The Mega Hauler

For this reason I got a fleet card. It didn’t cost anything and now I can buy diesel at the same rate as a company with 500 trucks on the road. When I went to Harlan Diesel was $5.40 and I bought it for $4.72

It really doesn’t fit just any gas station. Even a Sheetz would be hard (I will not buy their gas/diesel anyway) but possible at some. I don’t wanna fool with any of that so I just got a fleet card so I can go in and out and not have to pre-pay. The wife and kids go to the bathroom in the camper while stopped, grab snack, wash hands and all so we never even have to go inside.

Works at Loves, TA, Flying J, Pilot and more.

I’d be interested in hearing which fleet card you went with and the application process. I run a Wex card for work but it’s paid for by our company. .70c savings like you’re talking is way more than any of my cash back or points card I would normally use for personal or the farm.

For this reason I got a fleet card. It didn’t cost anything and now I can buy diesel at the same rate as a company with 500 trucks on the road. When I went to Harlan Diesel was $5.40 and I bought it for $4.72

It really doesn’t fit just any gas station. Even a Sheetz would be hard (I will not buy their gas/diesel anyway) but possible at some. I don’t wanna fool with any of that so I just got a fleet card so I can go in and out and not have to pre-pay. The wife and kids go to the bathroom in the camper while stopped, grab snack, wash hands and all so we never even have to go inside.

Works at Loves, TA, Flying J, Pilot and more.
Which one did you get? We have WEX and Quality Oil but have never seen discounts like that. I'll cancel our others today.

Do you have to have a company to get this fleet card or can an individual private citizen get one?
I was really pissed when I stopped at the TA on my way to Kairos and couldn’t get diesel in the big rig lane. I then had to pull my Tramper thru the peasant lanes to fill up. I guess the only other big rig truck stop I’ve filled up at before was the QT on I85 near Kannapolis and no fleet card required, so I didn’t know that was a thing.

I’d be interested in hearing which fleet card you went with and the application process. I run a Wex card for work but it’s paid for by our company. .70c savings like you’re talking is way more than any of my cash back or points card I would normally use for personal or the farm.

Which one did you get? We have WEX and Quality Oil but have never seen discounts like that. I'll cancel our others today.

It’s called Open Roads, by TSD Logistics. It will ask you how you heard about them, put my name!

It’s not a credit card, you have to give your bank account info and SSN. Online application is easy, it will say that it’s being submitted for approval but then it just shows up in the mail about 7 days later. Link the card to your app, you get instructions on how to use it. Then in the app as seen below, you can search out the best prices in your area or along your route. They charge a $0.65 fee for each fill up.

075FBC98-81C5-4948-B9DC-E6A3B63EFE80.png

Last edited:
It’s called Open Roads, by TSD Logistics. It will ask you how you heard about them, put my name!

It’s not a credit card, you have to give your bank account info and SSN. Online application is easy, it will say that it’s being submitted for approval but then it just shows up in the mail about 7 days later. Link the card to your app, you get instructions on how to use it. Then in the app as seen below, you can search out the best prices in your area or along your route. They charge a $0.65 fee for each fill up.

View attachment 377475
Not to totally derail your build thread, but how the hell are the stations nearly $1 cheaper/gallon simply using this service? Something is off here.
Thanks for the heads up!

I might have to get one of those also.

The big question is why do they need your SSN

Same thing kind of as get upside. I don't know how they can offer 10-20 cents a gallon off by just using the app.

Not to totally derail your build thread, but how the hell are the stations nearly $1 cheaper/gallon simply using this service? Something is off here.
Thanks for the heads up!

It’s just a buying Co-Op so by the time 300 RV folks sign up, it’s the same as having 300 company trucks, so you’re getting the same discount as trucking companies.

@DSM Turbos I assume they want the SSN and stuff for direct payment. That way they can negotiate with these fuel companies this price and guarantee payment. They don’t have ti worry about someone disputing a $600 fuel charge on their credit card or something.

They also might do a credit check just to check if someone is financially stable. Just my assumptions though.

If you sign up, read all the stuff. Don’t be the dickhead that blocks the pump and stuff, when you’re full, if you do wanna run into the store, pull up first. That’s probably common sense to 99.9% of the folks here though but it’s a good way to piss truckers off lol.

It’s just a buying Co-Op so by the time 300 RV folks sign up, it’s the same as having 300 company trucks, so you’re getting the same discount as trucking companies.

@DSM Turbos I assume they want the SSN and stuff for direct payment. That way they can negotiate with these fuel companies this price and guarantee payment. They don’t have ti worry about someone disputing a $600 fuel charge on their credit card or something.

They also might do a credit check just to check if someone is financially stable. Just my assumptions though.

If you sign up, read all the stuff. Don’t be the dickhead that blocks the pump and stuff, when you’re full, if you do wanna run into the store, pull up first. That’s probably common sense to 99.9% of the folks here though but it’s a good way to piss truckers off lol.

I prefer to block the pumps and go inside for a minimum of 30 mins. :D
Seems like a nobrainer to use, there aren't any stops local to me but anytime we travel I should be able to use it.

Did you get ac figured out? I've got an 05 c7500 dump truck that i drive nearly every day so have dealt with a lot of the same bullshit. And now that i think about it seeing your pictures, there's still a pair of vice grips holding my exhaust brake cylinder on that needs fixed...

I haven’t touched the truck. My Jeep is still on the back of it all dirty from Harlan and Uwharrie. I am trying to get my house on the market before I go to Utah, which is in 4 weeks so I don’t have much free time.

I dealt with the very same valve @Croatan_Kid mentioned on my last two GM trucks so there’s a strong possibility that’s what it is. Not sure when I’m gonna make time for it but I need to cause we are supposed to travel up to Kentucky and then drop down and wheel Ivy Branch on the way home in the middle of September.

My supervisor travels with his 5th wheel camper a lot and has 2 or 3 of these same kinds of fuel cards/apps. The savings are unreal.

Do these cards also have savings on the gas side of things? Work has decided it wants me to use my truck instead of theirs and thats a lot of gas in my old beater.

I’ve had the TSD logistics card for years. Savings are significant. Great app to map prices too. Doesn’t work everywhere though. Heading to obx with the fiver Sunday and no good fill up options for the fleet card east of 95. Still a great money saver otherwise.

Do these cards also have savings on the gas side of things? Work has decided it wants me to use my truck instead of theirs and thats a lot of gas in my old beater.

Not yet but they say that’s something they’re planning to do in the future.

I also have the TDS card and the savings are real. They get their cut when you use the card, but you still save a lot. You have to use the big truck pumps the way I understand it in order to get the discount.

since the AC doesn’t work I noticed that with the blower motor off the EGT gauge works like it should. Turn it on, or roll a window up or down and it doesn’t work again. Even turn signals effect the EGT reading. When I have some time I’ll be cleaning all the main grounds and seeing if that changes anything. I actually had ground issues when I bought this thing so it certainly needs to be addressed.

As for the AC, it does have the factory ball valve for the service port and appears to have been leaking. I’ll be changing it to the schrader style valve and then recharging the system.

I’m also going to be ordering the underbody box that @jeepinmatt linked in here. I really need two but will start with one. I also need to find time to wire up the flatbed lights before I move out of this house but I just don’t know when/if I will be able to do that.

since the AC doesn’t work I noticed that with the blower motor off the EGT gauge works like it should. Turn it on, or roll a window up or down and it doesn’t work again. Even turn signals effect the EGT reading. When I have some time I’ll be cleaning all the main grounds and seeing if that changes anything. I actually had ground issues when I bought this thing so it certainly needs to be addressed.

As for the AC, it does have the factory ball valve for the service port and appears to have been leaking. I’ll be changing it to the schrader style valve and then recharging the system.

I’m also going to be ordering the underbody box that @jeepinmatt linked in here. I really need two but will start with one. I also need to find time to wire up the flatbed lights before I move out of this house but I just don’t know when/if I will be able to do that.
Go ahead and buy 2. That way they are already keyed alike and you get the hassle of mounting out of the way while its still fresh.

Go ahead and buy 2. That way they are already keyed alike and you get the hassle of mounting out of the way while its still fresh.
Good point. May go ahead and do that. I am going to swap on an HD fan clutch and get EFI Live for a small 40HP tow tune, plus address the exhaust brake issue as well.

Good point. May go ahead and do that. I am going to swap on an HD fan clutch and get EFI Live for a small 40HP tow tune, plus address the exhaust brake issue as well.
They also sell mounting brackets. For my application, I did not see them as useful, but they may work better since you have more framerail. Here's what I did:
1659449466589.png

1659449502272.png

1659449529524.png

1659449562781.png

I also put a diagonal strap at the front and rear of each box, and bolted it through the inside of the box for security and stability, but didn't take any direct pictures of that:
1659449822548.png

1659449780236.png

Your tool box mounting bracket looks just like my little trailer ramp catch. Weird.

Your tool box mounting bracket looks just like my little trailer ramp catch. Weird.
It has shitty welds too? :laughing:

Back