Snowpocalypse!

Hard snowing here, it’s 22* on the porch so 20* in the yard. It’s that very small dry powdery snow. It may get as deep as they said but I really doubt it.

I texted my cousin in Canton. Curious to see how much snow they have.

Craven county brined the roads 3 days ago like we were going to get snow. Ha! Yeah, right.

Snowing in Greensboro, good thing I made it in today, none of my employees showed up :shaking:

0116220818a.jpg
0116220818.jpg

Welp, just got serious. High voltage power line down across the road arcing and burning. I'm glad everything is wet. Our local power company and FD has been called.
View attachment 365212

VFD says "enjoy the fireworks display til the power company shows up." Cheers to that! 😂
IMG_20220116_085328.jpg

Less than an inch of snow in Mebane & it just changed over to sleet around 9:30. Forecast is calling for it to change over to freezing rain around 10 am and continuing until 3 pm. Then its supposed to change to rain and the temps are supposed to be above freezing. We’ll see how it goes.

Bigger flakes now so adding up quicker. I hope the ice stays away.

Last edited:
7-8" of snow, been blowing hard, I have about 2 1/2" on my back porch, maybe 1/2" on the front, Everything is white! Some sleet and freezing rain ever now and then. My new pooch "Buddy" had to be pushed through the doorway to go potty. Took all of 30 seconds and he was out in it, hopping like a rabbit, doing his Zoomies as best he could.

Back