selling your rig? not here unless you're popular...

Alot of people gave you opions on your doubler... We have been there done that.

I will go further and "run the numbers" as why it is harder on parts real simple math.

225 ft-lbs torq from motor
X
2.74 first gear in trans
X
2.72 low range tcase 1
X
2.72 low range tcase 2
X
4.10 diff
=
18,708 ft lbs of torq divded by 2 for the open diff eqauls
9354 ft lbs of torq on your u joint...

A 760x spicer is rated for 5400 ft lbs
A 297 is 4600 ft lbs...

So yes you can wheel it but sneeze and tap the gas at the wrong time and you have almost doubled the torq on that ujoint open diff.... No lock the diff and you are almost 4 times the torq....

You can dump $$$$$$ money in a rig for your purpose but some one else sees it as a waste of money. I would like to see you in the trail and see what how it does..

If it's such a great rig, why sell it?.................Maybe ASU would by it and the mascot could drive it into the football stadium and chase the other teams mascot around the sidelines:burnout:

If it's such a great rig, why sell it?.................Maybe ASU would by it and the mascot could drive it into the football stadium and chase the other teams mascot around the sidelines:burnout:
yo dude.....you missed the pic earlier....that jeep got sold long while back and the guy is very pleased with it FYI, my jeep now is way better built than that one

ok ok ok people, i think some are getting way to personal here............I SAID AT THE BEGINNING THAT THIS WAS JUST CHATTER AND BOREDOM....... take it easy guys......that's what I'm always told.......no need for anyone's panties to be in a wod now

I've sold a rig here.
I've met very few people off here.

Mabey your junk is just over priced.
you obviously haven't looked at my price and work done to it compared to others with half the work to it and more $, and JUNK, well my JUNK will run over that yota of yours any day buddy so lets not go that route of "junk" here, nobody said nothing about your POS Yota, don't get me started on JUnk

Everyone is trying to tell you there's no favorites, just no one likes your Jeep. That's why no one has posted on your thread. You're gonna have to find another guy like the one that bought the yellow Jeep. There's one person that will buy it, just probably not on this board.

You get mad and it makes it more fun for everyone...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

that's where people go wrong is when you start calling peoples trucks/jeeps JUNK, put your pedal where you mouth is next time you come to Richlands.....................................and lets do a TUG-OF-War with your yota and my JUNK.......see how far you get>>>>>>

Everyone is trying to tell you there's no favorites, just no one likes your Jeep. That's why no one has posted on your thread. You're gonna have to find another guy like the one that bought the yellow Jeep. There's one person that will buy it, just probably not on this board.

You get mad and it makes it more fun for everyone...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Yeah I know

Nobody likes me, everybody hates me,
I think I'll go eat worms!
Big fat juicy ones,
Eensie weensy squeensy ones,
See how they wiggle and squirm!
Down goes the first one, down goes the second one,
Oh how they wiggle and squirm!
Up comes the first one, up comes the second one,
Oh how they wiggle and squirm!
I bite off the heads, and suck out the juice,
And throw the skins away!
Nobody knows how fat I grow,
On worms three times a day!
Nobody likes me, everybody hates me,
I think I'll go eat worms!
Big fat juicy ones,
Eensie weensy squeensy ones,
See how they wiggle and squirm!

Go back and read the torque #'s that snappy posted. Your joints will break and he will drag your busted ass all over the country.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I'd love to wheel with you 88jeepster.

But Richland Rd isn't really wheeling. That's where I take my kids for a picnic.

Let's get our Jeeps out on some real rocks and have some fun.

I'll take some pics of your rig wheeling, since it appears you don't have any.

My girlfriend wheels her Liberty there. That place is hard core.....:rolleyes:

:popcorn:

I'd love to wheel with you 88jeepster.

But Richland Rd isn't really wheeling. That's where I take my kids for a picnic.

Let's get our Jeeps out on some real rocks and have some fun.

I'll take some pics of your rig wheeling, since it appears you don't have any.
ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!key word of why I don't brake my jeeps and keep on wheeling with my tires and doubler and stock axles. you guys always think everything is a rock crawler. who wants to crawl over rocks that just brakes or rolls you over anyways, rocks are for RICH guys I've always said cause you gotta have money and a well built rig to handle them...this I know....but regular old trail riding through the woods with all other stuff is off-roading....and that people any XJ stock or built will handle just fine with the right mindset behind it.....so stop comparing everything and everyone to yalls damn rock crawler....

I had to drive an XJ in the 80s for a while, work truck, and I hated it because the narrowness of the legroom made it hard to drive w big boots on and had my balls being squeezed while driving it cause i could'nt spead me legs much at all, very uncomfortable on hot humid days. I remember I would open the door and hang a leg out when sitting in it to eat lunch or do paperwork.

Go back and read the torque #'s that snappy posted. Your joints will break and he will drag your busted ass all over the country.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
GOOD thing he lives in Boone too, so yall set up the time and place to do a tug a war with his yota and my jeep and I'll put a pinks on it!!!!!!!!!!!

I had to drive an XJ in the 80s for a while, work truck, and I hated it because the narrowness of the legroom made it hard to drive w big boots on and had my balls being squeezed while driving it cause i could'nt spead me legs much at all, very uncomfortable on hot humid days. I remember I would open the door and hang a leg out when sitting in it to eat lunch or do paperwork.
now yeah, that's what XJs really really suck at

hey I would make sure he's up for it before yall set up the mans truck for an embarrassment....he he he i'm dying of laughter, little pony yota motor vs. Jeep torque horse 4.0L with welded rear, 7.9ish Crawl ratio, and 38"swampers..........now that's funny yall you got me, just for that comment I'll leave this tread cause a good laugh like that is enough for me to move on to better educated and opinionated threads.

Back