The NC4x4 2020 won Upgrade Thread

I was having problems staying logged in on my phone earlier as well. When I've had that happen, it's usually because of a cookie corruption issue. Deleting all the NC4x4-related cookies and logging back in usually fixes it.
Login is "sticky" now - fixed.

If y'all want to add some smilies, just post the image itself and what you want to call it... or send me a link where I can see it someplace else.
That include "likes"? Nice to see some additional ones there too. The new ones are a big improvement tho!

Aside from having things in one place, which I can work around, the only thing left that I'll miss with Tapatalk is that it was a native app so the phone notification features worked. With a bookmark or shortcut on the phone, that doesn't work - unless I'm just not an iPhone guru!

I found the icon, but there aren't any conversations - more of a data migration question than feature.
I have 'You have no recent conversations.' but underneath is the option to "show all"

Screenshot_20210103-105654_Chrome.jpg

Aside from having things in one place, which I can work around, the only thing left that I'll miss with Tapatalk is that it was a native app so the phone notification features worked. With a bookmark or shortcut on the phone, that doesn't work - unless I'm just not an iPhone guru!

Notifications are coming.

If one of y'all with an iPhone could fix Scott's upload problem, that would be great....
Good on mine with Chrome. Don’t see any option for size, it picked something smaller which is normally good thing.

May want to upload something like a map that could benefit from a larger size.

Attachments

• 7F47FD37-AC9B-4EEC-99BF-B917F8E08398.jpeg
    7F47FD37-AC9B-4EEC-99BF-B917F8E08398.jpeg
    158.5 KB · Views: 151

Well, fuck. Push notifications are not supported on iOS.

Could " Forums > General Discussion> General Chit chat" be bigger? I have fatfingered on the stupid ad several times since the "upgrade"

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210103-125023.png
    Screenshot_20210103-125023.png
    277.2 KB · Views: 167
Night mode at all? Tapatalk was nice because it had night mode and I could keep up with all of the recent hate in my build thread late at night without waking up my wife :)
I'll second this motion.

Could " Forums > General Discussion> General Chit chat" be bigger? I have fatfingered on the stupid ad several times since the "upgrade"
I added some more space around it. I can't get Google to deliver a predictable ad for that slot, so that's causing some of the problems. It's also hard to get the text big enough to fit without blowing out the side of the screen.

I'll second this motion.
This might be coming in the next version.

Anybody have a facepalm smilie? This one is illegible.
Also, the emojis are hidden in a submenu. Can we swap it out for the hyperlink button since (mostly) noone uses that button when you can just paste a link?
This is now fixed. Emojis also work. Giphy kinda works, but crashes if you scroll down too far. I'm hoping that's because we're waiting on app approval from Giphy.

The web app is now functional. You can install it to your mobile device by clicking the hamburger (top left), scrolling down to the bottom and clicking "install app". I'm not sure if it changes the notification behavior for iOS.

Orange diamond people should now be able to upload videos directly to the board. I think there's a 12mb limit, so I don't know how well that's going to work, but it's there.

Also, the rotating header images at the top right of the page are working again. I put up some winter-themed ones, but I only have four. If y'all have some snow photos that you'd like to see at the top of the page, please send them to me, and I'll add them to the mix.

jump fail GIF

The web app is now functional. You can install it to your mobile device by clicking the hamburger (top left), scrolling down to the bottom and clicking "install app". I'm not sure if it changes the notification behavior for iOS.
Don’t see it on iPhone. Menu button I get several sub menus but none with that option.

Dinosaurs don't like change! I finally got logged in. Loaded 2 pictures, that seemed to take longer to load. I missed last night, so I'll keep bumbling along, till I get use to it. Don't think I ever had "Push Notifications". Doubt I need them. I'm on the PC. Looked it up, but still not sure what it's for.

I noticed the "Join User Groups" does not show up in the drop down menu. I recall you posted that the different groups might no be supported in this version. Any progress/updates inn that area?
Winter pictures emailed or DM?

I noticed the "Join User Groups" does not show up in the drop down menu. I recall you posted that the different groups might no be supported in this version. Any progress/updates inn that area?
Winter pictures emailed or DM?

The club forums are still there and functional, but there's no user-side way to add and remove people from those groups right now. It's on the to do list, but it's probably going to take some trial and error.

Either is fine for the photos.

I've noticed new pictures up in the top right...nice touch. Snow wheeling for winter time? These going to change with the season?

Back