Round 2: Keepin' up with the Joneses, Mud Devils and Tony Woody

Just run a hose from the exhaust pipe of a running vehicle into the gas tank. Weld it. CO/ Co2 will neutral the fumes. No ka-blooey. Supposedly according to my professor at utubeUniverstiy.
I'm just joking around.
Truck's running like a champ. Too bad it's gonna rain out the weekend 😞

Fox Body Restoration rebuilt my PCM and gave it the thumbs up. I've been running it on my spare so I'll install this one and wait for the next trip 🤘
PXL_20240912_201324877.jpg

Wonder if periodic injector cleanings would be a good idea.

Probably. My thinking is based on variables from where you get gas and the inevitable times that it sits. Although, if you consistently park it in your own way and HAVE to move it to access something else, that helps with getting some run time and keeping things cleaned out/functional :D

I'm sure the fuel tank/cell has a vent and I'd bet it's setup just as it should be, but I do wonder if somehow it still gets dust or debris in there. I'm sure it gets run through some nasty stuff!

Do you have a spare set of identical injectors you can swap out (while sending one set to be cleaned) and keep on hand? Other than that, I'd say always leave it full of gas when you park it and maybe run some fuel system cleaner through it occasionally. 🤷‍♂️

Perhaps there's a way to filter the gas before it goes in the truck?

Probably. My thinking is based on variables from where you get gas and the inevitable times that it sits. Although, if you consistently park it in your own way and HAVE to move it to access something else, that helps with getting some run time and keeping things cleaned out/functional :D

I'm sure the fuel tank/cell has a vent and I'd bet it's setup just as it should be, but I do wonder if somehow it still gets dust or debris in there. I'm sure it gets run through some nasty stuff!

Do you have a spare set of identical injectors you can swap out (while sending one set to be cleaned) and keep on hand? Other than that, I'd say always leave it full of gas when you park it and maybe run some fuel system cleaner through it occasionally. 🤷‍♂️

Perhaps there's a way to filter the gas before it goes in the truck?
I do have a spare set of 30# from my drag racing days. But they're way too big for an N/A application like I run. I'm pretty sure my old filter was a main issue being 40 micron. Definitely gonna be more on top of getting fuel at better stations and bringing some with me when I can.

You're likely on to something there. If you can keep the crud from getting to them to begin with, they'll stay clean. Not saying I couldn't have benefited from it, but I don't recall ever *needing* to have a set of injectors cleaned.

I think I'm currently dealing with something similar on my RZR. We shall see!

I do have a spare set of 30# from my drag racing days. But they're way too big for an N/A application like I run. I'm pretty sure my old filter was a main issue being 40 micron. Definitely gonna be more on top of getting fuel at better stations and bringing some with me when I can.
All I'm reading here is boost is the cure

Back