The 2nd annual get together 9/18/21

Sure...hitting Troutmans for breakfast & headed down, should be there no later than 9-9:30. Heavy emphasis on bunny, bounced around too much last time - freaked my kid out a bit (1st ride).

Sure...hitting Troutmans for breakfast & headed down, should be there no later than 9-9:30
BUNNY TRAIL GROUP!

10am meet up at camp. Look for the white overlander rubi (blame that on Matt) and my black 4 door jk previously pictured in this thread. We can go from there to the outpost for anyone that needs passes, air down and load up on snacks or whatnot. From there we will ride. My (wifes) jeep isn't super well equipped but I will have basic recovery gear and it's got a winch. Hopefully we will have to use that stuff but only sparingly.

Sound good?

Finally loaded and heading up.

76AF2FD4-9F1C-4D90-8CD5-24690D0F5C4B.jpeg

Still have to fuel up. Should be there about 4 - 4:30. Andy called they are heading out too.

Sure...hitting Troutmans for breakfast & headed down, should be there no later than 9-9:30. Heavy emphasis on bunny, bounced around too much last time - freaked my kid out a bit (1st ride).
I've got to take this same jeep to cullowhee early as hell Sunday am so I'm looking for a no damage trip. I'm making my wife drive so she wont be into large obstacles anyways.

I am by no means a trail guide as I’ve only been once in the last year but we have to keep it mild on the trails this trip due to the kiddos so I’d be up for tagging along with a group for some “easier” trail riding
My son when he was 2 was asleep going up Dickey bell at the hardest part.
8923F90F-BB6A-4714-810B-E0C4A9C43EE3.jpeg

he's 4 now and I'll have his brother (6) there also

BUNNY TRAIL GROUP!

10am meet up at camp. Look for the white overlander rubi (blame that on Matt) and my black 4 door jk previously pictured in this thread. We can go from there to the outpost for anyone that needs passes, air down and load up on snacks or whatnot. From there we will ride. My (wifes) jeep isn't super well equipped but I will have basic recovery gear and it's got a winch. Hopefully we will have to use that stuff but only sparingly.

Sound good?

Sounds great...blue TJ w/ a tall, goofy driver.

In for the bunny trails...open/open TJ
If you got 33s and a little lift you can go anywhere at URE with that. URE unfortntly doesn't have much to offer the big rigs anymore since Kodiak was closed. The ledges can be challenging some years but I've been able to drive up them this year.
IMG_20201214_113400_560.jpg

BUNNY TRAIL GROUP!

Sound good?
Looking for some company tomorrow. I will have my JK and another TJ which can do pretty much anything there but seems to have issues going up the front side of Daniel lately.

So, if you might get into things like Dickey Bell, Dutch John and possibly the back side of Daniel, I would love to be with you. I'm not afraid of Daniel but really just looking for a nice ride with some good people. Had my fun at GER last weekend and really don't want to break anything before Windrock.

Looking for some company tomorrow. I will have my JK and another TJ which can do pretty much anything there but seems to have issues going up the front side of Daniel lately.

So, if you might get into things like Dickey Bell, Dutch John and possibly the back side of Daniel, I would love to be with you. I'm not afraid of Daniel but really just looking for a nice ride with some good people. Had my fun at GER last weekend and really don't want to break anything before Windrock.
Basically it's what the group decides. I can winch over anything and would likely have to with open diffs on 33s. Meet up with us at camp and see if the mix or right I guess.

I promised to not actually show up just like last time.
Well...
Now I just need someone to finish installing my D300. Any volunteers? It's already in, but needs to rotate down about 15 degrees, which is right between the holes on the clocking ring :rolleyes:
Dunit.
Simplest thing is probably just ditch the clocking ring, and drill 6 holes in the tranny.
Dunit.

Hmm, what other excuses do I have...
Need to clean grease and oil off of trailer.
Need to do some sheet metal work so that the D300 cable shifters are actually connected to something instead of just flopping around.
Need to pull the rear wheels and retorque the spacers, then reinstall and torque the wheels.
Need to secure cable shifters and loose wires under jeep.
Need to put a new battery in it.
Need to not worry about how much everything is leaking because it'll be a'ight.
Need to load everything on the trailer and get it strapped down.
Need to figure out what to do for food! :eek: :popcorn:

Can't camp out, but if I can get everything on that list done, I might just make my way for the day out towards Uwharrie tomorrie.

Last edited:
Back