The NC4x4 2020 won Upgrade Thread

This popped up while I was exploring the giphy insert tool:

1609768372119.png

This popped up while I was exploring the giphy insert tool:

View attachment 334823
That's the same error I've been getting. We got approved by giphy this morning, so I'm not sure that has anything to do with it anymore.

I fixed the 'powered by GIPHY' logo, but that's unrelated.

I changed some settings on the back end this morning (looking at the giphy issue), which apparently reset the cookies and logged me out. If you had to log back in today, that's why.

Tab Headers are showing the number of notifications first, which seems relatively useless, especially when you have multiple tabs open and they all say the same thing. Not sure if that's something you can change on your end?

1609776608716.png

I didnt notice it on the mobile site/app. On my PC, it seems like it is missing a banner at the top, or some seperator between the Header/Title and the first post. This is minor but thought I would throw it out there.

1609778028023.png

Pretty bummed about no more notifications on the parts for sale add! I used those to be first in line on the dealzzz.
Otherwise, looks awesome! thanks for the hard work of keeping the site rollin.

I didnt notice it on the mobile site/app. On my PC, it seems like it is missing a banner at the top, or some seperator between the Header/Title and the first post. This is minor but thought I would throw it out there.

View attachment 334837

It looks kinda nekkid, doesn't it?

Tab Headers are showing the number of notifications first, which seems relatively useless, especially when you have multiple tabs open and they all say the same thing. Not sure if that's something you can change on your end?

I disabled the notice in the tab title, but it should be putting a red dot over the "NC" if there are notifications. Are you seeing those?

I disabled the notice in the tab title, but it should be putting a red dot over the "NC" if there are notifications. Are you seeing those?
It worked for me. But the red dot didnt show up. I do see the red dot over the bell.

View attachment 334836
Maybe the problem is only serial killers and arsonists open that many tabs on one internet window. You deserve to be punished. Nut job. :flipoff2:

Maybe the problem is only serial killers and arsonists open that many tabs on one internet window. You deserve to be punished. Nut job. :flipoff2:
Shi...
That's lightweight stuff. I only had about 15 tabs open, and only 1 instance of chrome running. It's not unusual for me to have 50+ tabs and 2 or 3 chrome windows for different topics (dirtbike parts, NC4x4, whatever the next major thing I'm going to buy, FB marketplace, actual work related websites, etc). It's how I stay organized and don't forget what I was...what were we talking about?

Shi...
That's lightweight stuff. I only had about 15 tabs open, and only 1 instance of chrome running. It's not unusual for me to have 50+ tabs and 2 or 3 chrome windows for different topics (dirtbike parts, NC4x4, whatever the next major thing I'm going to buy, FB marketplace, actual work related websites, etc). It's how I stay organized and don't forget what I was...what were we talking about?

You’re a f***ing monster. That made my chest tighten just looking at it. If I have more than a couple tabs open, I assume they’re non-essential and close all windows.

Shi...
LOL, I can totally relate! What's that tab hanging out over there? Oh yea, that thing I started about 6 hours ago...

50 tabs between two or three windows? WTF? I can't think of the last time I had enough tabs open that they started getting smaller in the header.

Duane

50 tabs between two or three windows? WTF? I can't think of the last time I had enough tabs open that they started getting smaller in the header.

Duane
I've had so many open that they don't just get smaller - they don't even show up! You have to use keyboard navigation to move amongst them, close them, etc. It's horrible!

Shi...
I see we have similar styles.

Shi...

This. Then add tabs between different computers/virtual machines/etc...

I get this same error popup when I try to change my avatar pic. Using chrome on desktop.

Duane
That's a super helpful clue. Thanks!

I have fixed it (temporarily/with a kludge), but will work on a long-term solution.

Yup I often have dozens of tabs open.
And different browser instances for a general topic.
One is all "work stuff". Another is general misc, but when I find myself spending a lit of time on different threads of thought on a specific thing, that gets all grouped into a new seperate instance (e.g.shopping for tools, or researching garage plans)

Are my fat thumbs the only ones that keep accidentally hitting the report button when I hit the back button on mobile??? I don’t remember how it was positioned before, but I’ve hit ‘report’ 3 times from my phone today.

2402355A-A4FB-4F01-9800-0C2E411417CC.jpeg

Back