The 2nd annual get together 9/18/21

Well...

Dunit.

Dunit.

Hmm, what other excuses do I have...
Need to clean grease and oil off of trailer.
Need to do some sheet metal work so that the D300 cable shifters are actually connected to something instead of just flopping around.
Need to pull the rear wheels and retorque the spacers, then reinstall and torque the wheels.
Need to secure cable shifters and loose wires under jeep.
Need to put a new battery in it.
Need to not worry about how much everything is leaking because it'll be a'ight.
Need to load everything on the trailer and get it strapped down.

Can't camp out, but if I can get everything on that list done, I might just make my way for the day out towards Uwharrie tomorrie.
I'm rolling out at 0800.

I'm rolling out at 0800.
My plan is to roll out earlier than that. I have another stop to make along the way. However, the most likely scenario is that I will be up til 3am working on the jeep and will sleep til 9am and then head out around 9:30-10ish, get 2 flats on the trailer, blow up the cummings, and never even make it :laughing:

You've got 17.5s on the trailer and 19.5s on the truck, right? You'll be fine.

Rolling out..
F4AE5EE7-22E6-4F21-AF0C-14781064FC67.jpeg

My plan is to roll out earlier than that. I have another stop to make along the way. However, the most likely scenario is that I will be up til 3am working on the jeep and will sleep til 9am and then head out around 9:30-10ish, get 2 flats on the trailer, blow up the cummings, and never even make it :laughing:
I thought you didn't get up that early on weekends?? I got a lot of grief about the 0800 departure time from the boss. Not sure what she was thinking would happen.

COVID is trying to change my plans for coming. Had to get my oldest tested today, so hopefully the results will be back tomorrow morning, and I can come in the afternoon.

BUNNY TRAIL GROUP!

10am meet up at camp. Look for the white overlander rubi (blame that on Matt) and my black 4 door jk previously pictured in this thread. We can go from there to the outpost for anyone that needs passes, air down and load up on snacks or whatnot. From there we will ride. My (wifes) jeep isn't super well equipped but I will have basic recovery gear and it's got a winch. Hopefully we will have to use that stuff but only sparingly.

Sound good?
Gonna get loaded up tonight and plan on being there around 9:30 or so in the morning, we are in for the bunny trails :bounce:

I’ll be hauling a tan XJ

For anyone with small kids….I was worried my two would get bored at some point so I might have panic packed a jump castle right before we left.

We’re down in the woods so it will probably be set up beside the pavilion at some point tomorrow if they start getting wild.

Either that or stick them on @ghost ’s three wheel terror machine.

Last edited:
Packed and ready. Trying to head out at 8, but woth a newborn and a toddler...... who knows.

20210917_204150.jpg

Teaser shots. Still haven't done anything useful other than wash the grease and oil off the trailer.
20210917_193025.jpg

And a years worth of grit, grime, and leaves off the jeep.
20210917_193056.jpg

Last edited:
Doesn't matter what I plan, it will change. Good news though, kiddo #1 was sick on Wednesday, and his covid test came back negative at 9:30 tonight, so he is riding along, and I might be able to camp Saturday night. Another plus: the jeep is loaded up before 2am! :laughing:
20210918_010212.jpg

Last edited:
Back