Stock market

Ee9ortKWkAQsdVQ.png

Doesn’t seem like a lot of activity like there was before but I’m curious how many are still holding funds, already tossed them in, waiting for a dip etc... I try to gauge things quarterly as bonuses come out but I feel with how much gain the markets had recently, it may be best to hold for a dip. Curious on people’s opinions/insight here

Doesn’t seem like a lot of activity like there was before but I’m curious how many are still holding funds, already tossed them in, waiting for a dip etc... I try to gauge things quarterly as bonuses come out but I feel with how much gain the markets had recently, it may be best to hold for a dip. Curious on people’s opinions/insight here

This is just my half-ass thoughts, not much basis in them.

Apple and Tesla have 4-1 and 5-1 splits coming on 8/31. I really haven't researched it at all, but I'm sure price has ramped up since they announced the upcoming splits. My guess is you might see both fall some post-split by end of week or the next as the price stabilizes/normalizes. Maybe by Friday I might pick up some of each. Not to hang on to for long...especially the Tesla (I don't trust Musk to not bankrupt another company and take the money and run). Just ride it up for a few months.

Otherwise, I think you've missed the good run-up. I'm not planning on buying much else until after the elections, and that will depend on the outcome. Biden, I'll need the cash handy. Trump, we'll probably keep growing and expanding as we continue to recover from Covid. Unless something else comes along.

I'm waiting for a pull back. I think the US will have a double dip recession and the market will go back down.

It has begun. The bubble has popped.

I’ve made a good amount on this last rally, knowing at some point it’ll go back down and I’ll double down again like I did March and June. Guess was curious to hear others plans. I have no plans on buying right now. But being ready is key in my opinion. Im trying to stay away from individual stocks and sticking to mutual funds. They’ve been really good to last few years with returns over 20%+++ yearly.

I got some cash that's itching to go to work, but most of it will wait until November (or more likely, January 6th). Still going to play the Apple/Tesla splits short-term, have standing buy orders in at 105 and 390 if they sink that low this week or next.

I am assuming vehicles are included in that deficit which shouldn’t be a surprise in the deficit rising. Tons of manufacturers have had crazy incentives, even 0% over 84 months, deferred first payments for 60-90 days etc... while this is an issue, it’s this type of reporting that is skewed. Not trying to take away from the major issue but when reporting trade deficits, there should be a some context behind it which this article fails to do

Does anyone know how long it takes once a company applies to uplist before it gets approved or not?

A 10% to 15% market correction would be healthy right now, long-time bull Ed Yardeni says

A 10% correction would take the S&P 500 down to about 3226.

A 15% correction would take the S&P 500 down to about 3046.

A correction to those levels seems to be the general consensus among the articles that I have read. Another article mentioned that it might dip to the 200 day MA (3,093), but suspected that level should hold. One other article mentioned that there should be significant resistance around the 3,200 level.

From the article above:
Yardeni expects it’ll last days instead of weeks or months, and usher in a leadership change.

Back