Round 2: Keepin' up with the Joneses, Mud Devils and Tony Woody

Just realised I didn't update after my trip to the GER in July.
Well, what a trip :rolleyes:
Got there on the evening of the 3rd and met up with @thebrotherinlaw and my sister. They had been wheeling all day.
Got up on the 4th, ready to hit the trails! Truck seems a little hard to start and kinda sluggish. Made it to Cripple Creek and it gradually got worse and worse. Was definitely way down on power. We ran CC w/o issue and headed over to Wolverine, Upper CC and the playground to the right. Ran them all w/o issue as well, just way down on power.
Wife got back from a run at Summerville Lake and we all headed back out. Hit the rock garden behind the cabins and over towards Keyhole. Took a lunch break where I started to diagnose the lack of power.
#2 and #6 were dead. Plenty of compression, has spark, has injector pulse not contributing. Suspect a bad PCM. Pulled the computer out and took off the cover. Found a capacitor broken off one leg.
Oh joy.
Couldn't find a used A9L PCM anywhere. Put it back together and wheeled all I could until it was just plain too down on power.
We spent the 5th sightseeing and stuff at the Gorge before heading home.
I had a spare PCM at home. Plugged it in w/o much improvement. Said a couple not nice words and let her sit for a bit.
So that brings me to present day. I shipped my PCM off to be rebuilt at Fox Restoration in Locust. Shipped the injectors to Race City for a good cleaning and flow testing.
This all started when I got a bad tank of fuel at Circle K on the way to Gulches back in June. I drained the tank, cleaned filters, etc. But some debris must have gotten in the injectors.
Maybe the capacitor in the PCM controls something else, who knows.
Either way, next week I'll have known good injectors, PCM and my new transmission will be here.

Got a text from Race City Injector this evening totally unannounced.
Sounds like multiple clogged injectors was the culprit. Weird because I have the sock on the pump and a 10 micron screen on the filter. All pre-rail.
Either way, hoping no piston damage from lean conditions.
Screenshot_20240825-191831.png

Back