Sons trailer build

Them fireball squares are awesome and make somethings stupid simple. Nice job by the young man!

Any bracing going under the front corners to tie back into the trailer?

Edit.... nevermind I think I see some triangles, šŸ˜†
Yup he added braces šŸ˜€

He still add it

New weed Wacker mount and back pack mount

20241013_173853.jpg
20241013_173906.jpg
20241013_173914.jpg

Them fireball squares are awesome and make somethings stupid simple. Nice job by the young man!

Any bracing going under the front corners to tie back into the trailer?

Edit.... nevermind I think I see some triangles, šŸ˜†
@BRUISER @WARRIORWELDING do those tools hold the metal with the threaded holes and some sort of clamp? I have used cheap magnets for years and hate how they collect shavings. @BRUISER ier great job you and your better half raised him right!

@BRUISER @WARRIORWELDING do those tools hold the metal with the threaded holes and some sort of clamp? I have used cheap magnets for years and hate how they collect shavings. @BRUISER ier great job you and your better half raised him right!
Yes they do have attachments for the threaded holes. He just used them so he could see it being straight or not. He would tack each piece and than use them to check square.

These are aluminum ones, so they are nice and light.

Fire ball has a got sale pitch on them. They come with tabs for the holes. Tabs can add a flat plane to lay metal on and then but to the square surface. Sales pitch is making up for wavy tables or non uniform surfaces. I've used mine rarely. Used them more just to add another shoulder to for better fast framing up square.

How old is he? Pretty impressive, tell him to keep building, keep learning and keep aiming higher, he's going to do well.
he is 16

When i got home he said painting expanded metal with a paint brush was terrible :)

When i got home he said painting expanded metal with a paint brush was terrible :)
Foam roller! Squish it tight and full coverage in two swipes. Aerosol and spray methods waste 90 percent of the paint or more.

Edit:Foam, not any of the other "hairy" rollers....to much of the roller gets cut and hung up in the expanded metal.

Back