Round 2: Keepin' up with the Joneses, Mud Devils and Tony Woody

Whatever happened to the KY chassis or did I just dream that up?

Whatever happened to the KY chassis or did I just dream that up?

It's still gonna happen. But after I build a shop here on my own land. I hope to start on it this fall.
By the time it's done, I'll be ready to tear down my Ranger and transplant it all into the Evo chassis...
Horse before the cart sorta thing.

Started cutting up the rear cargo area last night. The plan is to install a much larger bladder style cell to get more weight behind the axle and also to give me more fuel reserve on weekends.
My old cell was a 15 gallon aluminum and I would go through around 10 gallons in a full day. It was also located forward of the rear axle. This combined with poor weight distribution, made steep downhill decents somewhat unnerving. With the cell in the rear most portion of the chassis, that will allow me to make specific mounts for my Action Packer, tool box and cooler where the cell once mounted.
Going to drop off the cell at Ujoint Offroad this afternoon so they can cut some custom mounts on their plasma table.
Hopefully I will start on the toolbox and storage fabrication tomorrow ahead of the brackets coming back from UJOR.
round4.jpg

Last edited:
So you went from 40” sticky Treps to 43” SX sticky’s and now to 42” trep sticky’s

Let’s here the breakdown and why?
In order
37 sticky Treps: Were on it when I bought it. On 6 lug wheels. Sold wheels and tires when I installed tons.
40" sticky Treps: Traded a friend 4 brand new 39 Krawlers for 5 of the Treps. They had 1 lap at KOH on them. Loved them.
40" sticky Nittos: I was asked to run them for an article that Driving Line wanted to do on my truck. Great for rocks or dry terrain, sucked if wet.
43" sticky SX: Buddy of mine was buying a new set and made me a deal on 4 tires on Racelines that I couldn't pass up. After seeing those exact tires kick butt at Chocco, I wanted them. They worked great, but heavy!
42" sticky Treps: I listed my 43s and Racelines for more than I paid for them 2 years ago and had buyers for both quickly. At the same time, Dirty Life wheels had approached a vendor looking for a rig to promote them. Same vendor made me a heck of a deal on the tires too. My truck works best with Treps out of all the different tires I have used.

Also, no kids, made some good choices, good job, if I want them, I get them.

Last edited:
In order
37 sticky Treps: Were on it when I bought it. On 6 lug wheels. Sold wheels and tires when I installed tons.
40" sticky Treps: Traded a friend 4 brand new 39 Krawlers for 5 of the Treps. They had 1 lap at KOH on them. Loved them.
40" sticky Nittos: I was asked to run them for an article that Driving Line wanted to do on my truck. Great rocks on dry terrain, sucked if wet.
43" sticky SX: Buddy of mine was buying a new set and made me a deal on 4 tires on Racelines that I couldn't pass up. After seeing those exact tires kick butt at Chocco, I wanted them. They worked great, but heavy!
42" sticky Treps: I listed my 43s and Racelines for more than I paid for them 2 years ago and had buyers for both quickly. At the same time, Dirty Life wheels had approached a vendor looking for a rig to promote them. Same vendor made me a heck of a deal on the tires too. My truck works best with Treps out of all the different tires I have used.

Also, no kids, made some good choices, good job, if I want them, I get them.

So have you ran BFG 39s sticky Krawlers? If so, would you say that the price of a set of 40” sticky Treps is worth the difference? They’re about $800 more expensive from my research.

P.S... Asking for a friend, I’m not getting new tires...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So have you ran BFG 39s sticky Krawlers? If so, would you say that the price of a set of 40” sticky Treps is worth the difference? They’re about $800 more expensive from my research.

Asking for a friend, I’m not getting new tires...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have in the past. I am still in the BFG race team tire group, so I get pretty stupid deals on them. At the time, I got the 4 Krawlers I traded for around $1800 shipped. So I traded them for $3300 worth of Treps.
I'll trade if I come out ahead.
On the rigs I have run each on, Treps are better all the way around but Krawlers are unsurpassed on the rocks.

Ok so you have seen my pig wheel some what do you think would well work on it? Treps, Krawlers, or Swampers? Or not even going to guess?

For yours, sticky Swampers or Treps IMO.
Wait until the new sizes come out and you'll start seeing the 43s go down in price on the used market.
Yea I was thinking sticky Swampers and it's what I want some day.

Your probably right, but I am leaning towards the Mickey Thompson 43” sticky
2 weeks ago I was in a line of rigs with 42 Treps, 43 Mickeys, 43 SX and 39 Reds
They all did well. The Mickeys dug in like nobody's business. The SXs did what they always do and my Treps and my buddy's Reds stuck to the rocks very well!

It has been confirmed that there will be a sticky 40" sx2 starting this fall......
Only downside is they are supposed to be 17" wide.

Back