The Mega Hauler

Duramax Tuner or Starlite.

FWIW, I have an AutoCal that's already linked to Starlite and can load the tune/tunes to your truck. It would save you from having to buy one and you'd just need a VIN license for it.
Sweet. So you just ship it to me, and they email me a tune?

They'll email you a tune, I can load it on the AutoCal, and then send/bring it to you, you upload it. Just a single tune will be easier and much cheaper than the normal DSP5 set of tunes.

You can get on FB and find a dude named Cody Hawk, he's a Starlite dealer. He can set you up with the tuning end of it and I can give you the serial number of the AutoCal for the VIN license.

Basically just keeps you from having to buy your own AutoCal. Last time I looked, they were like 315 bucks and if it's like everything else, they've probably just gotten more expensive.

They'll email you a tune, I can load it on the AutoCal, and then send/bring it to you, you upload it. Just a single tune will be easier and much cheaper than the normal DSP5 set of tunes.

You can get on FB and find a dude named Cody Hawk, he's a Starlite dealer. He can set you up with the tuning end of it and I can give you the serial number of the AutoCal for the VIN license.

Basically just keeps you from having to buy your own AutoCal. Last time I looked, they were like 315 bucks and if it's like everything else, they've probably just gotten more expensive.

Shoot me that info. I’ll give them a shout this week

I sent an email to Starlite. Hopefully they will get back to me soon. If not I’ll go with Duramax Tuner.

They're going to tell you to find one of their dealers, which is why I mentioned the guy's name. Not sure why they do it that way, but a lot of people have gone to that.

After discussing risks of bricking the ECM with @Croatan_Kid i decided to go with a local tuner. Dropping the truck off at Pure Diesel Monday morning where they will put a single tow tune for heavy towing on it. They’ll drive it a data log it and make all the adjustments needed and such. I’m excited to see the difference.

After discussing risks of bricking the ECM with @Croatan_Kid i decided to go with a local tuner. Dropping the truck off at Pure Diesel Monday morning where they will put a single tow tune for heavy towing on it. They’ll drive it a data log it and make all the adjustments needed and such. I’m excited to see the difference.
Adam’s team has worked on 3 of my trucks. I’ve been very happy with their services. I’m sure he will treat you right!

I have 4 of these bad boys to mount up after the truck comes back from Pure Diesel.
4C312182-667D-4B49-951D-67E108B2D4C2.jpeg

So I was surfing the YouTube the other night and for whatever reason the algorithm showed me a video that did reviews on some Amazon air horns. It was only like 8 minutes long so I said why not.

This dude tested $25 horns and $135 horns. A $35 horn won. I was surprised cause from my teenage years any “air horn” that ran off its own compressor and not using a real tank always sounded dinky and laughable.

So I did the right thing and ordered one up myself cause the horn on the Mega Hauler is pathetic. Such a big manly truck deserves a horn that can be heard. Since I have 120psi on tap now I’d considered a train horn already, but for $35 I was willing to try this based on the video I’d seen, plus the reviews on Amazon.

Holy crap! I haven’t installed it but I touched some wires together today and let me tell you this thing blew me away. It sounds just like a big semi.

GAMPRO 12V 150db Air Horn, 18 Inches Chrome Zinc Single Trumpet Truck Air Horn with Compressor for Any 12V Vehicles Trucks Lorrys Trains Boats Cars (Black) https://a.co/d/cnZ2bWN

If you want a some more horn for those idiot drivers, but not quite wanting the douche bag obnoxious train horn, this is perfect.

Last edited:
So I was surfing the YouTube the other night and for whatever reason the algorithm showed me a video that did reviews on some Amazon air horns. It was only like 8 minutes long so I said why not.

This dude tested $25 horns and $135 horns. A $35 horn won. I was surprised cause from my teenage years any “air horn” that ran off its own compressor and not using a real tank always sounded dinky and laughable.

So I did the right thing and ordered one up myself cause the horn on the Mega Hauler is pathetic. Such a big manly truck deserves a horn that can be heard. Since I have 120psi on tap now I’d considered a train horn already, but for $35 I was willing to try this based on the video I’d seen, plus the reviews on Amazon.

Holy crap! I haven’t installed it but I touched some wires together today and let be tell you this thing blew my away. It sounds just like a big semi.

GAMPRO 12V 150db Air Horn, 18 Inches Chrome Zinc Single Trumpet Truck Air Horn with Compressor for Any 12V Vehicles Trucks Lorrys Trains Boats Cars (Black) https://a.co/d/cnZ2bWN

If you want a some more horn for those idiot drivers, but not quite wanting the douche bag obnoxious train horn, this is perfect.
It is in the shopping cart!

Yep. Gunna have to get me about three of those...

Got the truck back from Pure Diesel today. Man what a difference! It takes so much less throttle input to get it moving, it builds boost way faster, and builds just a little bit more boost overall. It doesn’t smoke at all and it just overall seems to move a lot better without the squishy throttle. Way better throttle response and I’m very happy.

I went to @Curtis_H house to put his rig on the back. I needed to see what 118” wheelbase looked like and how much space there was to play with….
C3C183E9-0A3A-4977-BAEC-CDB89F75A419.jpeg
B60BB0DB-6BFA-4C4F-82D4-3CC971D60E76.jpeg

Shout at to Rev Limit Fab for this amazing fit!

9B07610F-B2CE-473E-809A-EE648336838C.jpeg

Ramps looks steep, how does it feel backing off?

Probably not too bad with his wheelbase lol.
But with my old rig at 104” it was steep. It didn’t bother me at all. I actually loaded it once in 2 Low and didn’t even realize it.

Tons of room for a longer WB.

Time to get this check sent to BKOR and get you a new fancy mobile :laughing::D

I love everything they’re doing over there but their buggies are ugly as hell. Still, if I had the coin I’d love to sit down with Jake and design a 4 seater if he would do would. I just love how it’s so production style with the book of part numbers, diagrams and all of that. It’s so awesome and IMO sets him apart. I’m gonna be close to them soon in my travels and want to stop in and check out a buggy.

I sure wouldn’t order a Bent Fab buggy that’s for sure :laughing:

Lower the front one.

Did you buy or make cradles? How did you attach them? Unsupported on the bottom and things tend to go south.

Lower the front one.

Did you buy or make cradles? How did you attach them? Unsupported on the bottom and things tend to go south.

Angle iron bolted to the flat bed from the inside. I intended to make cradles but ran out of time. I went ahead and bought 4 so I wouldn’t be cramming a bunch of heavy stuff in then and blowing the bottoms out.
I also intend to put something in the bottoms in the inside so heavy stuff isn’t right on the toolboxes and and the “load” is spread out.

Angle iron bolted to the flat bed from the inside. I intended to make cradles but ran out of time. I went ahead and bought 4 so I wouldn’t be cramming a bunch of heavy stuff in then and blowing the bottoms out.
I also intend to put something in the bottoms in the inside so heavy stuff isn’t right on the toolboxes and and the “load” is spread out.
cheap 1/4 plywood will do wonders...get me a foot print I have a job that is gonna kill sheets but may be perfect for your boxes. I will give it to you.

cheap 1/4 plywood will do wonders...get me a foot print I have a job that is gonna kill sheets but may be perfect for your boxes. I will give it to you.

Turns out I had some 3/4 plywood laying around. Stuff I’d cut for shelves a long time ago but never hung. It was the perfect width, I just needed to cut it to length. It was about to get thrown away anyway and I realized it was just about perfect. A bit overkill but oh well. Thanks for the offer though!

Man the EFI Live sure did wake this thing up. It has so much more power to get up and going. My EGTs look great even with the camper behind it. However, my overheating issue is much worse than before.
See I had ordered the Hayden 2886 clutch for this thing a couple months ago and hadn’t towed with it since installing. Problem is I ordered it from Amazon where the reviews were 50/50 on it being the real deal or a knockoff. Many complaints about it not working, or only working a short time. I took the gamble and lost.
I now have another one ordered, not from Amazon, and being sent to the next campground I’m staying at. I will install it Friday and the tow home will tell if that fixes the issue or not. If not, I’m going to assume I have a bigger issue.
However, I can’t hear this fan kick on at all. Before I could, it was just too late. Now I don’t hear it at all. It’s also cooler outside, that was a much flatter tow, and I don’t have a rig on the back. So I’m certain I got a cheap knockoff clutch that was a dud right out of the box.

Last edited:
Back