The NC4x4 2020 won Upgrade Thread

Not sure what you mean.
Uploaded files are horizontal thumbnails. Used to be vertical.
Screenshot_20210108-233010_Chrome.jpg

Would it be better if it inserted the image into the post immediately?
Maybe not for Matt but it would help the dozens of others who upload photos and never insert them and leave them as attachments to the post

My Gallery was hard to find and once I got a pic uploaded, I could not get the url to load in the media or "insert image" button.

My Gallery was hard to find and once I got a pic uploaded, I could not get the url to load in the media or "insert image" button.

Can you elaborate on this? Are you posting photos to the gallery first, then trying to link to them from a thread?

Can you elaborate on this? Are you posting photos to the gallery first, then trying to link to them from a thread?
I uploaded a pic to my gallery once I found it then I tried to load to a reply and could not get it to work. I copied the url and when I tried to load it on the media box or the url box it told me no

Would it be better if it inserted the image into the post immediately?
If we can't do multi select, then yes, instant insertion would be ideal (that's what she said)

If we can't do multi select, then yes, instant insertion would be ideal

You can select multiple images. It's the "Insert Multiple" button right under the attachment preview. Hit that, select which ones you want (or select all), then mash the "full size" button, and the images get inserted wherever your cursor is.

I'll look into the auto-insertion thing. We can always try it out and see if it sucks.

I uploaded a pic to my gallery once I found it then I tried to load to a reply and could not get it to work. I copied the url and when I tried to load it on the media box or the url box it told me no

I haven't looked at the gallery templates yet (other than to make sure it 'worked'), but I can do that next. I'll probably need an install of the old board to compare against, so it's not going to be a quick fix.

You can select multiple images. It's the "Insert Multiple" button right under the attachment preview. Hit that, select which ones you want (or select all), then mash the "full size" button, and the images get inserted wherever your cursor is.

I'll look into the auto-insertion thing. We can always try it out and see if it sucks.
I mean multi select for the upload. I'm aware of the multi select for the insertion.

Are you following a forum or a user?
No, I got an alert that @CasterTroy started the Free Speech thread, when it first popped. Don’t follow him (or anyone I don’t think) just the threads I’ve participated in

not a complaint just thought it odd as it’s never happened before

Don’t follow him (or anyone I don’t think) just the threads I’ve participated in
Are you subscribed to the interesting news thread or the garage?

Are you subscribed to the interesting news thread or the garage?
Interesting news yes, the Garage as a whole, no, just a lot of threads in subforum

@shawn how bad has the upgrade affected site traffic, and/or traffic vs posts? Seems like a significant reduction.

Not even in the post and replies count

Nope. It fluctuates a bit depending on weekend vs weekday, and dropped on 1/2 due to the upgrade running in the morning, but that's it.

Back