Shipping a vehicle V3.0

GONOVRIT

blue collar brotherhood
What an absolute nightmare. I need to get a stock vehicle from Oregon to me. I know what kind of shit show this is now. I’ve made the mistake of getting online quotes already. Has anyone used someone trustworthy lately?

Not much useful to add on your actual question, but a thought nonetheless. Being it's that time of year, have you thought about trying to get it to KOH and then trying to get somebody to bring it back this way from there? Probably a longshot but just a thought.

Haha, oregon. Who have you tried so far?
Lots of online places, they’re all just brokers. I don’t mind flying and driving it back but my schedule, flight schedules and actual location of the vehicle are very difficult to line up. I’ve been looking into that.

It's been like 6-7 years since I did it, but I got hooked up with a guy recommended by a local (to where the vehicle was - WA state, IIRC) offroad shop. May not hurt to see if you can find a 4x4 or hotrod shop that would be familiar with shipping customer vehicles around the country and see if they have a guy.

no idea how reasonable they were but Ive got a card here on the desk from Pilot transport.
They did a lot of stuff with the HRPT and shipped cars in and out

Lots of online places, they’re all just brokers. I don’t mind flying and driving it back but my schedule, flight schedules and actual location of the vehicle are very difficult to line up. I’ve been looking into that.
Payback retired vet to fly out and drive it back

Look up Freighter Jim's Travels on FB he's all over the place and is always advertising spare room from one point to another.

I use King of Freight for LTL and hot shot
type shipments at work. They, like most, are just brokers.
Getting ahold of an actual company owner/operator would be best obvy.
But, trucking rates are super high these days between the new ELD mandates and demand for legitimate trucking companies.
Be prepared for serious sticker shock.
Paying someone to drive it back and buying them a plane ticket home sounds pretty good IMO.

This vehicle is in Klamath Falls, OR. Over 2600 miles from me. I’ve gotten quotes from $1200-$2050 and it seems no one can guarantee their price.

Lots and lots of stuff ships to and from Cali. OR? Not so much ...

im just pissed we have no clue what the vehicle is and no pictures
Yeah!

Show us what you're buying so we can make the determination on whether or not it's worth shipping back east. If we deem it worthy, we'll also tell you how much you should spend to get it here.

Yeah!

Show us what you're buying so we can make the determination on whether or not it's worth shipping back east. If we deem it worthy, we'll also tell you how much you should spend to get it here.
Right on point though. Very rarely is anything ever worth west coast prices, especially factoring in shipping. Unless it's a "dirty diesel" that ca is banning.

This vehicle is in Klamath Falls, OR. Over 2600 miles from me. I’ve gotten quotes from $1200-$2050 and it seems no one can guarantee their price.

As a background for this, I work for a huge car OEM and handle shipping of cars regularly. We're talking several thousands of units/months. And despite that we cannot get firm prices for more than a quarter. The market is very volatile these days.

Just to say that big, reputable transport companies do not want your business as an individual with a single car to move, so they'll give you a FU price.

If you absolutely want it delivered, I'd call the closest exotic car dealership to you and as they usually are familiar with shipping lambos and such across country not to rack physical miles on the units.

Back