The Base Camp - Super Duty Ambulance Conversion

Falko

As important as a beer fridge is..... four times four is more importanter! I'm going to need you to go ahead and get the front axle under it :D
Yeah, yeah. I'm right there with you. I have a self-imposed "1 disabled vehicle" limit to avoid attracting the attention and complaints of nosey neighborhood moms who have nothing better to do. That means I gotta get the parts truck out of here before it goes under the knife. There are a few tasks left with it requiring multiple people and I haven't had good schedule luck with anyone.

Hopefully soon - in the mean time I'm working on getting all the heavy stuff bolted down so it's ready to go when I get to that point.

Caver Dave

Just holdin' it down here in BFV
There are a few tasks left with it requiring multiple people and I haven't had good schedule luck with anyone.

While I've got enough irons in the fire to squat the ass end of a triple axle dump-truck... I'm in W-S twice weekly (usually Mondays & Wednesdays) and would be happy to assist for several hours some evenings (unless you're a 2nd/3rd shifter?)

Croatan_Kid

How's your hammer hangin'?
Sounds like you need heavy equipment to pick stuff up with! :D

Falko

While I've got enough irons in the fire to squat the ass end of a triple axle dump-truck... I'm in W-S twice weekly (usually Mondays & Wednesdays) and would be happy to assist for several hours some evenings (unless you're a 2nd/3rd shifter?)
I very much appreciate it. I'm going to take one more run at it this weekend before I start roping in out of towners. Lol
Sounds like you need heavy equipment to pick stuff up with! :D
I debated trying to do this with a jeep crane, but it's more awkwardness than weight.

GLTHFJ60

Looking forward to how you address the coil swap. It's something I intend to do on my F550 in the next year.

I've read it's easiest to swap the whole front subframe in, if you have a lift to pull the cab easily.

doc

I'm down for some remote wrenching...selfishly offering to help to "practice" for my 60 swap.

RJLynn67

I am always game! Well maybe always if family life, work, college football, or drinking aren't in the way!!!! But seriously I owe you many days of this.

Falko

I am always game! Well maybe always if family life, work, college football, or drinking aren't in the way!!!! But seriously I owe you many days of this.
The plan is to go HAM on it this weekend. If you have a few hours come on up. Beers and pizza on me. Got some help lined up for Sunday we could turn into a wrenching partay.

That goes for anyone really.

RJLynn67

Yep! I am working on unloading the golf cart prior to Red XJ #2 makes the move from your place to mine! Have to buy new batteries.... About as fun as buying tires...

Falko

Front yard junk yard Sunday:

Matt brought the torch for the frame mods. I learned that no plug circuit in the house (theres only 2) is capable of running a 110V plasma. Had to reset the breaker no less than 10 times.

And the bumper isn't going to adapt the way I thought, so I'll have to fab something up. For now the panels are subbed up to measure for some spacers.

Caver Dave

Just holdin' it down here in BFV
Matt brought the torch for the frame mods. I learned that no plug circuit in the house (theres only 2) is capable of running a 110V plasma. Had to reset the breaker no less than 10 times.

Generally, a 100' 14ga. dropcord is a bad idea for that much of a load ;)

Falko

Generally, a 100' 14ga. dropcord is a bad idea for that much of a load ;)
My cord has the number 16 on the outside, so that has to be better than 14 right? 16>14?

Joking aside, my mechanical engineering degree says running the plasma off a drop cord would affect the power quality delivered to the unit, but not increase total current draw of the circuit.

Falko

The donor has left the property.

Worth a whopping $78.

More importantly (to me) was learning that the Ram and trailer tares at 10,500lbs with a quarter tank of fuel; about 1,000 more than I expected. That leaves shit net carrying capacity on the "if you want any more than 13k, we'll need a left nut or right arm" weighted tag.

Falko

Yeah, if I had remembered that you asked about them I would have gotten back with you. I was going to use them myself, but the passenger door had a tweak in it near the windshield and the drivers door had some rust at the bottom so I decided against it. Figured other people would feel the same.

Croatan_Kid

I've got 24k tags. I don't wanna hear you complain about going over 13k :flipoff2:

Croatan_Kid

I figured I could chance it with 13k tags and probably never get pulled over grossing somewhere around 23.5k...or I could fork over 484 bucks a year and that'd be less than what the ticket would cost. Damned if you do, dammed if you don't.

I also need a Class A non-commercial license, technically. I just haven't gone to get one yet.

Croatan_Kid

Here's a thought...could it not be titled as an RV? Then you don't need a weighted tag. I mean, it IS pretty much an RV.