Tank-less Water heater Vs. Traditional Water Heater

This interests me because moving heat is much cheaper than creating it.

The question is - where is your WH? If it's inside the house, you're just shifting heating/cooling load.

TOH also pimped those high efficiency condensing boilers which they now say are crap. TOH can be a fun show to watch, but their relationship with advertisers has always been problematic.

Learned something on this topic recently don't forget your permit....

I had no idea how much shit NC requires you to take Permits for. Water heaters are one of them technically. Unless work is performed by a certified installer. you need a permit to change a damn water heater in NC... :laughing:

Apparently,
I have committed many..... many.... code violations.

If there is no record of what was there... if there is no way for them to know... wtf would I go ask for a permit...
Land of the Fee, Home of the Slave
2022 Disclaimer: (Commerical slave)

My moms tankless heaters are somewhere around 8/9 years old. She said she's never had them maintained or anything, so I called the plumber to ask about it. He told me that if it's been longer than five years since they've been installed or descaled that they won't do it unless we sign a waiver stating that they aren't liable for any failures afterwards, stating the mineral deposits get so big they won't break down properly and could clog the system.

I understand the concept of what he's saying, but is it a big enough risk that we should just let it ride until it fails at this point?

is it a big enough risk that we should just let it ride until it fails at this point?
Just like an auto tranny, if it's NEVER been serviced, don't touch it till it dies completely. She's already gotten more years from a tankless than average

Mine is around 10 years old. I didn't know cleaning it was a thing until about 7 years in. I did it myself. Nothing bad happened. It's still rocking on. I should prob do it again now..

Back