20240919_221353222.jpg
PXL_20240919_221413393.MP~2.jpg
PXL_20240919_221401136.jpg

Back